• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious Singaporeans are now forced to give up their Citizenship because of Medishield Life

Victory2016

Alfrescian
Loyal
My sister just told me that she will be giving up her Singapore citizenship. In spite of living in Aussie land for more than 20 years, she retained her Singapore citizenship "just in case" things don't work out.

She finally made her decision to cut off her connection to Singapore when the govt unilaterally deducted several hundred dollars from her CPF to pay for Medishield Life, an insurance scheme she has no need for as she is paying Aussie taxes and is eligible for Aussie Health benefits.
Failure to pay Medishield Life premiums may result in her arrest at the Airport in Singapore.

I seriously wonder how many Singapore citizens living overseas will now revoke their citizenship?
I would not be surprised if it would be in the tens of thousands. I would not be surprised if Pinky's balls would shrink when this happens .....

Victory2016

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Singaporeans are now forced to give up their Citizenship because of Medishield Li

Thanks to the PAP, Singapore will now lose a citizen while Australia will now gain a new one - one with tertiary qualifications and running a clinic with her husband, giving employment to Aussies ....

Victory2016

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Singaporeans are now forced to give up their Citizenship because of Medishield Li

Meanwhile, we take in massage ladies as new citizens ....

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset

My sister just told me that she will be giving up her Singapore citizenship. In spite of living in Aussie land for more than 20 years, she retained her Singapore citizenship "just in case" things don't work out.

She finally made her decision to cut off her connection to Singapore when the govt unilaterally deducted several hundred dollars from her CPF to pay for Medishield Life, an insurance scheme she has no need for as she is paying Aussie taxes and is eligible for Aussie Health benefits.
Failure to pay Medishield Life premiums may result in her arrest at the Airport in Singapore.

I seriously wonder how many Singapore citizens living overseas will now revoke their citizenship?
I would not be surprised if it would be in the tens of thousands. I would not be surprised if Pinky's balls would shrink when this happens .....

Yeah I am giving up mine too for the same reason. I already have 3 passports so I don't need the 4th.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

So after 20 years does she think she can survive as an Australian:biggrin:

Had a friend who didn't hesitate to give up his Spore citizenship because he wanted his CPF back. For males it is also an easier decision because of reservist obligations

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal

No one will be arrested for not paying their Medishield Life Premiums. Not sure why she got the idea. If she wants to giver her citizenship to withdraw the CPF and invest in Australia or elsewhere thats another thing. In fact people migrating would have given up their citizenship and withdraw their CPF to invest in a better home. After 20 years, the value of the home would have risen at least 4 times in Australia.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal

Once you are PR and working in a foreign country, you no longer are required to return for NS reservist. You do not have to give up on your citizenship.

So after 20 years does she think she can survive as an Australian:biggrin:

Had a friend who didn't hesitate to give up his Spore citizenship because he wanted his CPF back. For males it is also an easier decision because of reservist obligations

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Once you are PR and working in a foreign country, you no longer are required to return for NS reservist. You do not have to give up on your citizenship.

The threat of reservist liabilities is a disincentive for Spore males to return to Spore. In fact it was the number one reason my friends & colleagues gave for emigrating. Sporeans are also hampered by their reservist obligations when competing with foreign workers in Spore as these foreigners do not have to do NS/reservist.

Giving up your Spore passport is the only way for Sporeans to get their CPF out.

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

... I seriously wonder how many Singapore citizens living overseas will now revoke their citizenship?
ah loon: (rooks up from his laptop screen) huh, wat? ... x0,000 wanna f**k off? ... tel botak he can bring in mor ahnehs ... (twurns back 2 his programming) ...

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

ah loon: (rooks up from his laptop screen) huh, wat? ... x0,000 wanna f**k off? ... tel botak he can bring in mor ahnehs ... (twurns back 2 his programming) ...

There is no free lunch lah. Otherwise you would have other gov'ts doing the same. When you allow foreigners in you also bring in "problems"

Ah Loon is probably too stupid to realise this but foreigners bring along other baggage with them e.g. racial discrimination, terrorism, resistance against the authorities, crime, ... etc We have already seen riots in little india, illegal strikes by PRC chinese, murders committed by foreigners, traffic accidents by careless foreigners, beggars, prostitutes, ...etc

The authorities are probably hiding many problems. You will notice that when the official media reports a crime they will hide the background of the culprits if foreigners are involved :rolleyes:

rotiprata

Alfrescian
Loyal
Singaporeans are now forced to give up their Citizenship because of Medishield Li

fren:
ur sis, like many 1 leg on 2 stones sinkies abroad should know that there's always a price to pay for doing so... taking from both sides... she is one of the lucky few who has such an opportunity... but luck has finally ran out.. :biggrin:

why she no kpkb when cheng hoo place $$$ into her medisave account every year..

