• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious If You're Liberal and You Think Hillary Clinton Is Corrupt and Untrustworthy,...

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://thedailybanter.com/2016/01/hillary-gop-smears/

If You're Liberal and You Think Hillary Clinton Is Corrupt and Untrustworthy, You're Rewarding 25 Years of GOP Smears

And when you take a step back and look at Clinton objectively -- which is admittedly difficult for many, even, or maybe particularly, on the left -- that's exactly the point. Hillary Clinton's reputation is largely the result of a quarter century of visceral GOP hatred.

With the exception of maybe Barack Obama, whom they've irrationally loathed with the fire of a thousands suns, it's tough to name anyone conservatives have more vigorously derided throughout the years than Hillary Clinton. Even her husband, as much as they tried to take him down at every turn, earned a begrudging respect from many in the Republican party. Beating him up for, say, his sexual proclivities was the height of Beltway hypocrisy and they knew it, but politics demanded they grab onto any potential scandal they could with both hands and ride it as far as it would take them. While it's true many were bitterly jealous of Clinton's seemingly depthless charisma and sorcerer's way with voters, for the GOP leadership at the time it wasn't personal -- just really dirty business. Hillary on the other hand has always been cast as an arrogant bitch, a soulless bête noire, an irredeemably corrupt and fundamentally dishonest political hustler. From the very beginning of her time in the national political limelight, she was vilified for refusing to simply sit back and be an ornament on the White House Christmas tree, as she was apparently supposed to. And when she ventured out into her own separate political career, what was considered calculating but somehow forgivable from her husband became merely calculating -- and nefariously so -- from her. Bill was allowed to be Slick Willy. Hillary was just a rotten to the core.

The Clintons' political enemies were never shy about manufacturing every kind of conspiratorial scandal under the sun to attempt to hang around the couple's necks. As The Atlantic wrote just a few days ago, no other political figures in American history have spawned "the creation of a permanent multimillion-dollar cottage industry devoted to attacking them." (And this is noteworthy in and of itself when we consider the viciousness with which the right despises any Clinton.) But Hillary always got the worst of it, because, again, she lacked the boyish, "aw-shucks" charm of her husband and because she was seen as the nakedly ambitious one in the Clintons' rocket ride to political stardom, someone who engineered her own political climb through her merely practical marriage to Bill. Whereas we normally think of presidential political scandals as involving the person in office and no one else, Clinton-haters made sure that Hillary was not only lumped in with the president but that she was part of whatever "scheme" they had seized upon and inflated -- so Whitewater and Bill's wandering eye during those early years weren't simply a crisis of character within Bill himself but were also Hillary's problem. They made sure to highlight her involvement in the land deal the GOP attempted to turn into a high crime within the White House and it was her fault her husband was a serial philanderer, as she either caused her husband's infidelity or was corrupt enough to stick by her man amidst the allegations (always cynically and only for the sake of her own political gain).

The list goes on and on: Vince Foster was Hillary Clinton's personal friend, so of course the truth about his suicide in 1993 has given way to myth and conspiracy theory from those who believe Hillary was somehow involved in the death. The more unscrupulous on the right have always peddled that nonsense as proof Hillary has a "body count" attached to her (of which Foster was only one). There was the haranguing over Hillary's "missing law firm records," which was a lot of nothing piled on top of even more nothing. There was "Travelgate," in which routine staff changes in the White House were transformed into accusations of cronyism and in which Hillary was lambasted by Republicans for allegedly using the FBI and IRS to harass the former head of the White House travel office. (Comparable to the modern right's obsession with a phony story about "Obama's IRS" auditing conservative groups.) There was "Filegate," which saw Republicans pillory the Clintons, Hillary in particular, over a minor bureaucratic mix-up in which a Hillary hire at the Office of White House Counsel accessed files he didn't have the authority to. And of course, at the tail end of their time in the White House, Hillary was accused of helping to "loot" the White House on her way out, supposedly shipping materials to the Clintons' new home in Upstate New York.

All of this was investigated and all of it was found to be crap. But Hillary Clinton's ongoing political career only gave her GOP adversaries more alleged controversies to gin-up. She engaged in dirty dealings and then covered them up. She sold secrets to China. Her long-time adviser Huma Abedin was a member of the Muslim Brotherhood and her parents had ties to al-Qaeda. She was involved in the Watergate scandal, for Christ's sake, and had ties to right-wing boogeyman Saul Alinsky. And of course, she personally got four Americans killed in Benghazi and endangered the safety and security of the United States by way of her personal server and e-mail account. She's a lying liar and a cheating cheat. She's a political Cthulu who drives men to madness by sheer force of her inhuman will and absolute malevolence. This is the caricature version of Hillary Clinton the right has carefully cultivated and hammered into the national consciousness for decades now. And if you're a liberal who believes these things about Clinton -- if you see her as anything other than a liberal Democrat who's guilty of nothing more than being a politician with faults and with a plethora of enemies like every other on this planet, including Bernie Sanders -- you've proven that the protracted smear campaign against this woman has worked. You prove that the GOP won a long time ago.

Last edited:

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
" The reality is that Clinton was one of the most liberal members of the Senate during her time there, ranking within ten points of progressive messiah Bernie Sanders and her history as a crusader for progressive causes is precisely what so motivated the GOP to destroy her in the first place. As far as the right was concerned, Clinton stepped far over the line when she pushed for healthcare reform way back in 1993 and her activist past informed a future as a "difficult woman." By the way, it hardly needs to be said but many of the conservative attacks on Clinton throughout the decades have been the product of rank sexism. Men rarely get labeled difficult or abrasive and their general likability isn't often called into question. Those are all buzzwords employed specifically to knock empowered women down a peg. And Hillary Clinton has been subjected to them -- and so much worse -- her entire political career."

