• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious Rising interest rates worrying for Singapore economy: economists

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I am just speculating bro

I refer to my earlier analysis, sorry I can only explain in layman terms for I am not a professional

Yes, Singapore has no other choice but to engage in bond-buying program like CSPP. There are RON95 and RON98 (different prices and fuel power like FX and interest rates). Bond buying program is like driving a bigger CC car with the same fuel (minimise impact on interest rates and FX strength).

the only tools left on the shelf is money printing and lower interest rates, there is nothing else they can do. your speculation may be right.

hbk75

Alfrescian
Loyal
the only tools left on the shelf is money printing and lower interest rates, there is nothing else they can do. your speculation may be right.
print more = capital outflow.

rich tiongs do not park money here to watch the value dropping.

capital outflow = higher interest rates.

sgd not equal to usd. cannot suka suka print.

Runifyouhaveto

Alfrescian
Loyal
China Weakens Yuan Fixing to Lowest Since 2011
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...-fixing-to-lowest-since-2011-as-dollar-climbs

A resurgent greenback is shaking up a strategy that the People’s Bank of China pursued over the past three months -- a steady rate against the dollar, combined with depreciation against other major currencies. Traders are now pricing in a better-than-even chance of the Federal Reserve boosting borrowing costs by its July meeting, with officials lining up to indicate their willingness to support such a move, should the current strength in the economy be sustained.

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
- The news tell you that Singapore economy grew 1.8% in Q1
http://business.asiaone.com/news/singapore-economy-grew-18-q1-govt-maintains-1-3-full-year-growth

- But ah RUN tells you that the Singaporean economy expanded by a only 0.2 pct q/q

Both are true. It is just how optimistic you wanna sound.

i dun believe the integrity of these numbers. meaning it's up to MAS how they want to portray the economy. if the GDP turn out good, SGD will strengthen a bit and overall no good for exporters and economy. as usual, sinkie and civil servant mentality, they want a number not too good or not too bad either. the number has been manipulated, it had happened to other central banks before, i find no surprise at all.

enterprise2

Alfrescian
Loyal
i dun believe the integrity of these numbers. meaning it's up to MAS how they want to portray the economy. if the GDP turn out good, SGD will strengthen a bit and overall no good for exporters and economy. as usual, sinkie and civil servant mentality, they want a number not too good or not too bad either. the number has been manipulated, it had happened to other central banks before, i find no surprise at all.

1.8% is just treading water but in today environment not bad. At least not sinking!

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
1.8% is just treading water but in today environment not bad. At least not sinking!

adding on, if GDP tuen good number, men on the street will scratch head, many sinkie companies are in the red and they will question the GDP data release. so on the safe side, they just published a number due to expectations on the safe side.