• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Well Done, Badminton Association

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
SG lacks the excellence culture in Sports

Yes you are right, I do have a few classmates, who went on to Represent Singapore, in sports, I won't mention, but they didn't make the discipline they are in a career & that was the norm in the past. None of them got the reward the CHINA WOMAN, now back to PRC got that kind of recognition or monetary gains, though, some went as far as the ASIAN Games...

We certainly did not have the kind of culture in sports...& getting that PRC woman or the other PRC's in table tennis..made a mockery of the sports here...I was good at Table Tennis too & the few of us growing up together were that good too. I was also into long distance running & was quite proficient in Squash, Tennis....etc...but like I had said, there were no "encouragement" from my elders...they frown on SPORTS, ARTS etc...for they will always chant " buay tanchiak"....Can't make a living...that is why, we lacy that excellence culture here...not only in Sports itself..

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
The pap's Sports Foreign Talent Scheme has set back progress of SG Sports by at least 10 years. A generation of excellent young SG sports talent has been marginalised during their formative years

When you use money as carrot, you'll get mercenaries.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
In many countries where the governments have clear agenda in support of sports, the respective sports association will go to schools when the kids are around 13 to 14 years of age and take key statistics and those who meet the standards go for further test such as lung capacity for sports that demand it. So the best is elected.

Look at Ng Ser Miang. When his daughter was interested in Sailing, he made sure the money was thrown into sailing. New Club house, new boats etc. Same with Swimming where rich parents can afford to drive them to the pool twice a day, pay for personal coaching etc.

This fucking government don't even want to return old folks their CPF, you think they want to help sports. Tell me which MPs or Cabinet Ministers children excel in Sports. The only time I see a politician associated with Sports is when they are asked to run a Sports Association and when they wear Nike shoes or Nike outfit and take selfies.

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
In many countries where the governments have clear agenda in support of sports, the respective sports association will go to schools when the kids are around 13 to 14 years of age and take key statistics and those who meet the standards go for further test such as lung capacity for sports that demand it. So the best is elected.

Look at Ng Ser Miang. When his daughter was interested in Sailing, he made sure the money was thrown into sailing. New Club house, new boats etc. Same with Swimming where rich parents can afford to drive them to the pool twice a day, pay for personal coaching etc.

This fucking government don't even want to return old folks their CPF, you think they want to help sports. Tell me which MPs or Cabinet Ministers children excel in Sports. The only time I see a politician associated with Sports is when they are asked to run a Sports Association and when they wear Nike shoes or Nike outfit and take selfies.

PAP is misguided and their god is Money

shittypore

Alfrescian
Loyal
OMG! Wud you want to end up as Olympian Silver Medalist Mr Tan Howe Liang, a poor sight to Spore's Sporting history.

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
OMG! Wud you want to end up as Olympian Silver Medalist Mr Tan Howe Liang, a poor sight to Spore's Sporting history.

I applaud Mr Tan Howe Liang. Look at how pap treated him and how Lee JiaWei is laughing all the way to the bank and to Beijing

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
the SG training system obviously didnt produce champions and the pap thought they can take the easy way out by buy medals.

If pap's silly mind succeed, they may close down MOE and not need to have an education system. Just buy and import foreigners to do everything

It has nothing to do with the S'pore training system, the rot is at the top. The talent might be there, but we will never know, because the top sports executives in S'pore are all ex SAF scholars. They were not professional executives and they were parachuted into the Singapore Sports Council after 20+ years in the army to cool their heels for a few years until all the sensitive information they have is outdated. With this sort of useless shits running the top sports positions they know nothing about developing and identifying talent. All they know is to get result quick by throwing money at it and getting these foreign talent mercenaries to play for Singapore. Just look at the Senior Management at Sports Singapore:

CEO - Lim Teck Yin. Ex Brigadier general and commander TraDoc.
Chief, Strategic development and Marketing group - Toh Boon Yi, former Armour officer and Colonel and 25 years with the SAF
Chief, Sports Club Group - Lai Chin Kwang - Colonel, former Commander 4SAB, Head of general Staff, HQ Armour, and ex career SAF officer

that is half of the senior management team that are ex SAF officers and who have no involvement in sports at all. Another senior manager was with the STPB for a long time. The only senior manager who knows what he is doing is Bob Gambardella, an American FT who was with the US Olympic Committee. Given that you have this bunch of fucktards running sports in singapore, what is your confidence level that they will move it ahead to glory?

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
It has nothing to do with the S'pore training system, the rot is at the top. The talent might be there, but we will never know, because the top sports executives in S'pore are all ex SAF scholars. They were not professional executives and they were parachuted into the Singapore Sports Council after 20+ years in the army to cool their heels for a few years until all the sensitive information they have is outdated. With this sort of useless shits running the top sports positions they know nothing about developing and identifying talent. All they know is to get result quick by throwing money at it and getting these foreign talent mercenaries to play for Singapore. Just look at the Senior Management at Sports Singapore:

CEO - Lim Teck Yin. Ex Brigadier general and commander TraDoc.
Chief, Strategic development and Marketing group - Toh Boon Yi, former Armour officer and Colonel and 25 years with the SAF
Chief, Sports Club Group - Lai Chin Kwang - Colonel, former Commander 4SAB, Head of general Staff, HQ Armour, and ex career SAF officer

that is half of the senior management team that are ex SAF officers and who have no involvement in sports at all. Another senior manager was with the STPB for a long time. The only senior manager who knows what he is doing is Bob Gambardella, an American FT who was with the US Olympic Committee. Given that you have this bunch of fucktards running sports in singapore, what is your confidence level that they will move it ahead to glory?

Who appointed them?