• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious Is PAP's Best Just Mediocre?

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
HSK was touted to be pap's best...leading horse to be next PM

PAP said they are the best and must be paid best pay. HSK is pap's best and must be paid the best of the best.

Then came the stroke. And Shanmugum implied that HSK got the stroke because of stress. If pap's bestest cant handle a simple tiny dot's minister's job, then HSK is not good enough to handle the job. So PAP's bestest is not good enough to handle finance job of a tiny country. So why are pap ministers paid obscene salaries?

PAP must get their act right. Either admit that their best is just plain mediocre or stick with their mantra and insist that they are the best and it was just bad genes that floored HSK, not stress.

PAP cant have the cake and eat it.

So how, shanmugum? Was it stress that knocked out HSK or was it bad genes?

We are not cruel to HSK, but we want pap to speak the truth and dont have twist and turn facts. PAP must not exploit HSK's misfortune to try to gain sympathy and political mileage

Last edited:

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Lee Kuan Yew & his team, have greater stress than any PM or ministers today...how many of them came down with STROKE?, some even live to ripe of age.

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
Lee Kuan Yew & his team, have greater stress than any PM or ministers today...how many of them came down with STROKE?, some even live to ripe of age.

Yes, many of them had two ministerial portfolios...and heavy ministries too and they did very well.

Nowadays, pap's supposedly bestest cant even handle one ministry alone. PAP needs two bestest in Education and MTI. That makes them sound mediocre rather than bestest.

Last edited:

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
One's health and mental capability have little correlation. Stephen Hawking is a prime example. HSK's stroke is due to an aneurysm which is normally congenital and not the usual bad fat accumulation association with 80% of stroke cases.

I think we are going down the wrong path if we use HSK and his condition to talk about the PAP.

The PAP at the top is made up of academic achievers and certainly cream of society. The issue is not their individual capability or capacity to perform. The issue is abuse of power, the nepotism, the influence peddling, the use of state resources to enrich themselves, their families and their friends. They have also put in so many obstacles for smart and equally capable people who have the moral compass to enter and participate in politics and government to find it extremely hard to do so.

If they are they truly interested in the people and the country, they had 50 years to build a first class foundation for a truly democratic society where the best persons step forward to lead government and change society for the better. After 50 years, I see more people collecting cardboards at age 80, I see young people who have engineering degrees losing their jobs, I see draconian laws that stifles discussion and discourse, I see the state media totally shackled that they have to prostitute themselves to no end. I see a cabinet minister proudly boosting about his $8 hospital bill while a man in his 70s living in a 3 bedroom HDB flat seeking subsidy for medication is asked by his PAP MP to sell his flat.

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
One's health and mental capability have little correlation. Stephen Hawking is a prime example. HSK's stroke is due to an aneurysm which is normally congenital and not the usual bad fat accumulation association with 80% of stroke cases.

I think we are going down the wrong path if we use HSK and his condition to talk about the PAP.

The PAP at the top is made up of academic achievers and certainly cream of society. The issue is not their individual capability or capacity to perform. The issue is abuse of power, the nepotism, the influence peddling, the use of state resources to enrich themselves, their families and their friends. They have also put in so many obstacles for smart and equally capable people who have the moral compass to enter and participate in politics and government to find it extremely hard to do so.

If they are they truly interested in the people and the country, they had 50 years to build a first class foundation for a truly democratic society where the best persons step forward to lead government and change society for the better. After 50 years, I see more people collecting cardboards at age 80, I see young people who have engineering degrees losing their jobs, I see draconian laws that stifles discussion and discourse, I see the state media totally shackled that they have to prostitute themselves to no end. I see a cabinet minister proudly boosting about his $8 hospital bill while a man in his 70s living in a 3 bedroom HDB flat seeking subsidy for medication is asked by his PAP MP to sell his flat.

I agree that mental capability and health have little correlation.

But pap seems to want to exploit HSL's misfortune by saying that pap ministers are stressed to the point of getting sick. My point to Shan is that stroke and stress have little correlation and so pap shd not use HSK's stroke to try to gain sympathy. The less he says, the better it is for HSK

Last edited:

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal

intellect is just one part that make a man. there are many other equally important factors that make a man. Empathy, compassion, EQ, leadership qualities, etc count too. PAP must not just look at paper qualifications and term their lot as the best.

