• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat swiss bank BSI got shut by MAS today!

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
To my (limited) knowledge on PRC, there have always been outward remittance from middle kingdom with forex controls

nowadays, it's even stricter, they absolutely wants no dirty money out of the country. let's say you want to change 50k of sgd. you have to go to the bank, give your reasons and change maximum 10k, you have to make few trips down to change the remaining 40k.

Unrepented

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not necessary for money to actually flow thru the cross border banking system lah:biggrin:

china has recently started to prohibit TT from their banks to overseas account. the other day i was in an oz bank, an angmo man was making noise at the counter cos' the cashier didn't allow him to withdraw money. apparently, there were some money that was unaccountable for in his personal acct.

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal
nowadays, it's even stricter, they absolutely wants no dirty money out of the country. let's say you want to change 50k of sgd. you have to go to the bank, give your reasons and change maximum 10k, you have to make few trips down to change the remaining 40k.

Pls lor. The cocksuckers inside istana got no choice when Us central bank send them a gentle reminder that sinkie banks will face the same fate if no action taken. As if these farkers r very zeetong pple. Farkers like these take 3 years to build the barrier to prevent pple falling over mrt tracks
38 man years to do one report.

dr.wailing

Alfrescian
Loyal
Pls lor. The cocksuckers inside istana got no choice when Us central bank send them a gentle reminder that sinkie banks will face the same fate if no action taken. As if these farkers r very zeetong pple. Farkers like these take 3 years to build the barrier to prevent pple falling over mrt tracks 38 man years to do one report.
Totally agree. A little bird from the West confirmed it to me.

Runifyouhaveto

Alfrescian
Loyal
Like a virgin, you tip toe around the pussy and don't know how to enter it. Let me tell you what is happening here. All this shit about BSI doing fraud and money laundering, and having loose institutional control and all that is bullshit and a smoke screen by MAS. Every private bank is doing it in singapore, the exact same thing that BSI is doing. If all their alleged crimes are so bad, kindly point out which of their clients have started legal proceedings against them? Which of their clients have filed a complaint with MAS or the police. There has been non.

MAS is after them to whack them and shut them down simply because of their involvement in IMDB. This was a case where MAS clearly let the large amount of money come in through the Cayman Islands and then allowed BSI to re-route it to the personal account of Najib. In both cases when the money flowed into and out of singapore, MAS knew it. Alarm bells and red alerts should have been going off at MAS. Yet the transactions were not questioned at that time and allowed to be processed. Now, MAS is shutting BSI down to cover up their complicity in the whole mess.

Its very hypocritical of Ravi to come out and say that banks have "to take their anti money laundering responsibilities seriously", when in fact, he presides over a system that have seen numerous crooks, drug kingpins and tyrants hide their money here. If he is so concerned about money laundering, then why don't he give the Indonesian govt what they ask for? And why allow such suspicious transactions to flow into the personal account of a Malaysian politician?

Chill bro, our financial system will evolve better ways for legitimate banking secrecy for clients.
Soon, we hope that 100% all our shares will be held by brokerages' custodian accounts instead of a centralised CDP.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Chill bro, our financial system will evolve better ways for legitimate banking secrecy for clients.
Soon, we hope that 100% all our shares will be held by brokerages' custodian accounts instead of a centralised CDP.

That's Ravi's worse nightmare, that the control be given to individual brokerages. already he is foaming at the mouth on one perceived rogue institution, BSI. Imagine if more power given to them. But I think that all brokerages already have custodian accounts.

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

That's Ravi's worse nightmare, that the control be given to individual brokerages. already he is foaming at the mouth on one perceived rogue institution, BSI. Imagine if more power given to them. But I think that all brokerages already have custodian accounts.

may i ask why is holding shares better with brokerages than CDP? thanks.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

If you really want to be a crook, you have to be "creative"....you open an account with every banks there is in Sinkingcore...spread the butter' around. You want 50K....during banking hours, you withdraw 10K from each account...if I were to come across 100K or say you decided to give me that amount...I won't bring that & deposit into the bank where I hold the account, I will take 10K deposit in that account, another 10K to be other bank account, & do it for the next few days...

My point is....those crooks are sophisticated they can think out of anything....remember the recent case of the theft from the Central Bank of Bangladesh?.....it was done by SWIFT...if you work in banks....SWIFT is the most secured.....& vert strict!..get the drift?

nomorelisa

Alfrescian
Loyal
What about Taib Mahmud the former Chief Minister of Sarawak (also Malaysian)? There is viral video of it.......

Runifyouhaveto

Alfrescian
Loyal
But I think that all brokerages already have custodian accounts.

may i ask why is holding shares better with brokerages than CDP? thanks.

currently banks and brokerages have custodian accounts selectively for clients because some of them pledge the shares to the financial institutions for financing purposes, etc. Of course, some clients want to hide their identities by using these nominee services.

Imagine if our financial system makes it 100% for all local shares to be held in bank and brokerages custodian accounts, instead of CDP, Nobody can accuse us of implementing this measure to shelter the big boys because it is applicable for all peasants too.

In this way, we can further improve banking secrecy in Singapore. Nevertheless, this is just my speculation of our financial system will evolve.

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
currently banks and brokerages have custodian accounts selectively for clients because some of them pledge the shares to the financial institutions for financing purposes, etc. Of course, some clients want to hide their identities by using these nominee services.

Imagine if our financial system makes it 100% for all local shares to be held in bank and brokerages custodian accounts, instead of CDP, Nobody can accuse us of implementing this measure to shelter the big boys because it is applicable for all peasants too.

In this way, we can further improve banking secrecy in Singapore. Nevertheless, this is just my speculation of our financial system will evolve.

i have more faith in CDP than the brokerages. be careful of the collusion among brokerages to skim money off you. i have mentioned how they manipulate the penny stocks before.