• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat SIA & what some people REALYY think of their service

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
GLCs have problems existing outside Spore where they do not have a monopoly. SIA's behaviour is typical of a GLC, overcharging Sporeans.
I'm surprised that Sporeans are willing to pay extra for the privilege of supporting SIA. Probably the same 70% who voted for the PAP.

I'm the same, I don't bother the cabin crew with requests. However when I do make a request it is not trivial & don't expect to be ignored or given excuses.
I also have eyes & have seen the behaviour of the crew & ground staff :(

It has been easy to switch to other carriers because I don't insist on flying with the best airline:smile:
I'm happy with any airline which treats me fairly,

FYI, airlines like Jet Star has internet check-in. Also if you print the receipt that Jet Star emails you, you can use it to get your tix at the airport from one of their self-serving terminals. They even have people there to help you with self-checkins.

Yes I think you are right . Why should Sporeans pay more to support SIA? For me I just used it alot last time for my company travel and compare to those angmoh airlines the service was indeed better. But it's good to put them to test by making non trivia requests like you did and see whether they lived up to it. Everything is now dollar and cents, no such thing as loyalty that has been grinded to zero so no need to support national airline. To think that once upon a time we felt so sad when sia or rather silkair had first crash and I remember attending the memorial with my friend when we both did not know any of the victims or staff who perished in the crash.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal

Actually, I never have any problem with SIA or most airlines, esp the Asian ones.

For all my business travel, I take SIA, and I like their service. You speak nicely you get friendly reply. Is simple as if you speak nicely and courteous, they will be nice to you too.

One fucktard jiu hu kia, in this thread commented that, when he asked for newspaper, it was thrown on this table. But that fucktard did not tell us the manner he was asking and whether it was an appropriate time, like when they were serving, that fucktard demand for newspaper asap.

But some ang moh airlines, the the stewardess are rude, esp those old grannies!! KNN! So I normally refrain from ang moh airlines unless no choice.

Yes angmoh granny air hostesses are all very rude. I remember them serving meals by throwing. Asian airlines or Asian air hostesses are so much in customer service.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Lol! Tony, cool down. I've had far worse experience (ground staff), much like the Sao Paolo incident. You have to look at it in totality connectivity,punctuality, reliability of service, safety and the cabin service as scroobal pointed out are just as important. Having said that, I admit the standards have fallen quite a bit.

I use Qatar and Emirates to commute between cities and my verdict is they are well above par. In all competitive industry, it's easy to get to the top but it's harder to stay there.

Totality is always used as an excuse when an airline service is below par, pls dun give me the totality bullshit.

they throw the newspaper at me and then talk to ang moh politely and get the stuff the ang moh want politely. I am not the only one who ask for the newspaper.. there are a few who ask for newspaper too including the ang moh. sorry man... it is all come down to personal satisfaction and experience..way too negative.

my good experience are from cathay pacific, jetstar. Thai Airway is ok..they just do what they needed to do and didn't throw things at you when you ask for something.. The Thais are not sinkie shit losers.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
my good experience are from cathay pacific, jetstar. Thai Airway is ok..they just do what they needed to do and didn't throw things at you when you ask for something.. The Thais are not sinkie shit losers.

EVA air is also pretty good if you are going to the US.

That is the airline I took when I went to the US for a holiday. I bought a radio antenna in the US which was about 5 feet long & had to check it in, & when I reached Changi I found that they had taken precautions because it arrived undamaged. The long thin aerial wasn't even specially packed or anything.

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
But I like their internet check in service, no need to queue for check in at airport.
Daresay all (if not most) airlines including budget got internet check-in, to beat the Q in airports. SQ's 48hrs window, but Thai only within 24hrs.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
EVA air is also pretty good if you are going to the US.

That is the airline I took when I went to the US for a holiday. I bought a radio antenna in the US which was about 5 feet long & had to check it in, & when I reached Changi I found that they had taken precautions because it arrived undamaged. The long thin aerial wasn't even specially packed or anything.

