• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat SIA & what some people REALYY think of their service

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Lol! Tony, cool down. I've had far worse experience (ground staff), much like the Sao Paolo incident. You have to look at it in totality connectivity,punctuality, reliability of service, safety and the cabin service as scroobal pointed out are just as important. Having said that, I admit the standards have fallen quite a bit.

I use Qatar and Emirates to commute between cities and my verdict is they are well above par. In all competitive industry, it's easy to get to the top but it's harder to stay there.

I've had many positive experiences with Emirates. I was late & missed my flight & they simply booked me on a flight the next day, all done without any hassle or extra charges. On another occassion they upgraded me to business when the economy section was full. They were punctual & professional.

I really appreciated what they did for me and that is why I recommend them.
On the other hand I've had nothing but bad experiences with SIA & not just the pinkerton syndrome. The problem with SIA is not only with their cabin crew but extends to the ground crew e.g. ticketing personnel.

As a business flyer you also get fewer mileage points with SIA. You get more mileage points flying other airlines.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I've had many positive experiences with Emirates. I was late & missed my flight & they simply booked me on a flight the next day, all done without any hassle or extra charges. On another occassion they upgraded me to business when the economy section was full. They were punctual & professional.

I really appreciated what they did for me and that is why I recommend them.
On the other hand I've had nothing but bad experiences with SIA & not just the pinkerton syndrome. The problem with SIA is not only with their cabin crew but extends to the ground crew e.g. ticketing personnel.

As a business flyer you also get fewer mileage points with SIA. You get more mileage points flying other airlines.

absolutely agree and i am with you on this. i used to fly MAS but not since their missing plane. emirates is a great choice.

PretenderSam

Alfrescian
Loyal
First of all, did you ask what is the experience that people encounter from SIA?

For my experience , I ask for newspaper and it was thrown in front of me rather than place it politely. So is that too much to ask for a newspaper? That is the act of throwing the papers at me that made me never to travel on SIA ever.. Plus with the discovery that it is just like a grc.. It make it to my permanent ban list.

if you shouted for the newspaper , it would be handed to you politely. :biggrin::biggrin:

PretenderSam

Alfrescian
Loyal
I still think SIA is the bestest. Long long time ago an old couple was on holiday in England and the wife needed urgent
medical treatment.
Being ignored by the british , the husband requested SIA to fly a hospital there to bring them home asap.
SIA performed the task without any delay.
This shows SIA customer service is top notch.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is what I mean by paying premium prices. Sporeans are paying higher prices than foreigners.

When I was still studying overseas & wanted to fly SIA to return to Spore I had to pay the travel agent cash up front before SIA would issue the tix. It is actually better to take Air Canada because they don't make a fuss over charging extra when your luggage exceeds the baggage allowance.

If you take SIA then you will know that they are quick to charge you for exceeding your allowance, even if you are flying business.

I can overlook this problem if it weren't for the other problems like the Pinkerton syndrome. This is our national airline & the fact that there is blatant Pinkerton means that the management of SIA is encouraging it:eek:

Is it normal for airline to charge their own country people such premium prices ? Why should Sporeans pay higher than foreigners taking SIA?

So far service wise I have no complaints of SIA air hostesses but that's becos I also hardly asked for any service from them and never have luggage overweight. But I like their internet check in service, no need to queue for check in at airport.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Lol! Tony, cool down. I've had far worse experience (ground staff), much like the Sao Paolo incident. You have to look at it in totality connectivity,punctuality, reliability of service, safety and the cabin service as scroobal pointed out are just as important. Having said that, I admit the standards have fallen quite a bit.

I use Qatar and Emirates to commute between cities and my verdict is they are well above par. In all competitive industry, it's easy to get to the top but it's harder to stay there.

I think standard has fallen quite a bit indeed. I took it in April after not taking for few years, and can hear the air hostesses chatting noisily with their friends - who were passengers - although the curtain had been put down.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Is it normal for airline to charge their own country people such premium prices ? Why should Sporeans pay higher than foreigners taking SIA?

