• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat LOL Another chao Ah Tiong set to bring this prestigious football club to new lows

Pastore

Alfrescian
Loyal

Chinese group Suning complete Inter takeover

inter-cropped_1krkxzxaz744lzexm9b8lzzr8.jpg

Joe Wright
Jun 6, 2016 10:40:35

Suning Holdings Group announced the details of their acquisition of the Serie A club from president Erick Thohir at a news event on Monday

Chinese retailer Suning Holdings Group have announced they will take a majority control of Inter.

The group have purchased a 70 per cent stake in the club from Erick Thohir, who became majority shareholder and president of Inter in 2013, for a reported fee of €270million.

Suning's deal was announced on Sunday via the social media pages of Super League outfit Jiangsu Suning, before confirmation of the deal came at a news conference held on Monday.

Zhang Jidong, chairman of the Suning group, welcomed the deal as a watershed moment for a growing football market in China.

"Ours is an international business and our brand will soon be big in Europe, too. Now we have an alliance with an international and European top club. Football is growing at an incredible rate in China and the acquisition of Inter is a strategic move," he said.

"I'm convinced that undertaking Inter, with its glorious history, is a mission, a responsibility. I've become passionate about Inter, being part of the club is a huge responsibility. I thank Thohir for choosing us."

Thohir, who will stay on as president for the immediate future, and vice-president Javier Zanetti were among the Inter directors attending the event in Jiangsu.

Honorary president Massimo Moratti, who ran the club between 1995 and 2013 and retained a minority stake following Thohir's takeover, is expected to step aside from any official involvement in the running of the club.

Former Inter CEO Ernesto Paolillo branded Thohir's spell in charge as "a failure", with the club having failed to win a trophy or qualify for the Champions League in that time.

"It was inevitable Thohir would sell as his project has been a failure," he told Radio 24. “The club's budget was in the red. My vote for his management is a four out of 10."

Inter are now the third club in Serie A to fall under foreign ownership, with Roma and Bologna controlled by respective American and Canadian groups.

AC Milan are expected to conclude a deal to sell a majority stake to a Chinese consortium in the coming weeks following negotiations with president Silvio Berlusconi.

Jurgen

Alfrescian
Loyal

"Ours is an international business and our brand will soon be big in Europe, too.

This reminds me of Venky, ah neh poultry businessesmen who know nuts about football and where is the club, Blackburn Rovers standing now??? :biggrin:

Francisco

Alfrescian
Loyal

This is actually good news since Serie A and B are kelong leagues and among bookies favorites. :biggrin:

Napoli

Alfrescian
Loyal

To spare Inter the embarrassment under Tiong ownership next season, Napoli shall instead represent Serie A in the 2016-2017 season in SBF. Forza Napoli !!! :biggrin:

Last edited:

Strootman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why are you scolding your ancestors?

You fake angmo pretender wannabe.

You praise and suck up to Tiongs not because of that but becuase the PAP IB have been instructed to and not to incur the wrath of it's valuable trade partners.

Tiongs are a disgrace to all other chinese including Hongkies, Taiwanese, Singaporean and Malaysian Chinese.

ACMILAN

Alfrescian
Loyal

AC Milan are expected to conclude a deal to sell a majority stake to a Chinese consortium in the coming weeks following negotiations with president Silvio Berlusconi.

Alamak not AC Milan! Silvio call off the deal!

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
expect to see Valencia sold off too...................these mid-size tycoons aren't rich enough to turn these clubs around............they just wanna follow those super rich tycoons................but failed............

no_faith

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
expect to see Valencia sold off too...................these mid-size tycoons aren't rich enough to turn these clubs around............they just wanna follow those super rich tycoons................but failed............

I agree. The funds not huge enuff to turn things round. Esp ah lim wants to use cheap rookie brit to turn things round.