• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Well Done, Badminton Association

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
Lee Yi Shyan announced that SBA is turning to true blue Singaporeans to win medals and bring glory to SG.

Why does it take Lee YS so long to recognise and admit its mistakes? Some probable reasons are:

1. SBA is not successful to recruit true foreign talents and managed to get only 3rd rate foreigners like susilo who didnt bring anything to SG despite so much money thrown into the FT scheme.
2. True talents dont come to SG. Those foreigners who are willing to come to SG are not talented or are fakes
3. Singaporeans are not proud of medals won by foreigners for SG
4. Foreigners divide SG and cause many problems
5. PAP's FT Scheme is a complete failure (look at state of SG soccer) and pap has no choice but to reluctantly admit to what's obvious to most singaporeans. PAP cant hide anymore
6. Trying to seek the easy way out to buy medals has caused SG Sports to go to into a tailspin.
7. His health problems make LYS realise that there are more important things in life than to buy medals

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
its almost impossible for sinkie men to be world champ as they waste 2 years in the NS. you need to train 8 hurs a day or more to be world class, plus use all the scientific nutrition and technics.

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
its almost impossible for sinkie men to be world champ as they waste 2 years in the NS. you need to train 8 hurs a day or more to be world class, plus use all the scientific nutrition and technics.

Does a PRC who wins an Olympic Gold medal for SG make you proud of the win? I dont

I would feel proud if a true blue Singaporean, trained by SBA under the SG training system wins a Silver Medal

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset

Have you ever been in the SAF or served NS? Every single national athlete I have met in the army, well, military training is just about the last thing they ever do. They will be seconded to SAFRA or in some cases, they are posted to units and vocations where they continue to train in their spots.

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
Have you ever been in the SAF or served NS? Every single national athlete I have met in the army, well, military training is just about the last thing they ever do. They will be seconded to SAFRA or in some cases, they are posted to units and vocations where they continue to train in their spots.

the SG training system obviously didnt produce champions and the pap thought they can take the easy way out by buy medals.

If pap's silly mind succeed, they may close down MOE and not need to have an education system. Just buy and import foreigners to do everything

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal
the SG training system obviously didnt produce champions and the pap thought they can take the easy way out by buy medals.

If pap's silly mind succeed, they may close down MOE and not need to have an education system. Just buy and import foreigners to do everything

That is what is happening now. They are planting trees all over the island. Today the land is empty, a few months later a big tree is being planted and growing.

The government decide that the way for Singapore's economic to grow is to increase own consumption substantially. Thus we have hundred and thousand of foreigners here now. By importing population dramatically, you need to build infrastructure at break neck speed. You too also need to maintain your infrastructure in double quick time.

Singapore do have brains, but there is too many indian chief who knows how to call the shots but do not know how to execute their plans and strategy well.

It's never a easy way out.

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
That is what is happening now. They are planting trees all over the island. Today the land is empty, a few months later a big tree is being planted and growing.

The government decide that the way for SIngapore's economic to grow is to increase own consumption substantially. Thus we have hundred and thousand of foreigners here now. By importing population dramatically, you need to build infrastructure at break neck speed. You too also need to maintain your infrastructure in double quick time.

It's never a easy way out.

In order to grow population, pap must plan carefully. Otherwise, we have chaos when crisis hits the world and no one can sell us food. Also daily life becomes more stressful because of crowds and mixture of cultures and values. Already, strains are showing in many condos when foreigners grow to a sizeable number.

Look at what happens in France, UK, Germany!

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
All national sportsperson serving NS focus clearly on their sports. For training outside their camp, there are allowed to attend. They are given roles where no or little work is done. In fact that helped many of them who would have dropped out from Sports to go to work. Many of them ironically were also downgraded for past injuries as well.

The issue is not NS but lack of recognition or support for Sports in the country and parents preferring their kids to focus on studies and tuition.

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
The issue is not NS but lack of recognition or support for Sports in the country and parents preferring their kids to focus on studies and tuition.

Yes, govt doesnt spend enough to promote sports, no proper training scheme, no support for sports excellence.

look at Denmark, Belgium and Swiss

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

What happened to that scheme? the pool of locals who could excel in certain sports for the country?. When I was younger, I have friends who played badminton under that scheme, but none I knew, went to go on & represent Singapore!?? I used to be quite good at Badminton, during those days, playing at school level & even when in N.S., did represent my unit, in, inter Unit games; but like many of us, growing up during that era....were never encourage to go further than that..for the reasons given by most parents...." you can't tanchiak" ( make a living). As a result, many of us...became "weekends players"...never really make it to represent the country or played in the THOMAS CUP.

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
What happened to that scheme? the pool of locals who could excel in certain sports for the country?. When I was younger, I have friends who played badminton under that scheme, but none I knew, went to go on & represent Singapore!?? I used to be quite good at Badminton, during those days, playing at school level & even when in N.S., did represent my unit, in, inter Unit games; but like many of us, growing up during that era....were never encourage to go further than that..for the reasons given by most parents...." you can't tanchiak" ( make a living). As a result, many of us...became "weekends players"...never really make it to represent the country or played in the THOMAS CUP.

SG lacks the excellence culture in Sports

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
All national sportsperson serving NS focus clearly on their sports. For training outside their camp, there are allowed to attend. They are given roles where no or little work is done. In fact that helped many of them who would have dropped out from Sports to go to work. Many of them ironically were also downgraded for past injuries as well.

Parents don't realise sports is big money nowadays. lady squash queen nicole davids from malaysia already millionaire years ago. she won world ladies singles title 9 years in a row.trained in UK.
But of course, the money only comes in if you are at the top. if not, i think must share with many other sports men.

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal

maybe you lack the desire to be a world champ.

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
The pap's Sports Foreign Talent Scheme has set back progress of SG Sports by at least 10 years. A generation of excellent young SG sports talent has been marginalised during their formative years

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
.......The issue is not NS but lack of recognition or support for Sports in the country and parents preferring their kids to focus on studies and tuition.
Precisely, until this mindset changes the city is not going to see a world beater.

Ask any of the sports men or women who have reached the Everest of their sport and they'll list passion,hard work and the sheer desire to be the best in their sport. Money is secondary.