• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat 50% of New Condo Project In Toa Payoh Sold! Where Got Recession!!

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
ST_20160528_XGEM_2324496.jpg

Around 50 per cent of new condo Gem Residences was sold in a day, ahead of its public launch today.

Such a successful sales result has not been seen in over a year, but experts noted that this likely reflected the appeal of this particular project.

"It's in Toa Payoh, where a launch hasn't taken place for some time. Toa Payoh is a very established, mature Housing Board estate and there is strong demand for new projects there," said Mr Eugene Lim, ERA Realty key executive officer. "The attractive pricing also played a part."

At the VIP launch yesterday, queues started forming early in the morning and, by 6pm, about 300 of the 578 units had been sold at an average of $1,426 per sq ft (psf).

Prices are from $578,000 for the smallest one-bedder of 452 sq ft. About 47 per cent of units are priced below $1 million and 73 per cent of units are priced below $1.4 million.

Mr Vincent Ong, managing partner of Evia Real Estate - joint developer together with Gamuda and Maxdin - said he was pleased with the response. Given the roughly 2,500 expressions of interest received so far, more sales should come through today, he added.

Prices at the project are lower than the over $1,600 psf for new Alexandra projects and over $1,500 psf for Bishan ones, said Mr Ong. "Today's market is a bit risky with Additional Buyers' Stamp Duty for developers and Qualifying Certificate issues. Some developers may wish to go for maximum margin, but it's a lot safer to price judiciously."

While one- and two-bedroom units were very popular, there was good interest as well for the larger units, with one of two penthouse units sold, the developers said.

Prospective buyers were offered cash rebates of $7,500 to $10,000 during the VIP launch. The offer will be extended until tomorrow .

Interior designer Eugene Wu, 26, who bought a two-bedroom unit for $980,000, said the location was very convenient and the price was good. He had been looking for his first home for over a year.

Mr Lim of ERA Realty, which is jointly marketing the project with PropNex Realty, said: "From the sales performance, we can tell that buyers reserve their ammunition for something that would give them good value for money - in this case, the developer has put many features into the project and effort into marketing."

Another launch this weekend is Stars of Kovan by Cheung Kong Property. It sold about 60 of a total of 395 residential units at the VIP pre-sale last weekend.

http://www.straitstimes.com/business/property/50-of-gem-residences-sold-in-a-day

lifeafter41

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Around 50 per cent of new condo Gem Residences was sold in a day, ahead of its public launch today.

Such a successful sales result has not been seen in over a year, but experts noted that this likely reflected the appeal of this particular project.

"It's in Toa Payoh, where a launch hasn't taken place for some time. Toa Payoh is a very established, mature Housing Board estate and there is strong demand for new projects there," said Mr Eugene Lim, ERA Realty key executive officer. "The attractive pricing also played a part."

At the VIP launch yesterday, queues started forming early in the morning and, by 6pm, about 300 of the 578 units had been sold at an average of $1,426 per sq ft (psf).

Prices are from $578,000 for the smallest one-bedder of 452 sq ft. About 47 per cent of units are priced below $1 million and 73 per cent of units are priced below $1.4 million.

Mr Vincent Ong, managing partner of Evia Real Estate - joint developer together with Gamuda and Maxdin - said he was pleased with the response. Given the roughly 2,500 expressions of interest received so far, more sales should come through today, he added.

Prices at the project are lower than the over $1,600 psf for new Alexandra projects and over $1,500 psf for Bishan ones, said Mr Ong. "Today's market is a bit risky with Additional Buyers' Stamp Duty for developers and Qualifying Certificate issues. Some developers may wish to go for maximum margin, but it's a lot safer to price judiciously."

While one- and two-bedroom units were very popular, there was good interest as well for the larger units, with one of two penthouse units sold, the developers said.

Prospective buyers were offered cash rebates of $7,500 to $10,000 during the VIP launch. The offer will be extended until tomorrow .

Interior designer Eugene Wu, 26, who bought a two-bedroom unit for $980,000, said the location was very convenient and the price was good. He had been looking for his first home for over a year.

