• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Another reason why daft sinkies are beyond cure.

kryonlight

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
They would rather slog themselves to death than vote out PAP. Pathetic, isn't it?

Singaporeans willing to work longer hours: survey

https://sg.news.yahoo.com/singaporeans-willing-to-work-longer-hours-survey-095339523.html

Most Singaporeans work overtime and many are willing to work even longer hours, according to a survey by recruitment firm Randstad.

Nearly half of Singaporeans, or 47 per cent, were working more than 44 hours per week, exceeding the limit recommended by the Ministry of Manpower, the survey released Monday (31 May) showed. Around 52 per cent of men said they work more than the stipulated 44 hours, compared to 41 per cent of women.

Despite wanting better work-life balance, half of the male respondents noted that they would be willing to work longer hours for equal or more pay, compared to 42 per cent of women.

When asked what motivated the respondents to work more, the top three reasons for them were more pay, career progression and personal development.

Jaya Dass, Country Director of Randstad Singapore, said the survey showed that Singaporeans are willing to sacrifice work-life balance for better pay and career progression.

“This could be representative of the current uncertain economic environment leading to employees wanting to work even harder than before. I expect to see the willingness to work overtime diminish in the longer term with a more bullish global and local economy,” she said.

Among the factors for choosing an employer, salary benefits and good work-life balance were the two most important for the respondents. Around 64 per cent of them said that they prefer some kind of variable work schedule.

The survey involved around 5,000 Singaporean respondents who are professionals from various industries and aged between 18 and 65.

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Haha...my office got one aneh. His next year birthday is April which he will be 65. Worried whether hes eligible to continue working cos July 1st then the retirement age raise to 67. Confirmed this pui an aneh willing to work till he drop dead!

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
people are poor,thats why they are willing to work longer hours.....u will never see this in australia where minimum wage is $20 an hour......personal development my ass,pinoys work hard for better prospects and opportunities,they have leapfrogged from pinoyland to singapore to australia.....only dumbfuk sinkies work for personal development.

Pidta

Alfrescian
Loyal
"They" always tell you Sinkies are very happy, likes the garment, willing to work longer, okay with CPF delay, blah blah blah, BUT... why they never said that there are people out there, YES, out there, beg to diff? Freaking Joke!

greedy and cunning

Alfrescian
Loyal
Despite wanting better work-life balance, half of the male respondents noted that they would be willing
to work longer hours for equal or more pay, compared to 42 per cent of women.

When asked what motivated the respondents to work more, the top three reasons for them were more pay,
career progression and personal development.

:confused:
work ing overtime can lead to personal development meh ?

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
:confused:
work ing overtime can lead to personal development meh ?

Not true. The article was written in PAP-style to detract the real reason. If you read carefully, they said people willing to work overtime and work hard because of uncertain economy. The typical 70% sinkie mentality of kiasi and has nothing to do with "career progression" & "personal development".

melzp

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is a cycle. Govt ensure that u are in debt, work to clear your hdb debt.
Or you may be too free to protest in the street.
Middle-class n below are caught in this Housing.

Look at people like LWL amd others whom I shall not name.
They were given scholarships and returned to serve the bonds.
Achieved those coveted titles and positions.

They hv no debts and do not need to work in a lifetime.

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
... Jaya Dass, Country Director of Randstad Singapore, said the survey showed that Singaporeans are willing to sacrifice work-life balance for better pay and career progression ...
not evry sinkie got luxury 2 spend time writing own toy program nor haf dinner wif family @ hawker centre n q 4 chicken wings ...

sinkies r condemned 2 suffer while oni precious few can njoy wok-life balance ...

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It is a cycle. Govt ensure that u are in debt, work to clear your hdb debt.

They hv no debts and do not need to work in a lifetime.

In debt doesn't mean broke. People who are rich doesn't mean wealthy. It is all in the mind and heart. Most importantly the lifesyle that they chose.

In this capitalist society, I tried not to let rich people, (especiall those attention seeking businessmen with several TV awards from our pro-employer govt), earn too much from me and I have refrain from falling into the trend of owing expensive gadget.

I don't drive, I don't eat in expensive outlet like starbuck, toastbox, crystal jade or any food outlet that employed more than 50% foreign trash. I blacklisted bad service and unproductive companies. I do not own any LCD TV at home and save me the time from reading too much into msm's crappy news.

I learned to cook simple healthy meal at home. I threw away gifts that people buy for me and I don't believe in buying gift for others because I sincerely believed those 70% sinkies are not worth my time.

I don't believe in queing for freebies or certain sought after items like hello kitty, CNY bah kwa or double-yellow moon-cake.

I don't frequent mall unless I need to buy stationery which I can easily get from office for free and still screw the pro-PAP boss. I don't wear or carry branded stuffs to make me looks good because I am already very good looking as compared to many sinkies. I wore my shoes until its sole dropped off before heading to privision shop for a new cheap and hardy pair.

When I am not working, I am usually homely or moved around within my town without needing to gate crash into our over-populated MRT. That army general can screw his bonus and worried about when will be the next major train breakdown. My pastime hobby, as you all knew by now, is to screw PAP for all its bad policies and the 70% willing PAP sex slave. It helps rid the stress off my chest and makes me feel healthy.

Nevertheless, I am a humble opportunist always on a look-out to earn money easily without needing to slog for the rest of my life. I am not talking about buying insurance, investments or some stupid financial products that will put you in debt more than savings. May be, I should join PA/RC, set up a $2 company to milk and screw PAP at my own leisure time

What do you think?

Brightkid

Alfrescian
Loyal
Singaporean core not Singaporean, how would you know Singaporeans are Singaporeans?

Easy.
Either they are Singaporean, or they are not Singaporean. That's 'wise' words from an ex-highly-paid-minister so that must the truth. No 3-way about it.