• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Massive Wayang Coming After Death of 3 Construction Serfs Within A Week!

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
labourers-work-at-the.jpg

SINGAPORE: Urgent actions are being taken to improve workplace safety, following the deaths of three construction workers in a span of less than a week in May.

The three workers died in workplace accidents between May 19 and 24, according to a press release issued on Saturday (May 28) by the Ministry of Manpower (MOM) together with the Singapore Contractors Association, Singapore Institution of Safety Officers and Workplace Safety and Health (WSH) Council.

Their deaths bring the total number of deaths in the construction sector to 15, up from eight in the same period last year.

“These accidents could have been prevented if more robust WSH systems are in place and safety procedures are followed,” the agencies said in the press release.

Besides stepped up inspections and stiffer penalties, the agencies will intensify outreach and education efforts, strengthen safety training for workers and enhance WSH support to companies.

Outreach efforts include the launch of the Construction Safety Promotion Month in June by the Singapore Contractors Association. As part of the campaign, CEOs of the association’s member companies will personally conduct site safety awareness activities at worksites under their charge.

The Singapore Institution of Safety Officers will work with MOM to communicate the learning points from fatal accidents. WSH officers can then incorporate and share these learning points with their workers, the press release said.

Construction workers will also get a set of safety training materials, which will be more user-friendly and include illustrations of safety practices, by the third quarter of this year.

Mr Sam Tan, Minister of State in the Prime Minister’s Office and Ministry of Manpower said: “We must all embrace the belief that every worker has the right to go home unharmed every day, and that all harm is preventable. MOM has and will continue to take steps to improve WSH but we cannot do this alone. We need the support from employers, industry associations and workers to prevent the next workplace fatality.”

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/mom-agencies-move-to/2824532.html?cid=FBcna

HTOLAS

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It's 'play-acting' you're thinking of, sir. They're after all the Play Acting Partyzi (PAPzi).

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal
this is one profitable way to contribute more human organs for our medical tourism

enterprise2

Alfrescian
Loyal
I'm for more Opp but I'm puzzled why we r blaming the garment for this. If anything they r the ones that r trying to stop this so surge of accidents which r caused by lapse and bo Chiap employers and workers!

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
it's really tough to work in construction in sg's hot and humid climate. these workers deserve the best in terms of safety and supervision from contractors and employers. they help build the backbone of sg. sinkies owe them a ton of gratitude. the pap is right in encouraging and enforcing compliance. their existence depends on these (foreign) workers.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I'm for more Opp but I'm puzzled why we r blaming the garment for this. If anything they r the ones that r trying to stop this so surge of accidents which r caused by lapse and bo Chiap employers and workers!

Increased safety measures simply means higher business costs for the construction companies, and it may lead to higher condo prices for us. I am planning to buy another condo a few years down the road and certainly don't appreciate having to pay more simply because bosses are worried about their construction workers getting killed or maimed. There's millions more where they came from.

enterprise2

Alfrescian
Loyal
Increased safety measures simply means higher business costs for the construction companies, and it may lead to higher condo prices for us. I am planning to buy another condo a few years down the road and certainly don't appreciate having to pay more simply because bosses are worried about their construction workers getting killed or maimed. There's millions more where they came from.

Yawn!! Yeah, rite!!

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
deaths at worksite may jinx the project and location and add cost and time to the bottom line due to delays, investigations, retraining and compensation. every project that i know of that completes on or ahead of schedule and with zero deaths or injuries is rewarded with a much lower cost and better margins due to reputation, desirability and time-to-market factors. any project with deaths especially has the potential to lose wealthy customers' interest and desire for the "perfect" and "clean" location.

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
In Singapore where foreign workers paid big money to government or agent to work in construction are more diligent and careful of safety. They come here to work becos they need the money whereas in angmoh countries these angmoh monkies purposely hurt themselves at construction site to claim workplace injuries so the can go on dole and claim injury.

do you see angmohs work in Singapore construction sites?

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal
. I am planning to buy another condo a few years down the road and certainly don't appreciate having to pay more .

Ya you r so farking right. I also planning
Planning to crowdfund to build condo for el cheapo like you. It will b based on ikea model. You get to build your owm house from stock cement n sand we provide. Take it as community fun day as you take leave to bask in the sun as if it was bali island. You can b naked or not. No one case except when you fall down them everybody will care but dont worry. We will move your corpse to cck where it is desolated then let them hotas it. It will still b in one piece so you will reborn with yr organs. Except if the monty python bite n chew the cock. That part i still figuring for you. Hope you ok if you return as true eunuch