• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Sinkie sentenced for causing death of poor, innocent kiwi

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Widow of motorcyclist killed in crash confronts foreign driver

Hamish McNeilly 17:10, June 3 2016
1464932742129.jpg

Singaporean Wei Kiong Lew, 30, in the dock of the Dunedin District Court.

The wife of a motorcyclist killed in a collision with a foreign driver told him "you are solely responsible for my child being fatherless and me being a widow".

Singaporean Wei Kiong Lew, 30, cried in the dock as Nicola Chambers read from her Victim Impact Statement in the Dunedin District Court on Friday afternoon.

Lew was driving a rental car when he crossed double yellow lines into the path of six vehicles near Hampden, south of Oamaru, on November 29.

1464932742129.jpg

SUPPLIED/JAMES GUNN
Motorcyclist Craig Alan Chambers died after a southbound car collided with oncoming traffic south of Oamaru.

Motorcyclist Craig Alan Chambers, 39, of Motueka, died at the scene.

READ MORE:
* Tourist drove at 120kmh
* Inattention to blame for crash, police say
* Foreign driver accused of fatal smash pleads not guilty

Chambers had attended the Burt Munro Challenge in Invercargill, and was just 20 minutes away from his stop for the day when the crash happened.

"He was heading home," Nicola Chambers said,

"I wonder what Craig's last thought was at that moment."

Chambers, addressing Lew directly in the dock, told him his driving on the wrong side of the road, his speed, and the choices he made "determined Craig's death".

She had visited the crash scene, and noted the tyre marks indicating how her husband tried to evade Lew's oncoming vehicle.

The crash had impacted on her and her family, especially their 7-year-old daughter who told people her father's killer was in jail.

"Our daughter is feeling so much loss and sadness."

Chambers said she loved her husband, who was a friend, a soul mate, and a wonderful father.

Everything was coming together for the family, but Lew's actions "took that from us".

She missed her husband's snoring, tickle fights with their daughter in bed, and sometimes listened to his voicemail just to hear his voice again.
"We were supposed to grow old together."

Lew, who was supported by two Singaporean colleagues, was deeply affected by the crash, his lawyer Anne Stevens said.

Lew, a senior analyst at the Singapore Energy Market Authority, pleaded guilty in April to aggravated careless use of a motor vehicle causing death, and three counts of aggravated careless causing injury.

The court heard Lew was holidaying in New Zealand with his partner and was driving a rental car when he crossed onto the wrong side of the road.

A series of vehicles swerved to avoid him, but he clipped the wing mirror of a motorcycle and another vehicle.

Four other vehicles were struck, including Chambers' Harley Davidson.

Lew was travelling at 120kmh at the time of the crash and did not brake.

He had no recollection of being on the other side of the road, with his lawyer arguing he may suffer from sleep apnoea.

Lew's partner was airlifted to Dunedin Hospital, and returned to Singapore on December 19 for further treatment of a head injury.

Judge Kevin Phillips said fatigue combined with speed was a lethal combination on New Zealand roads.

"The tragedy unfolded very quickly.

"You fell asleep and and you cannot remember what has occurred."

Judge Phillips sentenced Lew to four months' home detention and 200 hours' community work, disqualified him from driving, and ordered him to pay $27,000 for emotional harm.

gingerlyn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
sam,
he is sentenced to house detention.
are you going to give him shelter and lend him your seatless bike?

Semaj2357

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
sam,
he is sentenced to house detention.
are you going to give him shelter and lend him your seatless bike?
don't think so, as teksi drivers and those that maim and cause death to bikers of any sort, doesn't deserve sam's gracious hospitality - moreso if they live in bedok south :p

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
printLogo.png

Driver that killed motorcyclist sentenced

6:05 PM Friday Jun 3, 2016
LEW_wei_kiong_030616_220x147.jpg

Wei Kiong Lew appears for sentencing in Dunedin yesterday. Photo / Supplied

A Singaporean man was given four months home detention, 200 hours community work, and required to pay reparation of $27,000 after a crash that killed a motorcyclist last year.

The sentence was handed down in the Dunedin District Court late today to Wei Kiong Lew (30).

It followed emotional victim impact statements that left Lew in tears in the dock.

Lew last month admitted charges of aggravated careless driving causing death and injury to a motorcyclist near Oamaru.

The charges followed a crash on State Highway 1, near Waianakarua, about 20km south of Oamaru, about 5pm on November 29 last year.

Motueka motorcyclist Craig Alan Chambers died at the scene.

The court heard Lew fell asleep while driving south to Dunedin, after first driving from Tekapo to Oamaru.

He clipped the wing mirror of a car and a motorcyclist after drifting into the north-bound lane, before crashing into Mr Chambers.

Mr Chambers' wife Nicola Chambers told the court her life, and the life of her seven-year-old daughter had "changed completely''.

In a sometimes breaking voice she said her husband's death had had a "huge impact'' on their physical and mental health.

"He was always making things better - who is going to help me now?'' she asked.

Judge Kevin Phillips told Lew his concern was he must have been aware he was tired, but ignored that.