Mr Lim of ERA Realty, which is jointly marketing the project with PropNex Realty, said: "From the sales performance, we can tell that buyers reserve their ammunition for something that would give them good value for money - in this case, the developer has put many features into the project and effort into marketing."

Another launch this weekend is Stars of Kovan by Cheung Kong Property. It sold about 60 of a total of 395 residential units at the VIP pre-sale last weekend.

http://www.straitstimes.com/business/property/50-of-gem-residences-sold-in-a-day

Think I am in the wrong line, should have been an interior designer, at 26 years old can afford to buy a 2 bedroom condo for almost 1million, don't know about the rest of the forumers here, really have fallen behind time Liao....... Sianzzzzzz.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
my nephew has been applying relentlessly in 3 locations and not getting success. demand outstrips supply. i'm contented just sharing a room in bedok as bedok is becumming a happening town, especially bedok south.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Some of my friends working in the property sector have told me about new condos appearing in WP's Hougang territory. Those new condos will alter the demographics of the opposition stronghold, and within a few years, Hougang SMC will finally return back to PAP just like Potong Pasir. The demographics of Potong Pasir also changed with the launch of several condo projects in the ward.

With Singapore full of condos, there would be more voters who would vote rationally instead of giving protest votes to opposition over trivial affairs.

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The constant harping of recession is to try and depress worker's wages. I have never in my entire life believe in such crap called recession or downturn. People are still playing golf, send their pets for massage, whole family seen queuing at starbucks and cafe on weekend, lands are sold and condos are being built. Travel booked in advance this coming holiday and what did I miss?

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Think I am in the wrong line, should have been an interior designer, at 26 years old can afford to buy a 2 bedroom condo for almost 1million, don't know about the rest of the forumers here, really have fallen behind time Liao....... Sianzzzzzz.

Lucky this 26 year old is a man, if not mudlander dogs will slander him to be a prostitute to be able to afford to buy condo. And fucking stupid useless sinkies will of course joint force with mudlander dogs to step on him.

Alamakinky

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I know a clown who lives near Bedok South....he is the reason why the property prices there remain low.

my nephew has been applying relentlessly in 3 locations and not getting success. demand outstrips supply. i'm contented just sharing a room in bedok as bedok is becumming a happening town, especially bedok south.

garlic

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
My God! $1400++ psf is considered attractive pricing... really fallen behind times liao..

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The constant harping of recession is to try and depress worker's wages. I have never in my entire life believe in such crap called recession or downturn. People are still playing golf, send their pets for massage, whole family seen queuing at starbucks and cafe on weekend, lands are sold and condos are being built. Travel booked in advance this coming holiday and what did I miss?

I think there is plenty of spin by the media to convince the public that all is well in Spore.
However if you look at the empty malls you will get a more accurate picture of the state of the Spore economy.

There is a good reason the PAP held early elections & we are just starting to see why. Companies are laying off staff & leaving Spore.

You can of course ignore the signs but I think Spore is in for a bad time.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I think there is plenty of spin by the media to convince the public that all is well in Spore.
However if you look at the empty malls you will get a more accurate picture of the state of the Spore economy.

There is a good reason the PAP held early elections & we are just starting to see why. Companies are laying off staff & leaving Spore.

You can of course ignore the signs but I think Spore is in for a bad time.

I doubt so. The empty malls are in Orchard Road and the central areas, not in the suburban malls. Malls like Jurong Point, Nex, Tampines Mall are doing very well. Condos and cars cost a lot of money in Singapore, yet demand for these heavy expenditure items remain very strong.

While some loser sinkies have been retrenched, most sinkies are doing well and will survive the small downturn as we always have.

bhoven

Alfrescian
Loyal

It has all to do with slick marketing such as doorstep medical services, bicycle rental kiosks etc....what many fail to realise is that these will eventually be reflected in more costly maintenence and service fees. (sigh )

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
It has all to do with slick marketing such as doorstep medical services, bicycle rental kiosks etc....what many fail to realise is that these will eventually be reflected in more costly maintenence and service fees. (sigh )

Would the condo be providing massage service? Some of my male friends told me over lunch that they have been visiting massage parlours in the evenings because work has lately been stressful. It would be nice if there is a massage parlour in the condo.