• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Bertha Henson and the Middle Ground - its future

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have been watching big Bertha over the years and I think she finally hit the jackpot. Her first attempt at capturing the online market was under SPH in a project called "Eyeball" It cost couple of millions and I remember the Board was not pleased with it and it shut down. When she left SPH, she started the "Breakfast' news more a hobby than anything else until Yaacob dropped his laws and ask for $50k guarantee. That put paid to it.

The Middle Ground started off poorly, she even struggled which side of the fence to bat and the layout was poor. The latest layout is really good and a much better copy of Independent SG. The content is also much more. More importantly she had chosen to be more transparent with her writers something the others struggle. I felt that TOC was very popular in its early years when editors and writers revealed themselves. TISG is heading in the right direction with content and reach and the appointment of Ravi P. The Agora inclusion will cover the ground that Viswa had and feed the TISG well. I would like to see Edmund Wee an advisor to TISG on layout etc really try to match and do better. I note that WP has similar layout as TISG presumably with Leon guiding it.

Bertha' big challenge is to be objective. Her networks of contacts are still excellent especially in the porlumpar army. Hopefully her positive karma points outstrip her negative karma points of her past.

Six.Six was never going to go the distance as Kannan Chandran was never into politics or the social movements. He was more into the affluent market segment and his love for sports cars. And it showed. Viswa's approach was very much experimental and it was also very polished and full credit to him. But it required deep pockets. But I suspect it should be back when Viswa has more time as well as sponsors.

gingerlyn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Not sacked. Early retirement partly by the closure of Project eyeball.

My info is different.
Bertha Henson was definitely asked to leave if not sacked.

Also, there was a force to remove Single ladies who were holding high position and this motion was driven by extra force.
Sumiko Tan and ex MP Irene Ng were "forced" or persuaded to get married hurriedly.

Irene Ng complained to her closed friends that she felt cheated of this scheme.
Her MP post was not retained even though she get married out of her will.
Now Irene Tan has to take care of her husband who is suffering from dementia.

as for Bertha Henson, she has to resign and she insists to stay single and be happy.

Last edited:

gingerlyn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
as for Bertha Henson, she is just like a sore pussy and her youth and prime age were robbed by SPH to write propaganda articles for PAP. when she is in her 50s, she was asked to leave and now she is nothing but a piece of overnight saggy fried chicken backside without the support PAP institution.

Last edited:

ynk2252

Alfrescian
Loyal
as for Bertha Henson, she is just like a sore pussy and her youth and prime age were robbed by SPH to write propaganda articles for PAP. when she is in her 50s, she was asked to leave and now she is nothing but a piece of overnight saggy fried chicken backside without the support PAP institution.

All of them had their perks and also know the score so they cannot complain.

rover2sg

Alfrescian
Loyal
My info is different.
Bertha Henson was definitely asked to leave if not sacked.

Also, there was a force to remove Single ladies who were holding high position and this motion was driven by extra force.
Sumiko Tan and ex MP Irene Ng were "forced" or persuaded to get married hurriedly.

Her MP post was not retained even though she get married out of her will.
Now Irene Tan has to take care of her husband who is suffering from dementia.

as for Bertha Henson, she has to resign and she insists to stay single and be happy.

:confused:Who is Irene Tan? Uncle don't understand. You mean single woman cannot stay in SPH?
Irene Tan complained to her closed friends that she felt cheated of this scheme.

gingerlyn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Sumiko Tan / Irene Ng / Bertha Henson all are dry pussy and old milf and ex SPH
Sumiko Tan and Irene Ng were forced to get married to old man and get it done hurriedly.