Force 136

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

No one will be arrested for not paying their Medishield Life Premiums. Not sure why she got the idea.

=============
According to the Govt website : "Defaulters will NOT be arrested for failing to pay their MediShield Life premiums.

However, those who have been told that they cannot leave the country until their premiums are paid, but still try to do so, will be arrested."

- See more at: https://www.gov.sg/factually/conten...-medishield-life-premium#sthash.2nvL7SkN.dpuf

Last edited:

shittypore

Alfrescian
Loyal

No one will be arrested for not paying their Medishield Life Premiums. Not sure why she got the idea.

=============
According to the Govt website : "Defaulters will NOT be arrested for failing to pay their MediShield Life premiums.

However, those who have been told that they cannot leave the country until their premiums are paid, but still try to do so, will be arrested."

- See more at: https://www.gov.sg/factually/conten...-medishield-life-premium#sthash.2nvL7SkN.dpuf

She is lucky to have an option to throw away her Shittyzenship.

Force 136

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Essentially, no Citizen will be able to leave Singapore if he owes money to Medishield Life.

It also means Citizens having PR overseas cannot return to Singapore if they don't pay....... so better pay up if you want to visit Singapore and then return home to your family overseas.....

It also means your kids who are Singapore citizens staying in Australia also have to pay or else they cannot visit Singapore to visit their grand parents...... so why pay and then still have to do NS?

Last edited:

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal

Its automatic deduction. If no money in Medisave, no coverage in Medishield Life. They will keep ending letters. You can go in and out of Singapore freely. To stop you leaving they must go thru the process similar to bankrupts.

Essentially, no Citizen will be able to leave the country if he owes money to Medishield Life.

It also means Citizens having PR overseas cannot return to Singapore if they don't pay....... so better pay up if you want to visit Singapore and then return home to your family overseas.....

Last edited:

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset

Its automatic deduction. If no money in Medisave, no coverage in Medishield Life. They will keep ending letters. You can go in and out of Singapore freely. To stop you leaving they must go thru the process similar to bankrupts.

In my case I do have money and it will disappear into Ho Ching's black hole if I don't close my CPF account.

rotiprata

Alfrescian
Loyal
Singaporeans are now forced to give up their Citizenship because of Medishield Li

u haf mixed 1 stone 2 birdies wif 1 leg 2 boats ...

should be ok, as long as 1 can understand the msg;
like TSP said.... 'white cat-black cat not important, as long as.... ' :biggrin:

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal

Thats the reason why many immediately give up their Singapore citizenship to withdraw their CPF as he always get better returns elsewhere. The other reason is the international protocol followed by many countries where a dual citizen will lose protection and consular help and service if they are in trouble in a country where they are citizen. Someone holding both UK citizenship and Singapore citizenship will lose the Uk support if they land in trouble in Singapore. Only the NGOs line Amnesty International will make noise.

Anyway, any foreigner that enters Singapore can get access to a range of resources and help from the Govt and GLCs at a drop of a hat. So why bother holding on to it.

I can understand why Singapore ladies married to Expats and foreigners loathe to give up their citizenship and it makes sense. The other good reason to hold on to the Singapore citizenship if you have enough money and no need to touch CPF is the Singapore passport is gold in terms of not needing visas for many countries. No other country I believe can match it.

In my case I do have money and it will disappear into Ho Ching's black hole if I don't close my CPF account.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

No one will be arrested for not paying their Medishield Life Premiums. Not sure why she got the idea. If she wants to giver her citizenship to withdraw the CPF and invest in Australia or elsewhere thats another thing. In fact people migrating would have given up their citizenship and withdraw their CPF to invest in a better home. After 20 years, the value of the home would have risen at least 4 times in Australia.

"The Government will only consider premium recovery measures if sustained outreach to the individual has been wilfully ignored over a significant period of time. One of these measures is the imposition of travel restrictions out of Singapore for wilful defaulters. Such a restriction may be imposed on wilful defaulters as a last resort. If an individual who has been imposed with travel restriction tries to violate such restrictions and flee, he can be arrested."

"Non-payment of premiums in itself is not an offence that will lead to imprisonment"

Yup....no one will be arrested.....you try to flee & don't pay....YOU WILL BE ARRESTED....can they say, you flee to Australia for 20 years to avoid paying the fees....ha ha ha ok! lah!....5 months , since the payment only started on Jan 2016...

Just throw the stinktothecore citizenship is you can.....