• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Chee to succeed, the approach

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Chee is a good man with a good cause but it is not that Singapore is short of opposition politicians and the ruling government is doing badly. If there is no one else, then Chee has good chance. But Chee's failure is his own doing, what he did in parliament (falsifying data and contempt of parliament) caused his own downfall. He has his chance but failed to prove his worth and should move on.
Why are sinkees so quick to accept the PAP's BS? Are sinkees that stupid?

The good news is SDP is not the only opposition party in Singapore, so if Chee refuse to move on, there are still other choices. He is not in the same league as Nelson Mandela, ang sung soo. Those national heroes have 100% support from the people. Chee and the SDP has only 3.76% of support from Singaporeans, based on GE 2015 results.
There are few politicians who dare to take on the PAP. The existing opposition MPs are a bunch of cowards; they let the PAP run them.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Chee did not win in GE2015. That was ok, because it was a GE. But when he cannot win a by-election where the PAP MP resigned in disgrace, he is damaged goods for life. And this is his 5th attempt and he is the leader of an opposition party. He is a laughing stock and has no moral grounds to continue to contest again when a nobody like LLL can win a by-election in PE. For that, Chee is wasting Singaporeans time and not contributing to the opposition cause.
The assumption made is that Chee is damaged goods and that elections are fair. An idiot can tell you that there is no fairness when the election is run by the PMO. Chee is a threat and the PM would not want him to be in parliament. The group of WP MPs are just harmless poodles which the PAP use as whipping boy for entertainment.

It is not the victim card or donation issue that prevents Chee from getting elected. It is his wild and colorful past that is the issue. This is a man that is charged for lying, falsifying data and contempt of parliament and he is trying to get into public office. This would be no different than a person who has a criminal record and trying to apply for an officer job at a bank or MNC. This is a man who would not admit he made a mistake when he was charged with lying and falsifying data, instead he deny and was evasive. For that, he was charged with contempt of parliament. That was his biggest mistake and that was what drove the nail to his political career.
Only idiots accept that PAP POV with our critical analysis.

This wild and colorful past will resurface again in the next election. Chee can never escape that and Singaporeans are not that cheap, they may want opposition, but they want good politicians and not some one who has a wild and colorful past. There are always new people like Lim Tean, Daniel Goh, Leon Perera, Chong Wai Fung, Paul Tambyah with no wild and colorful past. That is why Chee cannot win the BB BE.
Chee should forget fighting the PAP in pre-determined elections; instead Chee should take the PAP headon and internationalized the falsehood of this government. And Chee should be prepared to die for the cause.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Trust scroobal to do the opposition in. He portrays himself as supportive of the opposition but in actuality, he is indirectly attacking the opposition.
His latest advice to Chee is a prime example. Chee did nothing wrong, so why should he apologize? If you buy into Scroobal's advice, then it is an acknowledgment that Chee deserved to be fired from his academic position.
An analytical sinkee will see through Scroobal.

I don't buy into any advice. I simply like seeing threads which stir debate and bring out the best in others.

fanta

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why are sinkees so quick to accept the PAP's BS? Are sinkees that stupid?

There are few politicians who dare to take on the PAP. The existing opposition MPs are a bunch of cowards; they let the PAP run them.

Chee is welcome to challenge the PAP's assertion of events. He did not and will not, thus confirming the PAP's allegations.

Singapore is not short of politicians: Daniel Goh, Lim Tean, Leon Perera, Paul Tambyah, etc. They can do what Chee can do.

Singapore is not worse off without Chee wasting Singaporean's time.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Chee is welcome to challenge the PAP's assertion of events. He did not and will not, thus confirming the PAP's allegations.

Singapore is not short of politicians: Daniel Goh, Lim Tean, Leon Perera, Paul Tambyah, etc. They can do what Chee can do.

Singapore is not worse off without Chee wasting Singaporean's time.

I am still puzzled why Lim tean chose the nsp.
He is a bright chap.

fanta

Alfrescian
Loyal
He is a bright chap.

I did reply your question in the other thread.

Here is it anyway:

He is probably there not by choice but probably the best decision for him.

Where else can he go?

SDP: Have to be under CSJ who seems to autocratic and if he does join SDP, he has to be associated with CSJ's wild and colorful past and probably has to defend them like PT defended CSJ. Not every Cambridge-educated lawyer wants to be associated with a party that is charged with lying, falsifying of data and contempt of parliament.

WP: Have to be under LTK as well as the big wigs of PS, SL and if he does join WP, he has to be associated with WP's hawker scandal of overcharging hakwers and town council mess. Not every Cambridge-educated lawyer wants to be associated with a such scandals and town council mess.

