• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious S'poreans who die overseas never seeing their native land again

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
I received some news that a friend of mine who emigrated some time ago to a western country has passed away. He was cremated and interred in this foreign country. A country that he liked and had lived for quite a few years. Nevertheless, he always retained his singapore accent and tried to keep in touch with the goings on in singapore even though he was far away.

It occurred to me that there are tens of thousands of singaporeans in his shoes. In his case, he left singapore not for economic reasons (he was already a successful and rich business man here), but for the sake of his children and he what he thought would be a better life. In that aspect he was right to do so, because by all accounts he was happy there and so were his kids. All of them attended universities there, and at least a couple of the kids would not have made it to a sinkie uni due to their chinese. He had a car, large house, all his medical treatments were paid for by the govt. etc.

But still here is a man forced to leave the country by the policies of the PAP and by the dictatorship of Lee Con You. He was not an economic refugee looking for better jobs or even just a job. Not like all these fucking pinoys, Indians, PRCs etc. He had a good life here. But he could not stand the stupidity of his fellow citizens who kept voting for the PAP. Here is a true son of the land. Born and raised in singapore, as opposed to all these mercenaries they are giving citizenships to these days. yet, in the last few years of his life, he was not physically able to return to see his friends and relatives. He has died in a country that is not his birth country and is interred among people who are not of the same race as he is. No one should have to go through that. If you love your country, you should want to be buried there. That has always been the ancestral chinese way, they always want to die in their village or homeland.

Yet, this is privilege is not accorded to him. i suppose even if he were able to come back and die in singapore, it would have been very expensive what with the hospital bills and the funeral costs. It really is a fucked up system by the PAP where they go out of the way to alienate productive, successful and intelligent people and replace them with the dregs of other societies. By my estimate, there are over 250,000 adult singaporeans living permanently overseas. I suppose in the coming years many more sons of singapore will die overseas and never see singapore again, a price that they had to pay for moving overseas. An unnecessary price in my opinion.

harimau

Alfrescian
Loyal
Skeletons are just skeletons. Ashes to Ashes and dust to dust.

Your spirit will either go to heaven or hell.

Take your pick. Choose where you wanna go it's more important than earthly locations for things.

I prefer cremation so that my ashes can dumped into the sea and travel the world.

Semaj2357

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Take your pick. Choose where you wanna go it's more important than earthly locations for things.
I prefer cremation so that my ashes can dumped into the sea and travel the world.
in this case, it's not the journey that matters but the destination or issit vice-versa :confused:

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
TS can think of it this way, it's a blessing for him who has emigrated to die overseas. My relative's friend emigrated but come back for home visit and kena stroke in Spore and been bedridden in Spore since then for two years already.

harimau

Alfrescian
Loyal
At least your friend has seen the world and experienced something other than a Singapore lifestyle..

He has no regrets.

MadrigalWheel

Alfrescian
Loyal
Nice fairy tale.

With SG so high on the cronyism index, your "successful businessman" friend would have been well connected enough so as not to kpkb like you about "his" ultimate PAP paymasters as the index implies many a successful businessman would know which side their bread is buttered.

Next, if SG made your "friend" a pile of money, that can only be from strength in character, then it makes it more incredulous that it implies that "his" adopted country lulled "him" into a welfare state crutch mentality as "he" clearly depended on the subsidised public health system, and not private healthcare, which means "he" somehow lost a majority of "his" wealth outside of SG. That means, while SG made "him" rich, "his" adopted country made "him" poor.

Like that also can find lobang to direct your bile at PAP when "his" adopted country bascially ruined the steel "he" originally forged in "himself" while in SG.

Really a weak assertion by belittling your "friend's" good character just to provide you a lame excuse to hijack your "friends" overseas death for a personal agenda.

And even if this story held an ounce of truth, this friend deserves to rest in peace and not have you disgracefully drag down his legacy, deface his good name and dissect his life choices, just so that you can trivialise it here for yet another one of your self-serving, off-tangent, blind hatred tirades towards PAP.

Some kind of shit "friend" you are...

Last edited:

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
. By my estimate, there are over 250,000 adult singaporeans living permanently overseas. I suppose in the coming years many more sons of singapore will die overseas and never see singapore again, a price that they had to pay for moving overseas. An unnecessary price in my opinion.

Simi price? I am so glad that I am no longer in Singapore and will die in Canada. Why in the world would anyone who has migrated want to die and be buried in Singapore? You are deluded!

MadrigalWheel

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why in the world would anyone who has migrated want to die and be buried in Singapore? You are deluded!

Why in the world does anyone want to lay their remains in SG only either to be dug up and incinerated when their plot lease is up or when their ashes are flushed down the toilet bowl, and columbarium niche is sold to the next highest bidder when their descendants fail to claim them?

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Why in the world does anyone want to lay their remains in SG only either to be dug up and incinerated when their plot lease is up or when their ashes are flushed down the toilet bowl, and columbarium niche is sold to the next highest bidder when their descendants fail to claim them?

correct. for burial it's 16 years and after that it's dug up and incinerated. ashes in urns in a columbarium pigeon hole may also not find peace when they are unattended to or unclaimed. nothing is permanent in sg, even in death. eventually the ash will be disposed of in a reclamation project or dispersed at sea. sinkies forget, ignore or move on in short spans.....to chase after the next hello kitty toy. a mistake for anyone to be buried in sg.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset

maybe I will suggest that to his family. i.e. re-inter his ashes in singapore. Bring the urn back home.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
TS can think of it this way, it's a blessing for him who has emigrated to die overseas. My relative's friend emigrated but come back for home visit and kena stroke in Spore and been bedridden in Spore since then for two years already.

Wow, that's terrible. The financial costs to him and his family must be huge, why don't they fly him back by air ambulance?

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wow, that's terrible. The financial costs to him and his family must be huge, why don't they fly him back by air ambulance?

I guess they must have explored this option and found it not feasible to move him back to Australia. One of his children is a doctor working in Australia so I think they should know the risk and money consideration. I think he probably didn't buy travel insurance for medical evacuation since he come here for home visit a few months a year and has children working in spore. The whole family are Australian or pr. The elderly couple probably still spore citizens since they have been receiving cpf top ups from what I heard. So his children hired a maid to take care of him and when the maid went off, they managed to find a govt subsidised nursing home for him. I am not sure about the cost, my relative did not ask.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
I guess they must have explored this option and found it not feasible to move him back to Australia. One of his children is a doctor working in Australia so I think they should know the risk and money consideration. I think he probably didn't buy travel insurance for medical evacuation since he come here for home visit a few months a year and has children working in spore. The whole family are Australian or pr. The elderly couple probably still spore citizens since they have been receiving cpf top ups from what I heard. So his children hired a maid to take care of him and when the maid went off, they managed to find a govt subsidised nursing home for him. I am not sure about the cost, my relative did not ask.

I don't understand these children. So, they will leave their father in Singapore to be looked after by a maid while life goes on for them in Australia? Are they not even interested in visiting him? If they move him to Australia, he could be in a home or a long term care facility and they can visit him every week, whether he is in a state to communicate or not.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
I don't understand these children. So, they will leave their father in Singapore to be looked after by a maid while life goes on for them in Australia? Are they not even interested in visiting him? If they move him to Australia, he could be in a home or a long term care facility and they can visit him every week, whether he is in a state to communicate or not.

Hey you are right , indeed one of the children who married a mudlander ipoh wife and living in msia really only visited him once in two years. So much for mudlander wife being kind lol. But as I said he has children working in spore also lah so it's not that bad.