• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Chen challenges Low for WP's Leadership - A surprise?

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
WDR sir!...back to history; when JBJ was the WP sole flag bearer in parliament; he was giving the white shirts-white pants sleepless night after night...till the old man and the lau goat had to bankrupt him in order to silence and fix him up. WP now has 6 + 1 in parliament !!!!!...and not even equal 1/2 of JBJ....really SMH!

Jbj went in and any how whack...in the in made old fart more dulan..n Wat happen? Anson got taken away...depriving singkies of 1 less opposition member. How come LTK can stay so long? Cause he picks his fight carefully. However since 2011 he got quiet...guess the town council thing got him down...i expect wp to perform better. But at this stage they r the only alternative. Its up to them to perform better. But no matter how well they do. I doubt they can win...singkies love pap too much.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
WDR sir!...back to history; when JBJ was the WP sole flag bearer in parliament; he was giving the white shirts-white pants sleepless night after night...till the old man and the lau goat had to bankrupt him in order to silence and fix him up. WP now has 6 + 1 in parliament !!!!!...and not even equal 1/2 of JBJ....really SMH!

JBJ's impact in parliament is overrated. He's only one guy. Nobody gives a shit about him.

In contrast, PAP gave JBJ sleepless nights and made him worry nonstop about raising money to settle his defamation suits.

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
J. Its up to them to perform better. But no matter how well they do. I doubt they can win...singkies love pap too much.

WP has performed better but never get fair airing of good news from msm. The chinese gangster main stream reporters are trained to go after oppposition's blood. Thus sinkies fell into the news to believe it was true gosbel. Stat boards took the cake by being partisan, beginning with PA, HDB and NEA to say the least. Kangaroo court were seen tempted to play along the partisan line when MND tried to sue WP. Luckily, Silvia Lim and LTK are not easily bullied into submission. Unfortunately, the chinese gangster reporters in SPH were having its field days too, painting WP as crook as possibble.

Whatever changes that LTK plan in his head was probably due to the last GE results. It seems oppositions all fell flat on their faces. Chiam's party was not spared too. LTK see Chiam has no successor plan, and his party will dissappear without a leader. WP knows what they were doing, for the sake of sinkies. Bravo to LTK!

rotiprata

Alfrescian
Loyal
JBJ's impact in parliament is overrated. He's only one guy. Nobody gives a shit about him. In contrast, PAP gave JBJ sleepless nights and made him worry nonstop about raising money to settle his defamation suits.

but your ah gong was so frightened that he had to retort his lawyers and courts... WTF!!

rotiprata

Alfrescian
Loyal
Jbj went in and any how whack...in the in made old fart more dulan..n Wat happen? Anson got taken away...depriving singkies of 1 less opposition member. How come LTK can stay so long? Cause he picks his fight
carefully. However since 2011 he got quiet...guess the town council thing got him down...i expect wp to perform better. But at this stage they r the only alternative. Its up to them to perform better. But no matter how well they do. I doubt they can win...singkies love pap too much.

what fights did LTK picked and fought in the past 5 Y?.....
there're so many issues which affect laymen like us.. and yet all the WP behaved like mice...
1/ HTF a $1 company can be resolved in so many town councils estate????
2/ WTF is wrong with our train system?? despite the transport ministry being among the largest recipient of the state budget
3/ oil prices are at a 20 y record low... YTF our pumps prices are still so high.....

WTF is LTK and his team doing in parliament??? besides collecting $16k a month

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
I credit LTK for being a wily fox. His strategy is different and it is showing results with a minor setback with Punggol East. Nobody expected them to capture a GRC but they did. Some of us can appreciate how he is going about doing it. Every seat denied to the PAP is a body blow. He must be doing something right as he is drawing well qualified individuals into the party. The impact of WP has forced the PAP to start listening again.

The other point to note is Low leaving Hougang to stand in Aljunied. It is very rare show of courage by a political party leader to leave his strong hold. Old man never risked leaving Tanjong Pagar and neither is his son where AMK is concerned. On this a alone, he scores very highly and certainly better than anyone in PAP.

Why don't you read the Hansard and you will be surprised how the media has downplayed their efforts in parliament. They also have been targeted by the PAP on the town council matter. No other country expects their MPs to run town councils. It was a ploy to burden the opposition.

Anyway, there is no need to rely on WP or LTK. Anyone qualified can stand against the PAP and if their strategy works I am sure the voters will welcome them. There is nothing stopping them for standing against Low as well. Notice that WP is focusing on the East. The rest of country is wide open.

there're so many issues which affect laymen like us.. and yet all the WP behaved like mice...
2/ WTF is wrong with our train system?? despite the transport ministry being among the largest recipient of the state budget
3/ oil prices are at a 20 y record low... YTF our pumps prices are still so high.....

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

If these issues r big deal to singkies...y pap got 70% support?

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal

Got what. Remember last parleement Jello Giam floated possibility of nationizing mrt to solve breakdown. Tricksy WP. :rolleyes: That would mean PAP government responsiber for train breakdowns. Luckly it was shot down. It is a service provider issue, easely solved with more moneys. No problem. So opposition do plays a part. Dun forget.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
That seems to be the issue - the dependency on the local press to tell you what they think you need to know. I guess only a minority actually flush out what is happening in parliament. The nationalisation of MRT is also favoured by some in the PAP and the Government.