RP: Another autocratic leader under KJ. He will not be able to shine with KJ on top of him.

SPP: Yet another autocratic party under Chiam and Lina. This is a family business party. No way anyone can have political career advancement under Chiam and Lina. Look at Benjamin, he has no choice but to leave if he want to succeed in politics.

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
He is a bright chap.

To be frank, I was impressed by Lim Tean. He was articulate but does not speak in a high brow or arrogant tone. His speeches are easy to follow and make a lot of sense. Was very focussed on the issues close to the hearts of Singaporeans especially the FT issue.

People like him need a credible party to operate but outside WP, you don't really find anything suitable. Join GMS or KJ? No way! NSP is also very open about who it recruits. I would say that LT simply chose the least bad of the options. But he would eventually be hampered by the upper management who may not be acting in the opposition's interest.

I wonder if he tried to join WP.

scroobye

Alfrescian
Loyal
go and tell Dr chee yourself lah... post in the forum for fuck!!!! or you got no fucking balls to face him and look at him in the eye.

if you can point out so many faults of a party , then why don't you go fucking form a political party yourself.. no balls to do it????

hahaha....TS is really an attention seeking whore aka empty vessel.....
1 BB BE, he can start tens of threads.......
CSJ in politics for more than 2 decades.....still got so many new things to post meh????
always chut same pattern....blah, blah , blah....rehashing old items like broken down record player....

It's easy to criticise but if you think scroobal's threads are useless why don't you start a few threads and give us an example of what a good thread should contain.

I'm sure your threads will be refreshing, entertaining, varied and popular given your talent. People won't bother with scroobal's threads anymore if they have much better stuff from you to read.

May I remind you this is a thread started as chit chat and not serious which means kuku has every right to critique him. Also Scroobal can speak for himself if he does not reply to kuku it means he has no issue at all,may i ask you were kuku to start a new thread and someone criticized him would you come in to defend him? I would assume no.
Why the double standards?

i want to spend time bashing scroobal and agreeing with kukubird but i have to agree with him on one point which ill expand upon later,although he is a long winded repetitious sonofabitch who tries to present his arguments in a seeming intelligent non partisan "neutral" manner,its kinda obvious after a while that his reports are slanted and biased and tilted against a certain faction.it gets under ur skin the more u read it the more u want to smash ur keyboard in.but it also raises a crucial factor,sometimes important points might go unnoticed or overlooked on this forum since this forum is filled with hordes of asskissers and adoring fans who have a tendency of deep throating and sucking every drop of sperm out of their idols' balls(some do it without even knowing why like tonychat) and go goo goo ga ga and fail to be objective and impartial in their "support"....

yes i agree with scroobal that chee soo juan is a megalomaniac.....for him to persist and continue down this path after being a professional loser for 23 consequtive years is ludicrous and beyond insanity,at this point i dont think it is altruistic reasons that he is carrying this on anymore,if the people u are trying to help are this obstinate and stubborn,even the most patient human being would have given up by now,clearly these people do not deserve it....clearly its not patience thats propelling him now,its purely ego and pride at this point,and the fact that this is his life's work and the purpose of his existence,to deny it would be to deny his identity and existence.after 23 years of defeat mind you,he may have started out with a cause but that old chee soo juan is long gone,the only thing left is a empty shell and a darkness and hatred,a monster of a concoction of hatred,anger,misery,failure and frustration,a dark side like star wars......as is evident by the psychosis he displayed from his obssession and deep wound with chiam see tong.

it may be unfair to blame chee soo juan for his "failure" but remember he has had plenty of opportunities to participate in multiple elections for the past 23 years,more elections then ang sung soo and nelson mandela ever did.

I guess you better get ready to be trolled by his clones or get banned.

Trust scroobal to do the opposition in. He portrays himself as supportive of the opposition but in actuality, he is indirectly attacking the opposition.
His latest advice to Chee is a prime example. Chee did nothing wrong, so why should he apologize? If you buy into Scroobal's advice, then it is an acknowledgment that Chee deserved to be fired from his academic position.

You too get ready to be banned or trolled by clones

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
May I remind you this is a thread started as chit chat and not serious which means kuku has every right to critique him. Also Scroobal can speak for himself if he does not reply to kuku it means he has no issue at all,may i ask you were kuku to start a new thread and someone criticized him would you come in to defend him? I would assume no.
Why the double standards?

There's no double standards and he has every right to critique. I never said otherwise.

All I was asking was to him to give me an example of what a good thread should be like by starting one himself.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
To be frank, I was impressed by Lim Tean. He was articulate but does not speak in a high brow or arrogant tone. His speeches are easy to follow and make a lot of sense. Was very focussed on the issues close to the hearts of Singaporeans especially the FT issue.