He gave Lew a 50% sentence discount for an early guilty plea, and community work he had already undertaken voluntarily.

- Otago Daily Times

Copyright ©2016, NZME. Publishing Limited

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Will that sinkie be serving home detention from his home back in Singapore? He can continue to report to work then. Let's see how the kiwis enforce the home detention. Pay the fine and let's move on.

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
Excellent. Only the best lawyers, doctors and psychologists money will do. That is how you make a mitigation plea. Poor Kiwi was probably represented by a green public prosecutor. Come home quickly Lew, your work is piling up.

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
that is the way it is, hypocritical sinkie, after killed someone start to repent by doing charity work. apparently, seem useful to dupe the ang mo for lighter sentence.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
sinkies are to aussies,what ma chis are to sinkies.it is clear that chinks are a clear and present danger to other motorists and pedestrians when given control of a vehicle in foreign and exotic lands.all of a sudden petroleum and spark plugs and fuel injectors and the gas pedals are nothing more than accelerants for their thrist and lust for need for speed.a sbs bus can be turned into a roaring bus from SPEED,zooming down the highway at 80mph and jumping from one end of a half constructed bridge to the other like a flying bus from hell.all inhibitions formally felt in their homeland such as small slanted chinky eyes are forgotten,the chink becomes one with the machine.

it is curious with nearly 1.3 billion chinks in the world,the only stories u ever hear is chinks killing other people,never other people killing chinks.i highly reccommend that chinks are restricted to driving vehicles that do not exceed 60 km/ph,such as vespa scooters,tut tut vehicles and vans that go ding dong ding dong anytime ur speedometer exceeds 70km/h.all chinks have to put on the learners sign to warn others theres a chink onboard,

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
chink bus driver doing 120 in montreal.120km/h of burning metal.

[video=youtube;pXgtc6jH3vM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pXgtc6jH3vM[/video]

Last edited:

gingerlyn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
THIS is the behaviour of 70% sinkies PAP supporters.
they behave like obedient dogs in singapore .
when they are overseas, they are bastards and breaking the laws

ChineseDog

Alfrescian
Loyal
sinkies are to aussies,what ma chis are to sinkies.it is clear that chinks are a clear and present danger to other motorists and pedestrians when given control of a vehicle in foreign and exotic lands.all of a sudden petroleum and spark plugs and fuel injectors and the gas pedals are nothing more than accelerants for their thrist and lust for need for speed.a sbs bus can be turned into a roaring bus from SPEED,zooming down the highway at 80mph and jumping from one end of a half constructed bridge to the other like a flying bus from hell.all inhibitions formally felt in their homeland such as small slanted chinky eyes are forgotten,the chink becomes one with the machine.

it is curious with nearly 1.3 billion chinks in the world,the only stories u ever hear is chinks killing other people,never other people killing chinks.i highly reccommend that chinks are restricted to driving vehicles that do not exceed 60 km/ph,such as vespa scooters,tut tut vehicles and vans that go ding dong ding dong anytime ur speedometer exceeds 70km/h.all chinks have to put on the learners sign to warn others theres a chink onboard,

Good job my fellow Chinese dog we chinks are a danger and should only drive slow vehicles with a loud ding dong noise my tuktuk currently makes that noise what about your vehicle?

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

So chinese dog i am sure you must be driving those vehicles that make those noises or it doesn't apply to you?

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
So chinese dog i am sure you must be driving those vehicles that make those noises or it doesn't apply to you?

its alright,my goal is to become a chinese real estate tycoon,steel mongul,construction billionaire and have someone drive me around.ill make sure my driver is a white aryan race with big azure blue eyes with a BBC english Received Pronounciation Queen elizabeth margaret thatcher english accent.

Last edited:

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
its alright,my goal is to become a chinese real estate tycoon,steel mongul,construction billionaire and have someone drive me around.ill make sure my driver is a white aryan race with big azure blue eyes with a BBC english Received Pronounciation Queen elizabeth margaret thatcher english accent.

so currently you're not driving right? if you drive pls make sure you drive a vehicle like your described.

numero uno

Alfrescian
Loyal
a useless Sinkie.......wanna kill people also kill shitskins or blacks or mooselimps mah..............

that's why I advocate death penalty or at least an eye for an eye. Tis bastard would not learn his lesson. Bet my life this is not the last case of reckless driving involving sinkies in NZ or down under. give another few more months and the scenario repeats itself. real bastard to destroy someone else family forever. Who give a shit about this sinkie being badly affected.only 4 month of home detention??? what a joke. The wife should sue this idiot estate for millions of dollars and make him pay for the rest of his life. real shits drivers you see everyday even in sinkie roads. real bastards.

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
THIS is the behaviour of 70% sinkies PAP supporters.
they behave like obedient dogs in singapore .
when they are overseas, they are bastards and breaking the laws

He fell asleep due to long driving hours. When sinkies hire a car, they want to save on rentsl by driving as far as they to save on daily charges.this is the result.
When on holiday, if not enough money, stay home better.