Eva air is not bad indeed. I brought my elderly relative on tour to Taiwan and they sent ground staff to ferry her from airport meeting point right up to plane seat using a wheel chair. Or is this considered under airport service ? Anyway it was a good and hassle free experience at both sides airport Sg and Taiwan.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Daresay all (if not most) airlines including budget got internet check-in, to beat the Q in airports. SQ's 48hrs window, but Thai only within 24hrs.

Not sure about that as I didn't travel much this few years. Angmoh airlines here like Swiss air have or not?

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Eva air is not bad indeed. I brought my elderly relative on tour to Taiwan and they sent ground staff to ferry her from airport meeting point right up to plane seat using a wheel chair. Or is this considered under airport service ? Anyway it was a good and hassle free experience at both sides airport Sg and Taiwan.

The reason I took EVA is because of their premium economy class.
You get more leg room which I think is worth it on longer flights to the US.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
The reason I took EVA is because of their premium economy class.
You get more leg room which I think is worth it on longer flights to the US.

EVA air has a special place in my heart being the first plane I took in my life - after my graduation - to Penang ! Lol. I think their air hostesses service are good but don't know their planes are new or not and pilot quality also matter for longer flights as I remember got Taiwan plane crash due to pilots..

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
SIA of course Pinkerton la....
You never see their stewardess wear sarong meh?
They are all SPGs

These stewardess made the right choice. The angmohs will cook for them, pamper them with flowers, buy them diamond, take turns to look after baby and does not expect anyth8ng jn return. Sinkies on tbe other hand, expect women to be treated as sex slave abd maid plus no reward.

Last edited:

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
cheaper to book a round-trip ticket from sin to sfo than from sfo to sin. it's essentially the same round trip but different start and end points. as americans flying from sfo to sin and return, we pay more.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
EVA air has a special place in my heart being the first plane I took in my life - after my graduation - to Penang ! Lol. I think their air hostesses service are good but don't know their planes are new or not and pilot quality also matter for longer flights as I remember got Taiwan plane crash due to pilots..

Lol this post also can be twisted into first time sex by mudlander dog qweqweqw. Now you can understand mudlander crooks who are psychopath will twist anything and everything from simple to not simple behaviour.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
These stewardess made the right choice. The angmohs will cook for them, pamper them with flowers, buy them diamond, take turns to look after baby and does not expect anyth8ng jn return. Sinkies on tbe other hand, expect women to be treated as sex slave abd maid plus no reward.

You must be thinking of the ex-SIA stewardes, Jamie Chua, who married a rich Indonesian. When she divorced her husband she won a $450,000/month maintenance from her husband.

That is more than what LHL officially makes per month.

http://news.asiaone.com/news/plush/local-socialite-jamie-chua-shows-hermes-house-online

Runifyouhaveto

Alfrescian
Loyal
SIA flies similar routes like Qantas.
The most outstanding division is Silkair, not really SIA, Scoot or Tiger, given the resources used.
SIA can't even find enough business fly direct to USA now.
It hints that SIA group is finding it challenging in an dynamic aviation industry.

China's healthiest airline Hainan Airlines - HNA Group has been on acquisition spree for global logistics-related companies.
It is in my opinion that SIA will one day be sold like NOL to the likes of HNA group.

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
SIA flies similar routes like Qantas.
The most outstanding division is Silkair, not really SIA, Scoot or Tiger, given the resources used.
SIA can't even find enough business fly direct to USA now.
It hints that SIA group is finding it challenging in an dynamic aviation industry.

China's healthiest airline Hainan Airlines - HNA Group has been on acquisition spree for global logistics-related companies.
It is in my opinion that SIA will one day be sold like NOL to the likes of HNA group.

ah run, i like your analysis, heartfelt words.

Runifyouhaveto

Alfrescian
Loyal
ah run, i like your analysis, heartfelt words.

Thank you Sir, I think I will live to see that day.
SIA Group flies to more than 60 countries and they cannot cope with the competition from Middle-East Airlines.
Turkish Air, Emirates (against SIA) LionAir and AirAsia (against Tiger) each flies about 2x passengers of SIA+Tiger