• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Don't kpkb over your ittle misery

mmngck

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://www.tnp.sg/findinghope/

Jane’s smile hides her mother’s fear.
“My daughter is a ticking time bomb, there’s really no way of telling what will happen tomorrow,” says 55-year-old Madam Grace Chin.
The matter-of-fact statement is a tell to her stoicism. Her fingertips trace across her daughter’s forehead to put her fringe back in place — done with an unselfconscious ease only a mother can have.
The first thing that grabs your attention about Madam Chin is her eyes — they have a strong, steely gaze yet every so often a glisten of hope comes through.
A plaintive hope that comes from caring for someone with a terminal disease.

It was not always this way. Jane used to be fit and healthy.
She enjoyed cooking, travelling and going out with her friends for most of her teens.
That changed when she was diagnosed at 17.
Jane suffers from severe muscle dystrophy and is wheelchair-bound.
Her condition means that she does not talk much. One of her doctors even dubbed her the "silent fighter".
The degenerative nature of her illness has led to the progressive deterioration of her body, affecting her kidneys, lungs and heart.
She experiences splitting headaches, vomiting, loss of appetite, seizures and strokes on a regular basis.
For her mother, Jane's condition is heartbreaking.

“I was in denial. I couldn’t accept the fact that this could happen to my daughter,” says Madam Chin.
Why me? Why my child?
Madam Chin says Jane was healthy and active in her adolescence. There was no indication that anything was amiss.
However, early signs of trouble showed in 2004 when Jane abruptly lost her hearing. She was 15 and in Secondary 3.
Despite this, she was able to overcome her disability and sat for her O-level examinations the following year.
Her results secured her a place to study Applied Food Sciences and Nutrition at Temasek Polytechnic.
During a mandatory pre-enrolment health screening by the polytechnic, she was alerted to abnormal amounts of protein in her urine.
A series of tests followed, revealing a prognosis of suspected kidney failure.
Then a muscle biopsy confirmed the presence of MELAS.
From that point, the family’s life was turned on its head.
The unpredictable nature of her daughter’s illness means that Madam Chin can never let her guard down.
I think what’s more painful than seeing her in this condition is not knowing when things will take a turn for the worst.
Apart from being a full-time housewife and caregiver, Madam Chin is also her daughter’s closest friend and treasured confidant.
From accompanying her daughter to weekly dialysis sessions and doctor’s appointments to administering hourly medication and keeping vigil by her bedside at night, Madam Chin tirelessly ensures all her daughter’s needs are met.
Whether it’s watching the latest Korean dramas or trying out new recipes together at home, mother and daughter share an inseparable bond.

Of the many things that Jane misses, she misses the company of friends most of all.
The MELAS has made every word a struggle for Jane to pronounce, each one taking a whole breath to enunciate.
“In the past, my close friends and classmates would come visit me whenever they could,” she says before pausing to regain her strength.
“But everyone is so caught up with life these days and most of them are working or married, so I hardly see them.”
The self-confessed travel fanatic says her condition prevents her from doing things most of us take for granted.
Some days, it can be a little tough when I see friends living their lives travelling and shopping while I’m bound by a wheelchair.
A playful smile emerges, similar to the one usually enjoyed by her mother.
“But,” she says, “life goes on”.

mmngck

Alfrescian
Loyal
“It started with a ringing sound in my head. I thought I was going crazy,” he explains in a voice softer than his frame would suggest.
In November 2014, at age 21 and barely a few months into his National Service, he began experiencing an incessant ringing in his ears and regular bouts of migraines.
The increasing intensity of his symptoms alarmed him.
In December, he went to Khoo Teck Phuat Hospital and was given painkillers.
By the seventh visit, he was experiencing anxiety attacks, double vision and blood in his stool.
In January last year, after a complete loss of hearing in his left ear, he went to Singapore General Hospital.
He was warded immediately and put through a series of full-body and brain scans to detect anomalies and tumours.
The results were life-changing.

WATCH: Khairul was diagnosed with cancer at the age of 22.
“They found two mushroom-like lumps in my large intestine and a tumour in the brain – almost immediately they knew it was colon cancer,” he says, his speech cautiously slow and his words drawn out due to his hearing difficulties.
His first response? Denial.
I didn’t want to believe it. I’d barely lived half of my life.
"So why me?"
What Khairul did not know at the time was how bad his cancer was. He had lost his hearing in both ears. His mother, Mrs Sanisah Sanwan, could not bring herself to tell Khairul the full diagnosis. Stage 4, for many, is the point of no return.
She settled on an “out-of-sight, out-of-mind” approach for her son’s sake. By choosing to keep it a secret, she hoped to keep his morale high.
That decision proved to be a masterstroke.

WATCH: Khairul's mother, Mrs Sanisah Sanwan, on her son and his cancer.
“Not knowing what stage helped because I was feeling fine when I was told I had Stage 4 cancer.
“I told myself that if I could survive this far, I could do anything.”
“This might sound impossible to believe. I didn’t know what stage I was in until a friend accidentally leaked it to me,” explains Khairul.
A positive thing that has emerged from his personal tragedy is discovering a dedicated circle of friends, eager to help and determined to see him beat his disease.
Being able to lip-read helped and he used to write on his mobile phone whenever he had to communicate. His strong presence on social media allowed him to find courage from messages and posts that he received on an almost daily basis.
But it got lonely.
“This illness has showed me the best and worst in people,” he rues.
I’ve had friends I’ve known for years who have avoided me because of my illness.
Some, he says, even accused him of attention seeking.
“Bonds are so important, yet so unpredictable.”

mmngck

Alfrescian
Loyal
You little misery is peanut compare to us.

the world didn owe you anything, the life also.

stop kpkb and complaining and blame for it.

you want to blame, blame for your karma.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
You little misery is peanut compare to us.

the world didn owe you anything, the life also.

stop kpkb and complaining and blame for it.

you want to blame, blame for your karma.

Tell that to yourself and your fellow mudlander dogs. Your little misery is peanut compare to us. Msia don't owe you anything, sinkies also. Stop kpkb and complaining and blame for it. You want to blame, blame your karma. AND stop thinking you are entitled to trample others and then asked people to move on.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
It's amazing how mudlander dog and snake want to cover up their crimes by making use of cancer cases. Who don't die one day? You think by saying there are more sick people dying means you are absolved from your slandering crimes? Pui!

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
It's amazing how mudlander dog and snake want to cover up their crimes by making use of cancer cases. Who don't die one day? You think by saying there are more sick people dying means you are absolved from your slandering crimes? Pui!

More amazing to use karma to absolve themselves from their crime. Excuse me? What wrong did I do to mudlander dog or any sinkies? Please don't tell me telling off lazy staff - nicely - is also a wrong I did. I didn't even shout at you lazy staff.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
So being slandered prostitute, Cecilia etc - when you are not and never one - are considered little misery to mudlander dogs. You believe them? See how selfish conceited and arrogant hypocrites theses bastards are?

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Going by these mudlander bastard logic, everyone will die one day so it doesn't matter to be murdered. Just a little misery to die earlier that's all. See how warped their logic is? No wonder these people got no moral standards and go round telling lies of colleagues on internet (and office too) and their govt got to put adverts on radio telling them it's not okay to tell lies.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Who else but Sinkie? The mudlander who condemned people wearing hatred like a badge of honour only because he is a low life who wore it under wraps and hit people below the belt.

Sinkie you think you got away scotfree? Heaven is watching you. Very soon you will be real sick and no need to pretend to be sick as MovieStar.