Last edited:

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
gop scorn is justified. this woman cannot be trusted with simple security procedures as secretary of state let alone the entire cuntry's national security. there's a reason a "black" phone that encrypts content especially classified email is issued to all sec-of-state personnel, and the exchanges are monitored, protected and recorded within layers of firewalls, intrusion detection/prevention, and vpn with credentialed login and ipsec. it's state-provided and content and use are meant for state business. the device and apps are not as sexy, easy to use and friendly as the iphone. it's based on old school apps and cumbersome graphical user interface. she carried the brick (in fact she made her staff carry it) and seldom use it as she found the iphone handy to use. to make her life easier (she's addicted to social media with free open apps), she got her staff to painstakingly reproduce classified email content from the blackbox to her own personal server in order for her to access them on her personal iphone. why couldn't she just separate her online social life from work life, in fact classified state business? she could easily do this with 2 devices: the black brick for state stuff and her iphone for personal stuff. i've been doing that for a decade, and it's not even classified stuff. business on my android device with a vpn login and personal on my iphone. if tens of thousands of folks can separate and compartmentalize the two, so can she. why not? because she's lazy, feels entitled, special, empowered to the point of callousness, bochap about getting hacked or busted, has total disregard of others' safety and survival (especially those in hostile territory and in deep cover), and thinks she's a queen or royalty, above the law and beyond reproach. this little bad habit of mixing state business with personal stuff on her non-approved device of choice alone disqualifies her to be potus. it's a serious breach of security, and lives and nations are at stake due to her callousness.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Do you think it's a matter of age ? Btw I don't support her too as I think she is so old already to be president. Why can't they get younger people to be candidates?

gop scorn is justified. this woman cannot be trusted with simple security procedures as secretary of state let alone the entire cuntry's national security. there's a reason a "black" phone that encrypts content especially classified email is issued to all sec-of-state personnel, and the exchanges are monitored, protected and recorded within layers of firewalls, intrusion detection/prevention, and vpn with credentialed login and ipsec. it's state-provided and content and use are meant for state business. the device and apps are not as sexy, easy to use and friendly as the iphone. it's based on old school apps and cumbersome graphical user interface. she carried the brick (in fact she made her staff carry it) and seldom use it as she found the iphone handy to use. to make her life easier (she's addicted to social media with free open apps), she got her staff to painstakingly reproduce classified email content from the blackbox to her own personal server in order for her to access them on her personal iphone. why couldn't she just separate her online social life from work life, in fact classified state business? she could easily do this with 2 devices: the black brick for state stuff and her iphone for personal stuff. i've been doing that for a decade, and it's not even classified stuff. business on my android device with a vpn login and personal on my iphone. if tens of thousands of folks can separate and compartmentalize the two, so can she. why not? because she's lazy, feels entitled, special, empowered to the point of callousness, bochap about getting hacked or busted, has total disregard of others' safety and survival (especially those in hostile territory and in deep cover), and thinks she's a queen or royalty, above the law and beyond reproach. this little bad habit of mixing state business with personal stuff on her non-approved device of choice alone disqualifies her to be potus. it's a serious breach of security, and lives and nations are at stake due to her callousness.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Do you think it's a matter of age ? Btw I don't support her too as I think she is so old already to be president. Why can't they get younger people to be candidates?

she's a granny behaving like a teenager playing social media chitchat with her group of supporters. age aside, she's a democrat shoo-in for this election as she came out short the last time against obama. the surprise is the bernie sanders' surge among college students and young democrats. without the many scandals including benghazi and email fiasco, she should already be the presumptive democrat nominee a few months ago. not all democrats trust her, and that is one of many reasons why bernie is beating her in many states. she's very close to getting the 50.1% delegate count, and she will be the presumptive democrat nominee in a couple of weeks. the stock market will bounce if she gets elected and crash if trump gets elected. i stand to lose in my stock investments if trump gets elected, but d.c. and wall street deserve a big shake up, and that's why i'm parking mucho mucho dinero in cash for now and wait out the storm.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
she's a granny behaving like a teenager playing social media chitchat with her group of supporters. age aside, she's a democrat shoo-in for this election as she came out short the last time against obama. the surprise is the bernie sanders' surge among college students and young democrats. without the many scandals including benghazi and email fiasco, she should already be the presumptive democrat nominee a few months ago. not all democrats trust her, and that is one of many reasons why bernie is beating her in many states. she's very close to getting the 50.1% delegate count, and she will be the presumptive democrat nominee in a couple of weeks. the stock market will bounce if she gets elected and crash if trump gets elected. i stand to lose in my stock investments if trump gets elected, but d.c. and wall street deserve a big shake up, and that's why i'm parking mucho mucho dinero in cash for now and wait out the storm.

Yes she is granny while trump is grandpa age. My fucked up ex-boss GM who was a few years younger than them used to sleep half an hour to one hour after lunch in office (while leaving office on the dot or even early and this is not his own business). So i think old people should retire from important top jobs beyond a certain age as they don't have the drive and energy.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes she is granny while trump is grandpa age. My fucked up ex-boss GM who was a few years younger than them used to sleep half an hour to one hour after lunch in office (while leaving office on the dot or even early and this is not his own business). So i think old people should retire from important top jobs beyond a certain age as they don't have the drive and energy.

Useless old people like my fucked up ex-boss GM should retire themselves gracefully from top job and not hang on for power and money refusing to let go and fucked up the work place.