• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious Singaporeans are now forced to give up their Citizenship because of Medishield Life

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: Singaporeans are now forced to give up their Citizenship because of Medishield Li

what's with rajamuthi these days after losing his sg citizenship? is he also stateless like mr. ogawa ryuju?

image.jpg

http://news.asiaone.com/News/The+New+Paper/Story/A1Story20090104-112246.html

Man loses S'pore citizenship

By Arul John

HIS mother blames herself for being forgetful. And the result of her forgetfulness is that her son now has no country to call his own.
Mr Vadiveloo Rajamuthi was born in Malaysia, but has lived in Singapore since he was 3.

He claims he did not know he had to take an oath of renunciation, allegiance and loyalty after turning 21 if he wanted to remain a Singapore citizen.

His mother, Madam Karuppayee Arumugam, got a written reminder, but forgot to tell him about it.

That lapse caused Mr Vadiveloo to lose his Singapore citizenship in 2003 and he is now stateless.

Mr Vadiveloo, who does odd jobs, now lives here with a Special Pass from the Immigration and Checkpoints Authority (ICA), which is renewed annually.

Two appeals to ICA for citizenship or permanent residence were unsuccessful, and his family now hopes an appeal to the Ministry of Home Affairs will help.

Mr Vadiveloo was born in Johor Baru on 24 Jan 1976, and was registered as a Singapore citizen in 1980.

His father, a Singaporean, was working in Johor at the time of his birth. Mr Vadiveloo's elder brother, MrMurugan, 34, was born in Singapore and is a Singapore citizen.

In 1979, the family moved back to Singapore.

Mr Vadiveloo said he got a Singapore IC when he turned 16 and it was a pink one.

After finishing his National Service in 1996, he worked at various jobs. He last worked full-time as a security guard for a firm near Jurong Island.

Madam Karuppayee, 58, said that in 1997, she received a registered letter at the three-room HDB flat she and Mr Vadiveloo share near Balestier Road.

She said: 'I signed for the letter but did not know what it was for. A relative later told me that it was from the Immigration Department and was for Vadiveloo.

'My son was working near Jurong Island and did not come home every day. When he came home, I forgot to tell him about the letter as I was not well at the time.'

ICA practice is to send a second reminder if no action is taken after the first letter (see report at right), but mother and son claim they did not receive any other letters from ICA.

Information about the need to take the oath is also written on Mr Vadiveloo's citizenship certificate, but he said he never read it thoroughly.

Between 23 Jun 1998 and 26 Apr 2003, Mr Vadiveloo was in jail for robbery. During that time, Madam Karuppayee said, ICA called her and told her that Mr Vadiveloo had not taken his oath, despite it having sent a letter to her home informing him of the need to do so.

No longer citizen

Madam Karuppayee claims that she told the officer that she did not give the letter to him then and he was now in jail.

After Mr Vadiveloo was released from jail, he was shocked to be given a special pass instead of his pink NRIC.

He said: 'The ICA officers said I was no longer a Singapore citizen because I did not take the oath. When employers see my pass, they don't want to hire me because they do not know my citizenship.

'I cannot easily travel because of the restrictions of the pass.'

UltimaOnline

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Re: Singaporeans are now forced to give up their Citizenship because of Medishield Li

The other reason is the international protocol followed by many countries where a dual citizen will lose protection and consular help and service if they are in trouble in a country where they are citizen. Someone holding both UK citizenship and Singapore citizenship will lose the Uk support if they land in trouble in Singapore.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to scroobal again.

UltimaOnline

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

what is with ogawa ryuju these days? is he stateless or is he still in sg? what's with rajamuthi these days after losing his sg citizenship? is he also stateless like mr. ogawa ryuju?

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to eatshitndie again.

STUCK_HERE

Alfrescian
Loyal

Źzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzxxxxxxxxx

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

There are many sinkies who worked abroad and hope benefit instantly from our superb healthcare the moment they return back to Singapore. Why should they get a free ride? They should be made to pay their premiums regardless where they reside, just as US citizens pay taxes to Uncle Sam regardless where they work.

If you are living overseas & become ill, will the PAP allow you to use MediShield Life to cover the cost of treatment?

lifeafter41

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

If you are living overseas & become ill, will the PAP allow you to use MediShield Life to cover the cost of treatment?

Please come back for treatment......