People like him need a credible party to operate but outside WP, you don't really find anything suitable. Join GMS or KJ? No way! NSP is also very open about who it recruits. I would say that LT simply chose the least bad of the options. But he would eventually be hampered by the upper management who may not be acting in the opposition's interest.

I wonder if he tried to join WP.

his best option was to join jeanette in the last GE. imagine a grc team with lim tean, jeanette and paul.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
I know and it would have been great. I remember attending a panel discussion where someone said that gone are the days when people keen to enter politics are required to do the "long march". They have their respective careers and the responsibilities and in this time and age where speed is the essence, new models of participation must emerge. This is especially so of professionals who are at a senior levels. I agree.

his best option was to join jeanette in the last GE. imagine a grc team with lim tean, jeanette and paul.

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
1. Acknowledge that errors were made 2 decades ago. People are forgiving but are not forgiving when a person twist and turn and claims that they are proud of their achievements. It will also stop the constant baiting by the PAP and the press.

2. Leave SDP and form a new party. Its just an admin exercise. The name SDP for Chee is just bad memories. Its will forever sever the links to the Chiam and the party association and the past.

3. Identify and recruit quality ethnic Chinese capable to form the CEC, speak at rallies and even stand as candidates. Put a plan to retain them. There is absolutely no one fitting that description in the CEC or the party membership currently. It must have been glaringly obvious to the public that with a majority of circa 74% of ethnic Chinese in society, none came forward. The SDP Rally showed this weakness in all its glory.

4. Seek psychological help. Its obvious that traits of being an ego maniac are present. The fact that Wong Wee Nam can play him like a fiddle is evident.

5. Seek some sort of formal employment and stop living on donations. There must be a clarity of the occupation. Being the Party Sec Gen with income from research, books etc seems unclear and less than transparent. If you cannot a find a job even as a taxi driver which many well qualified citizens are doing questions will continued to be asked and affects credibility. Even during the rally, SDP members in their respective speeches gave all sorts of occupation from author, researcher, etc Even Chee struggled to explain himself.

6. Stop promoting and selling books during political rallies. It goes down very poorly. It should not be used as an opportunity to gain income. It exploits the gullible party members and the resources of the Party.

7. Move away from playing the victim and sympathy card. We need strong people to take on the PAP. Using the family is a double edge sword. Using your children to hit back at the PAP knowing full well that Dhamanhuri and Sadasivam opened the floodgates and after Paul Thambyah received assurance form Tharman was poor judgement and does indeed reeks of hypocrisy. Playing the martyr and evoking the name of Mandela and Gandhi did not work in the past. Playing to the international gallery also did not work. And GE 2015 showed that these were mistakes and were avoided. The same with the sympathy card, get rid of it.

8. Form a council of advisors. There are quality and qualified people that are prepared to strategise and guide opposition candidates but are not prepared to be opposition party members. Every time I attend one of the conferences and talks organised by organisations like Institute of Policy Studies etc, the majority are clearly prepared to help the opposition and to see a truly democratic society. Old man has passed on. Operation Spectrum that took out JBJ's advisors and non party helpers will no longer be tolerated by some members of the new cabinet.

9. Come clean on the party and personal donations. Too many questions. People till this day have no idea which part of the donations are going to the Party and which to the individual. And it is over 20 years. Its like our CPF and Temasek - really hazy. Better still avoid getting into this mess in the first place.

10. "Chee Soon Juan" like it or not is a brand name. Everyone in Singapore knows the brand. It may not be good and acceptable brand at the moment but people are aware of it, it forces headlines and draws attention. It makes sense to develop it into a credible brand.

No need 10 points:

If he wants to enter parliament, resign from SDP and stand as an independent.

yahoo55

Alfrescian
Loyal

It is a terrible idea for Dr Chee to quit SDP to form another party, both he and SDP would be much worse off. There are already too many opposition parties, why create another one??

I find that SDP should revert to the old opposition strategy of targeting SMCs for the next GE, whereby their strongest candidates contest in SMCs. Dr Chee remains in Bukit Batok and Dr Tambyah contest in Bukit Panjang SMC. The whole focus for SDP is to win a SMC foothold first, similar to what LTK and WP did in Hougang, and establish their town council.

For the next election, I really hope Dr Tambyah contest in a SMC.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not sure if you recall the incident where SDP invited 2 staff from US Embassy to attend screening of a yet to be approved film and the 2 turned up.

he is history! for the past 23-24 yrs, he kept us safe from foreigners. no hendrickson affairs till now. 3 cheers for juan!