• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious Car loan rules relaxed

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Singapore Property Is Closer to the Bottom Than Hong Kong, LaSalle Says

“Hong Kong and Singapore are in a different cycle,” LaSalle’s Chris Chow said in an interview. “Although Hong Kong also has government austerity measures for residential, that hasn’t really translated into actual price correction until recently even though the measures came in a couple of years before.”
In Hong Kong, prices surged 370 percent from their 2003 trough through a peak in September before the correction began, as fears of a slowing economy in China damped sales. Home prices in Hong Kong have dropped about 13 percent since September. Prices in Singapore have fallen 1.2 percent since September and 9 percent from the peak in 2013 as property curbs cooled demand. Singapore prices had surged 92 percent from 2003 until the record set in September 2013.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...-closer-to-bottom-than-hong-kong-lasalle-says

STUCK_HERE

Alfrescian
Loyal
this step taken to inflate the economy as i read that car ownership reflects on the CPI. nicely fitted to make sure sinkies gong gong go borrow more money to buy expensive cars. sadly, the true life of a sinkie being manipulated to help the agenda of MAS.

Why don't u go buy your cheap aussie car now? It will last forever. Oops no money for that too. Oh well you can walk 500 miles to the supermarket.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Why don't u go buy your cheap aussie car now? It will last forever. Oops no money for that too. Oh well you can walk 500 miles to the supermarket.

walking is good for ur health and australia's weather is amazing for outdoor activities.whenever i go to australia on my 3 month sabbatica i will spend at least 4 ,5 hours walking everyday,exploring every inch of the city and the nature parks,i know the location of every aldi's,coles,woolworth's,super iga and costco in and near melbourne cbd.

garlic

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Why almost every thread will end up people bashing each other, trying to one-up each other, say people poor, say ownself more learned, richer... so hard to be objective and comment on topic?

Runifyouhaveto

Alfrescian
Loyal
langjeow... debt ratio already sky fark high, ask more suckers to take loan is promoting superman to jump for taller buildings

Behold: Singapore’s Very First Bungee Tower
http://weekender.com.sg/w/behold-singapores-first-bungee-tower

AJ-Hackett-Sentosa-Artist-Impression-440x660.jpg

Runifyouhaveto

Alfrescian
Loyal
Inevitably, PAP will relax those cooling measures to spur demand and prop up the economy to encourage building and construction in time to come. However, unlike car loans, housing values and thus, loans, have to be correlated to real wages and this is where PAP's problems come in as they are unable to bring real wages up due to multitude of reasons (recession, oil glut, global economy headwinds etc) And unlike easing car loans, easing of housing loan measures will bring back dissent and it will be a big topic again in next GE which PAP experienced in 2011 with their worst showing when WP kept drumming up dissatisfaction of the people with high property prices.

Next, easing of cooling measures is a "catch 22" situation, relaxing/removing TDSR, MSR and ABSD first or remove SSD first or remove both at the same time will go counter to what those measures wanted to achieve in the first place. Of course, it must be fair to both sellers and buyers, but i really find it hard to see a balance when relaxing such measures on both sides (sellers and buyers) will not defeat the purpose and intended objectives MAS wanted to achieve in the first place. Perhaps it all depends on how badly MAS wants to reign in capital outflow whereby investors shift to invest and develop overseas, or perhaps PAP knows that sinkies are suckers for properties and any policy changes, sinkies will still gladly accept and say thank you. Who knows...

Just my 2c.

Car loan rules eased, property measures next?
May 28, 2016
http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/prop...2/car-loan-rules-eased-property-measures-next
In a report released on Friday (27 May), Credit Suisse said: “With the weakening macro outlook, easing of property cooling measures would be one of the range of policies the government can use to combat a slowdown.

garlic

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Car loan rules eased, property measures next?
May 28, 2016
http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/prop...2/car-loan-rules-eased-property-measures-next
In a report released on Friday (27 May), Credit Suisse said: “With the weakening macro outlook, easing of property cooling measures would be one of the range of policies the government can use to combat a slowdown.

Yep, that's what i meant, they can tweak measures here and there, but fact remains price rose 92% while implemented measures dropped the prices 9%. Removing these measures will undo all the efforts and not forgetting the gloomy forecast.

hbk75

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yep, that's what i meant, they can tweak measures here and there, but fact remains price rose 92% while implemented measures dropped the prices 9%. Removing these measures will undo all the efforts and not forgetting the gloomy forecast.

Does not help when ppl are jobless. 1997 removed all measures and yet nobody buys.

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
ah run, i will be eternally grateful if you can impart some of your skills to me. :o

Most people here are good to ah RUN, so ah RUN's best advice is to encourage our brothers here to stay take care of our ownselves. Don't care about politics anymore and know your priorities. If you are better educated or street smart, try to read the market, anticipate the next move and protect yourself, friends and families.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

but it will drive prices higher and prop up the flagging economy....inflation is good,deflation is bad.