Singaporeans must voice their disagreement with pap's definition of who is the best. PAP's best is not Singapore's best

Last edited:

enterprise2

Alfrescian
Loyal

It's the entrenchment of the establishment, the rich getter richer and everyone else poorer. It's the 'we know it all', have total 'trust us, we know what's good for all' mentality.
It's the same in many other countries and it has led to a general sense of despair and hopelessness among huge swarth of the pop. That's why people start supporting anti-establishment figures like Trump and Duterte!

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
It's the entrenchment of the establishment, the rich getter richer and everyone else poorer. It's the 'we know it all', have total 'trust us, we know what's good for all' mentality.
It's the same in many other countries and it has led to a general sense of despair and hopelessness among huge swarth of the pop. That's why people start supporting anti-establishment figures like Trump and Duterte!

the fall of a govt starts when the leaders lose touch with the ground and think they know best. Look at Sanders vs Clinton...the people's man vs the big establishment. Look at Trump vs Jeb Bush and Marco Rubio...the people vs the establishment.

And the DNC and RNC are puzzled why americans are supporting previously unknowns against big establishment candidates. It simply boils down to the establishments losing touch with the ground.

PAP is not far from DNC and RNC

Asterix

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Those who put too much faith in the People, especially the types made from such bad quality clay as can be found in 69.9% of Sinkies, are doomed to a life of tragedy and despair, better to find pleasure inter alia in mocking them on mickey mouse forums like ........

CHAPTER LIII.—That the People, deceived by a false show of Advantage, often desire what would be their Ruin; and that large Hopes and brave Promises easily move them.

When Veii fell, the commons of Rome took up the notion that it would be to the advantage of their city were half their number to go and dwell there. For they argued that as Veii lay in a fertile country and was a well-built city, a moiety of the Roman people might in this way be enriched; while, by reason of its vicinity to Rome, the management of civil affairs would in no degree be affected. To the senate, however, and the wiser among the citizens, the scheme appeared so rash and mischievous that they publicly declared they would die sooner than consent to it. The controversy continuing, the commons grew so inflamed against the senate that violence and bloodshed must have ensued; had not the senate for their protection put forward certain old and esteemed citizens, respect for whom restrained the populace and put a stop to their violence.

Two points are here to be noted. First, that a people deceived by a false show of advantage will often labour for its own destruction; and, unless convinced by some one whom it trusts, that the course on which it is bent is pernicious, and that some other is to be preferred, will bring infinite danger and injury upon the State. And should it so happen, as sometimes is the case, that from having been deceived before, either by men or by events, there is none in whom the people trust, their ruin is inevitable. As to which Dante, in his treatise "De Monarchia," observes that the people will often raise the cry, "Flourish our death and perish our life."From which distrust it arises that often in republics the right course is not followed; as when Venice, as has been related, on being attacked by many enemies, could not, until her ruin was complete, resolve to make friends with any one of them by restoring those territories she had taken from them, on account of which war had been declared and a league of princes formed against her.

In considering what courses it is easy, and what it is difficult to persuade a people to follow, this distinction may be drawn: Either what you would persuade them to, presents on the face of it a semblance of gain or loss, or it seems a spirited course or a base one. When any proposal submitted to the people holds out promise of advantage, or seems to them a spirited course to take, though loss lie hid behind, nay, though the ruin of their country be involved in it, they will always be easily led to adopt it; whereas it will always be difficult to persuade the adoption of such courses as wear the appearance of disgrace or loss, even though safety and advantage be bound up with them. The truth of what I say is confirmed by numberless examples both Roman and foreign, modern and ancient. Hence grew the ill opinion entertained in Rome of Fabius Maximus, who could never persuade the people that it behoved them to proceed warily in their conflict with Hannibal, and withstand his onset without fighting. For this the people thought a base course, not discerning the advantage resulting from it, which Fabius could by no argument make plain to them. And so blinded are men in favour of what seems a spirited course, that although the Romans had already committed the blunder of permitting Varro, master of the knights to Fabius, to join battle contrary to the latter's desire, whereby the army must have been destroyed had not Fabius by his prudence saved it, this lesson was not enough; for afterwards they appointed this Varro to be consul, for no other reason than that he gave out, in the streets and market-places, that he would make an end of Hannibal as soon as leave was given him to do so. Whence came the battle and defeat of Cannæ, and well-nigh the destruction of Rome.