Got what. Remember last parleement Jello Giam floated possibility of nationizing mrt to solve breakdown. Tricksy WP. :rolleyes: That would mean PAP government responsiber for train breakdowns. Luckly it was shot down. It is a service provider issue, easely solved with more moneys. No problem. So opposition do plays a part. Dun forget.

melzp

Alfrescian
Loyal
WP do not deserve my vote. Being called mice by PAP is indeed insulting.
Did WP refute and fight back? No. It became smaller cowardly mouse. Not ants.

And they got the cheek to tell voters, "get us in Parliament in numbers".

CSM is in WP for all his selfishly wrong reasons.

tryharder

Alfrescian
Loyal
"what fights did LTK picked and fought in the past 5 Y?.....
there're so many issues which affect laymen like us.. and yet all the WP behaved like mice..."

Agree!!! I felt the wasted opportunities. Parliament raises a topic, WP will then respond negatively all the time - simply opposing for the sake of opposing. It is disappointing that WP cannot raise the many issues around us on their own. CSM as the intellect in the team, together with SL, are highly able to raise WP to a new level. LTK is just doing all he can to retain the seat to save his own face. For the sake of Singapore and WP, he should seriously consider leadership renewal rather than wait for the day for himself to be voted out. CSM was so close. But tough for LTK to do so. The money is good. If he continued to be the contractor that he was, he may not have been able to earn what he is earning today.

The next scene is to see whether CSM will be forced out of the party as someone predicted. That will prove the point of power hogging by LTK.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
CSM has his own credibility issue. He has not engaged anyone let alone the PAP. And he is a full time MP. Maybe his strength is in the backroom. I think manny are surprised how quiet CSM. Even during the Town Council matter where he has a stake, Low, Ong, Pritam with Sylvia being mainstay has to fend the attacks by the PAP. CSM never featured in any of this. Even newbies Daniel Goh and Leon are more prominent.

"what fights did LTK picked and fought in the past 5 Y?.....
there're so many issues which affect laymen like us.. and yet all the WP behaved like mice..."

Agree!!! I felt the wasted opportunities. Parliament raises a topic, WP will then respond negatively all the time - simply opposing for the sake of opposing. It is disappointing that WP cannot raise the many issues around us on their own. CSM as the intellect in the team, together with SL, are highly able to raise WP to a new level. LTK is just doing all he can to retain the seat to save his own face. For the sake of Singapore and WP, he should seriously consider leadership renewal rather than wait for the day for himself to be voted out. CSM was so close. But tough for LTK to do so. The money is good. If he continued to be the contractor that he was, he may not have been able to earn what he is earning today.

The next scene is to see whether CSM will be forced out of the party as someone predicted. That will prove the point of power hogging by LTK.

rotiprata

Alfrescian
Loyal
CSM is well aware he's too old for power tussle and stuff within the party; my guess is that it's the newer and younger party members who are not so aligned to LTK style of leadership.

These 3Gs are educated, well travelled, well informed, more exposed to the western form of political debate

melzp

Alfrescian
Loyal
As I hv said, CSM simply hv no political blood and gnash. He is in WP for
the sake of his young children education and upbringing here.

By his past contribution to WP, he is reapected only as a wheeler-dealer.
He had made enough $$.

I wouldn't want an MP who had secret agenda of his own.

bigboss

Alfrescian
Loyal
Unfortunately, our PM LHL is no fighter. He is wearing the shadow of his father to scare the team but I doubt he has the same respect that his father gained. I fear, this country is no longer run by him, but several corrupted hidden hands doing the work to run this country

LHL is basically a weak and ineffective leader. He has no balls to whack the criminals and the foreign scumbags who run wild and free in the island like beasts. Even the people in USA now realise that they need a strong leader like Trump to kick ass. Similarly, the people in Pinoyland voted Durte to the presidency because this pinoy head proved he had been kicking ass in his home town.

As for LHL, he will remain as SG of pappies until there are cadres with balls to remove him and the LKY era.

bigboss

Alfrescian
Loyal
....it's the WP who had screwed up..

No, the WP did not screw up ... the screw up is due to the large number of imported foreign shits who voted for pappies. Why should any imported shit vote for WP? No reason at all. Why should a foreign imported shit vote for pappies? Plenty of reasons and especially pappies is their God which gives them a good life, a job and education in the island which they could not find in their birth land. Not a bad trade off to either side ... you give me shits, I give you vote.

Ultimately, sinapo will become a country where it is populated by foreign imported shits who have no love for the island except for their own self interest. Without nationalism, sinapo is doomed.

Last edited:

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
If WP is meek and ineffectual as some claim, why are they attracting increasing number of talented individuals? Many of whom are very well established in their careers. Surely WP must be doing something right.

bigboss

Alfrescian
Loyal
As I hv said, CSM simply hv no political blood and gnash. He is in WP for
the sake of his young children education and upbringing here.

By his past contribution to WP, he is reapected only as a wheeler-dealer.
He had made enough $$.

I wouldn't want an MP who had secret agenda of his own.

CSM is not a native of the island; he was born in Taiwan. Basically, he is another imported foreign shit. He can always skip back to Taiwan if he wants to. If he could gain control of WP, he might not steer the WP to challenge the pappies head on on issues affecting the sinkies. He could just sail along with the political tide, just like what Chiam See Tong had done.

LTK is different. He is a son of the soil. What he wants for sinkieks is the same that he wants for his children.