So far service wise I have no complaints of SIA air hostesses but that's becos I also hardly asked for any service from them and never have luggage overweight. But I like their internet check in service, no need to queue for check in at airport.

GLCs have problems existing outside Spore where they do not have a monopoly. SIA's behaviour is typical of a GLC, overcharging Sporeans.
I'm surprised that Sporeans are willing to pay extra for the privilege of supporting SIA. Probably the same 70% who voted for the PAP.

I'm the same, I don't bother the cabin crew with requests. However when I do make a request it is not trivial & don't expect to be ignored or given excuses.
I also have eyes & have seen the behaviour of the crew & ground staff :(

It has been easy to switch to other carriers because I don't insist on flying with the best airline:smile:
I'm happy with any airline which treats me fairly,

FYI, airlines like Jet Star has internet check-in. Also if you print the receipt that Jet Star emails you, you can use it to get your tix at the airport from one of their self-serving terminals. They even have people there to help you with self-checkins.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I still think SIA is the bestest. Long long time ago an old couple was on holiday in England and the wife needed urgent
medical treatment.
Being ignored by the british , the husband requested SIA to fly a hospital there to bring them home asap.
SIA performed the task without any delay.
This shows SIA customer service is top notch.

I wonder how much it cost SIA to help this "poor" couple:confused:
Others had to pay for this special treatment. If you fly SIA you are subsidising the PAP.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
GLCs have problems existing outside Spore where they do not have a monopoly. SIA's behaviour is typical of a GLC, overcharging Sporeans.
I'm surprised that Sporeans are willing to pay extra for the privilege of supporting SIA. Probably the same 70% who voted for the PAP.

I'm the same, I don't bother the cabin crew with requests. However when I do make a request it is not trivial & don't expect to be ignored or given excuses.
I also have eyes & have seen the behaviour of the crew & ground staff :(

It has been easy to switch to other carriers because I don't insist on flying with the best airline:smile:
I'm happy with any airline which treats me fairly,

FYI, airlines like Jet Star has internet check-in. Also if you print the receipt that Jet Star emails you, you can use it to get your tix at the airport from one of their self-serving terminals. They even have people there to help you with self-checkins.

Thai airways has self check in too. It is a very common feature now.. Nothing special.

eErotica69

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Even if it is free, i also will not travel on SIA.. moreover i dun support a PAP organisation.

Free? Dream on poor fuck.

Take your National Airline lah, chee bye kia!

malaysia-airlines.jpg

eErotica69

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Actually, I never have any problem with SIA or most airlines, esp the Asian ones.

For all my business travel, I take SIA, and I like their service. You speak nicely you get friendly reply. Is simple as if you speak nicely and courteous, they will be nice to you too.

One fucktard jiu hu kia, in this thread commented that, when he asked for newspaper, it was thrown on this table. But that fucktard did not tell us the manner he was asking and whether it was an appropriate time, like when they were serving, that fucktard demand for newspaper asap.

But some ang moh airlines, the the stewardess are rude, esp those old grannies!! KNN! So I normally refrain from ang moh airlines unless no choice.

Bonut

Alfrescian
Loyal

Jetstar is amazing. You could self check-in all the way with your check-in baggage. It's a precursor of all check-in services in the new Terminal 4 when the latter hit the ground running.

As far as I understand, self check-in services with the rest of the airlines would still require a ground staff manning the counter for the check-in baggage.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Jetstar is amazing. You could self check-in all the way with your check-in baggage. It's a precursor of all check-in services in the new Terminal 4 when the latter hit the ground running.

As far as I understand, self check-in services with the rest of the airlines would still require a ground staff manning the counter for the check-in baggage.

sia already has that at terminal 3 for all international flights.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
so many shit skin complaints. Obviously these skins are totally unreasonable that is why they get treated like that.