• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Sam Leong Database last night Lao Sai BIG TIME.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
by the fact it went totally off grid off the surface of the earth,i suspect it was a emp bomb by SAF military junta under operation "overlord" in search of weapons of mass defamation.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal
Nothing to do with that error and there was nothing wrong with the database.

It was the hosting company's fault. Their LAN went down while they were upgrading their hardware. Will be given a credit for the downtime.

the LANg jeow must be suffering from ED.

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

It was the hosting company's fault. Their LAN went down while they were upgrading their hardware. Will be given a credit for the downtime.

So Des Ne...:o

New Database error encountered just now:

vBulletin Message
unknown local index 'delta' in search request

Last edited:

Ralders

Alfrescian
Loyal

U got give them a piece of your mind

tun_dr_m

Alfrescian
Loyal
Downed for hours.

Page eventually came back w msg of database error.

OMG! I tot this time Lao Sai until toilet also Pitcha already.

:biggrin:

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
The uptime of this forum has been commendable and the hosts have done a very good job along with the guy who maintains the database.

The last time it was down for more than 30 minutes was something like 5 years ago so I have absolutely nothing to complain about.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Attachments

• sam.jpg
    sam.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 1,131

Count168

Alfrescian
Loyal
The uptime of this forum has been commendable and the hosts have done a very good job along with the guy who maintains the database.

The last time it was down for more than 30 minutes was something like 5 years ago so I have absolutely nothing to complain about.

Repair was quick. Good job, sir ! Keep it up

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

this forum goes down like five times every three or four months and its always a unexpected downtime,never a planned maintenance.

i have a question,why cant u have backup servers for the forum?is it too expensive?whats the cost of running a forum like sammyboy without the sex site?

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
this forum goes down like five times every three or four months and its always a unexpected downtime,never a planned maintenance.

i have a question,why cant u have backup servers for the forum?is it too expensive?whats the cost of running a forum like sammyboy without the sex site?

That is planned maintenance. You will see an "Under maintenance" message during that period. I do monthly maintenance of the database and the forum is down for about 20 minutes while the database maintenance routines are running. I try to do it during off peak hours ie between 5 am to 7 am singapore time.

I have more than sufficient back up copies but if I switch to a backup copy while maintenance is being done I then have to run an additional sync routine just before maintenance and I would therefore have to shut the forum to prevent new posts from being added while the sync is being executed.

Then when the maintenance is complete I would then have to re-sync to add messages that were posted in the backup copy.

Switching to the backup would therefore make very little difference to the actual downtime and would make the whole process more complicated.

It costs about USD400 a month to run this site. This includes hosting as well as tech support costs.

Count168

Alfrescian
Loyal
That is planned maintenance. You will see an "Under maintenance" message during that period. I do monthly maintenance of the database and the forum is down for about 20 minutes while the database maintenance routines are running. I try to do it during off peak hours ie between 5 am to 7 am singapore time.

I have more than sufficient back up copies but if I switch to a backup copy while maintenance is being done I then have to run an additional sync routine just before maintenance and I would therefore have to shut the forum to prevent new posts from being added while the sync is being executed.

Then when the maintenance is complete I would then have to re-sync to add messages that were posted in the backup copy.

Switching to the backup would therefore make very little difference to the actual downtime and would make the whole process more complicated.

It costs about USD400 a month to run this site. This includes hosting as well as tech support costs.

Very professional indeed, Sir