Another example taken from Roman history may be cited to the same effect. After Hannibal had maintained himself for eight or ten years in Italy, during which time the whole country had been deluged with Roman blood, a certain Marcus Centenius Penula, a man of mean origin, but who had held some post in the army, came forward and proposed to the senate that were leave given him to raise a force of volunteers in any part of Italy he pleased, he would speedily deliver Hannibal into their hands, alive or dead. To the senate this man's offer seemed a rash one; but reflecting that were they to refuse it, and were the people afterwards to hear that it had been made, tumults, ill will, and resentment against them would result, they granted the permission asked; choosing rather to risk the lives of all who might follow Penula, than to excite fresh discontent on the part of the people, to whom they knew that such a proposal would be welcome, and that it would be very hard to dissuade them from it. And so this adventurer, marching forth with an undisciplined and disorderly rabble to meet Hannibal, was, with all his followers, defeated and slain in the very first encounter.

In Greece, likewise, and in the city of Athens, that most grave and prudent statesman, Nicias, could not convince the people that the proposal to go and attack Sicily was disadvantageous; and the expedition being resolved on, contrary to his advice and to the wishes of the wiser among the citizens, resulted in the overthrow of the Athenian power. Scipio, on being appointed consul, asked that the province of Africa might be awarded to him, promising that he would utterly efface Carthage; and when the senate, on the advice of Fabius, refused his request, he threatened to submit the matter to the people as very well knowing that to the people such proposals are always acceptable.

I might cite other instances to the same effect from the history of our own city, as when Messer Ercole Bentivoglio and Antonio Giacomini, being in joint command of the Florentine armies, after defeating Bartolommeo d'Alviano at San Vincenzo, proceeded to invest Pisa. For this enterprise was resolved on by the people in consequence of the brave promises of Messer Ercole; and though many wise citizens disapproved of it, they could do nothing to prevent it, being carried away by the popular will, which took its rise in the assurances of their captain.

I say, then, that there is no readier way to bring about the ruin of a republic, when the power is in the hands of the people, than to suggest daring courses for their adoption. For wherever the people have a voice, such proposals will always be well received, nor will those persons who are opposed to them be able to apply any remedy. And as this occasions the ruin of States, it likewise, and even more frequently, occasions the private ruin of those to whom the execution of these proposals is committed; because the people anticipating victory, do not when there comes defeat ascribe it to the short means or ill fortune of the commander, but to his cowardice and incapacity; and commonly either put him to death, or imprison or banish him; as was done in the case of numberless Carthaginian generals and of many Athenian, no successes they might previously have obtained availing them anything; for all past services are cancelled by a present loss. And so it happened with our Antonio Giacomini, who not succeeding as the people had expected, and as he had promised, in taking Pisa, fell into such discredit with the people, that notwithstanding his countless past services, his life was spared rather by the compassion of those in authority than through any movement of the citizens in his behalf.

http://www.gutenberg.org/cache/epub/10827/pg10827.html

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
We are not cruel to HSK, but we want pap to speak the truth and dont have twist and turn facts. PAP must not exploit HSK's misfortune to try to gain sympathy and political mileage

Life is a gamble and sometimes certain genetic defects surface regardless of how hard we try to stay healthy.

PAP is still the best so don't worry about the future too much. You are in very safe hands.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

What are we explaining correlations? something like drawing a Venn Diagram to show the......the point is, the current generation of leaders however academically enriched they are, are made of 'inferior' genetic material.....in other words, Inferior....& more colloquially " hall kwa, boar hall chiat"....simple, as that!:p

batman1

Alfrescian
Loyal
The bare facts are:Pinky is weak.He is insecure and not confident .He is a bumbler who needs walking stick support of MM and SM.
He would not survived in the private sector.