• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat RIP Mohammad Ali...allahuakbar

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal

Attachments

• ahlaubegging.jpg
    ahlaubegging.jpg
    4.2 KB · Views: 860

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I use to cut newspaper cuttings of Cassius Clay, ( back then, INTERNET was not around), & paste them into exercise books , back then,we only have newspapers & RADIO, till he was Muhammed Ali....followed his fights till Ali retired....& never watch any boxing matches from the day Ali Retired. Have lost my newspapers cuttings of his fights, what a pity.... Ali, you are the greatest " dance like a butterfly, sting like a bee"...ALI YOU ARE STILL THE GREATEST..:cool:

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
wasting your time on American bullshit.

I use to cut newspaper cuttings of Cassius Clay, ( back then, INTERNET was not around), & paste them into exercise books , back then,we only have newspapers & RADIO, till he was Muhammed Ali....followed his fights till Ali retired....& never watch any boxing matches from the day Ali Retired. Have lost my newspapers cuttings of his fights, what a pity.... Ali, you are the greatest " dance like a butterfly, sting like a bee"...ALI YOU ARE STILL THE GREATEST..:cool:

stuffycunt

Alfrescian
Loyal

wow you are a real fan. did you watch the movie cassius clay? will smith as the young ali

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal

Indeed bro. He was the greatest of all time. Skip classes just to watch his fights and got punished for it. It was worth it.

Brightkid

Alfrescian
Loyal
Watched Mohd Ali vs Joe Fraser match in the early 70s. Won a simple of Indian Rojak in Farrer Park roadside stall. Was a big meal back then when pocket money was 50 cents.

Mohd Ali had walked a long way till where he is. If not wrong, he was a slave boy back then?

Devil Within

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Muhammad Ali is an idiot who fall for the nonsense of Malcolm X's bullshit about Islam. He would be better off as Cassius Clay.

Asterix

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
He was fast of fist and foot — lip, too — a heavyweight champion who promised to shock the world and did. He floated. He stung. Mostly he thrilled, even after the punches had taken their toll and his voice barely rose above a whisper.

He was The Greatest.

Muhammad Ali died Friday at age 74, according to a statement from the family. He was hospitalized in the Phoenix area with respiratory problems earlier this week, and his children had flown in from around the country.

A funeral will be held Wednesday in his hometown of Louisville, Kentucky. The city plans a memorial service Saturday.

"It's a sad day for life, man. I loved Muhammad Ali, he was my friend. Ali will never die," Don King, who promoted some of Ali's biggest fights, told The Associated Press early Saturday. "Like Martin Luther King his spirit will live on, he stood for the world."

With a wit as sharp as the punches he used to "whup" opponents, Ali dominated sports for two decades before time and Parkinson's Syndrome, triggered by thousands of blows to the head, ravaged his magnificent body, muted his majestic voice and ended his storied career in 1981.

He won and defended the heavyweight championship in epic fights in exotic locations, spoke loudly on behalf of blacks, and famously refused to be drafted into the Army during the Vietnam War because of his Muslim beliefs.

"He was the greatest fighter of all time but his boxing career is secondary to his contribution to the world," promoter Bob Arum told the AP Saturday. "He's the most transforming figure of my time certainly. He did more to change race relations and the views of people than even Martin Luther King."

Despite his debilitating illness, Ali traveled the world to rapturous receptions even after his once-bellowing voice was quieted and he was left to communicate with a wink or a weak smile.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...li-who-riveted-the-world-as-the-greatest-dies

[video=youtube;NP4NztnRwsw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NP4NztnRwsw[/video]

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
wasting your time on American bullshit.

Who cares on Nationality....HE IS BOXER....you are blinded by being bigot.Never thought of Ali as a Muslim or An Afro-Armerican or.....for I am concern...he is the GREATEST BOXER ever lived...

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Who cares on Nationality....HE IS BOXER....you are blinded by being bigot.Never thought of Ali as a Muslim or An Afro-Armerican or.....for I am concern...he is the GREATEST BOXER ever lived...

Yup! Both tanwahtiu n devilwithin r idiots. So obsessed with religion n nationalities.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
I don't think the younger generation understand why this man was revered and respected so much.

He was not only the great sportsman and fighter and the very top of his game at his peak, he was an entertainer par excellence. He single handedly brought millions of fans into the sport. It was not a case of 2 lumbering giants slogging each other, it was about quick reflexes, nimble footwork and putting a rhythm to it. What he said he delivered. He did indeed dance like a butterfly and stung like a bee.

More importantly he showed his intelligence not just in sports but in politics and life. He could separate issues that others struggled with and break it down logically. He fought the draft and racism on principles but never ever wavered when it came to the stars and stripes. Go find the moment when he told the Russians where his allegiance lay and where to put their microphone. This was the defining moment when Americans both black and white knew that they had not only a great sportsman who came back from jail to reclaim his crown but also a great American. They knew he was proud to fly the flag for country and him.

When Ali fought, the World stood still, a phenomenon that every school boy, man and woman of a generation knew and treasured. And without fail it made the headlines in every newspaper.

It was no surprise that Mandela wanted to see Ali and it was no surprise that both sides of Congress claimed him as their own. He fought his last fight 35 years ago and no one ever came close to take his place in history for the man he was. And I suspect that no one will.

enterprise2

Alfrescian
Loyal
I don't think the younger generation understand why this man was revered and respected so much.

He was not only the great sportsman and fighter and the very top of his game at his peak, he was an entertainer par excellence. He single handedly brought millions of fans into the sport. It was not a case of 2 lumbering giants slogging each other, it was about quick reflexes, nimble footwork and putting a rhythm to it. What he said he delivered. He did indeed dance like a butterfly and stung like a bee.

More importantly he showed his intelligence not just in sports but in politics and life. He could separate issues that others struggled with and break it down logically. He fought the draft and racism on principles but never ever wavered when it came to the stars and stripes. Go find the moment when he told the Russians where his allegiance lay and where to put their microphone. This was the defining moment when Americans both black and white knew that they had not only a great sportsman who came back from jail to reclaim his crown but also a great American. They knew he was proud to fly the flag for country and him.

When Ali fought, the World stood still, a phenomenon that every school boy, man and woman of a generation knew and treasured. And without fail it made the headlines in every newspaper.

It was no surprise that Mandela wanted to see Ali and it was no surprise that both sides of Congress claimed him as their own. He fought his last fight 35 years ago and no one ever came close to take his place in history for the man he was. And I suspect that no one will.

Can still remember the bout he had with George Foreman! In that time, Foreman was like Tyson, one punch and u r gone but Ali stayed and KOed Foreman! When Foreman went down, I was crying ...with joy! Better than any plastic Rocky movie moments anytime !