• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat In this day and age, does anyone update their bank book anymore?

enterprise2

Alfrescian
Loyal
Opened an old drawer and went through my bank book. The last update was more than 5 years ago! But It's because my a/cs were dormant...far from it. I get my monthly updates in the mail and I my internet a/cs and I do access the island wide ATMs.
So do we still need to update our bank book?

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal
thaksin.. he come here regularly to update at POSB ATM then adjourn to Ah Sio Halal Bagus Teh

jw5

Loyal
Opened an old drawer and went through my bank book. The last update was more than 5 years ago! But It's because my a/cs were dormant...far from it. I get my monthly updates in the mail and I my internet a/cs and I do access the island wide ATMs.

When you use the ATMs, don't you see people updating their bank books? :biggrin:

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If you are a foreigner you better update on a regular basis. Some Indonesians didn't do that & they found that their funds went missing.

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I am not as wealthy as Lim Swee Say to keep looking at my bank statement or updating my bank book.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I am not as wealthy as Lim Swee Say to keep looking at my bank statement or updating my bank book.

If you are rich you don't waste time looking at bank statements because you have accountants to do that as well as to help you launder your money.

Pidta

Alfrescian
Loyal
No need, please do not be like the Uncles and Aunties dragging everybodys' time at the ATM's queue, one hand can hold up to 3-4 bank books, WTF!

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
who the fuck in this goddam century still using bankbooks?i have a atm card,a visa debit card,a mastercard debit card,a skrill/moneybookers account,paypal,two online investment accounts and a overseas australian bank account,a bitcoin account for all my gambling online shopping/payment/transfers/businees needs and somebody is still using a goddam passbook?makes me want to stand at the atm/deposit machine and go around shooting people in the head like the nazi gestapo....let me tell u this,the nazis shot people in the head for crimes less than this and reasons more honorable than this!!!u dont like how i pouring the concrete,blam!!!!u dead bitch!!!!who stole the chicken????blam blam blam!!!!!

Last edited:

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
When you use the ATMs, don't you see people updating their bank books? :biggrin:

Overtime I go make deposits at the CDM with passbook facilities, I have always wondered why some people, need to update so many bank books. Then, it dawn on me, that these are for foreign domestic workers or foreigners working here or the PIONEERS, who does not use the banking APPS on their mobile phone.

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
If you are rich you don't waste time looking at bank statements because you have accountants to do that as well as to help you launder your money.

True. And if you are poor, why bother? That $50 or so dollars you can memorize easily!

Ralders

Alfrescian
Loyal
who the fuck in this goddam century still using bankbooks?i have a atm card,a visa debit card,a mastercard debit card,a skrill/moneybookers account,paypal,two online investment accounts and a overseas australian bank account,a bitcoin account for all my gambling online shopping/payment/transfers/businees needs and somebody is still using a goddam passbook?makes me want to stand at the atm/deposit machine and go around shooting people in the head like the nazi gestapo....let me tell u this,the nazis shot people in the head for crimes less than this and reasons more honorable than this!!!u dont like how i pouring the concrete,blam!!!!u dead bitch!!!!who stole the chicken????blam blam blam!!!!!

U got sack by mbs.
No more working?

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
True. And if you are poor, why bother? That $50 or so dollars you can memorize easily!

With interest rates so Low some banks are not even interested in keeping you $50. You are better off keeping your $ in a Milo can.

The people's bank will even charge you if you have less than $500

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
With interest rates so Low some banks are not even interested in keeping you $50. You are better off keeping your $ in a Milo can.

The people's bank will even charge you if you have less than $500

When I have money in my bank account, & flush with it....the interest I get, is so negligible I move them out to somewhere. But when it falls below the $500....the bloody bank charges me , $2 for fees....& something like $20+ for some administrative fess a year....& there were times, I have nothing going through the account....like now..it is -$5 or -$10....they don't even bother nowadays to update you, that your account is in debit...after a few months, you don't bank in any money....THEY AUTOMATICALLY CLOSE THE ACCOUNT.

In this space and age.....we have to revert back to our parents days of keeping our cash in Milo Tins or Jacob's Biscuit Tins.....for, we don't trust the banks anymore & they don't want you to give them work, depositing your money with them...

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
In my years of experiences dealing with people who are rich, they are the type that bothers a lot whether their bank account is properly updated and how much they have in there. They derived joy from looking at their over-loaded bank amount. For those who are poor, it hardly matter to them. They avoid checking for fear of being reminded how poor and broke they were. Thus, even when the bank deduct certain fees from their account, they were clueless such transaction took place. My 2cts of opinion and observation.

enterprise2

Alfrescian
Loyal
In my years of experiences dealing with people who are rich, they are the type that bothers a lot whether their bank account is properly updated and how much they have in there. They derived joy from looking at their over-loaded bank amount. For those who are poor, it hardly matter to them. They avoid checking for fear of being reminded how poor and broke they were. Thus, even when the bank deduct certain fees from their account, they were clueless such transaction took place. My 2cts of opinion and observation.
U refering to a certain toothpick robbing Ministar??