• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Chee to succeed, the approach

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
1. Acknowledge that errors were made 2 decades ago. People are forgiving but are not forgiving when a person twist and turn and claims that they are proud of their achievements. It will also stop the constant baiting by the PAP and the press.

2. Leave SDP and form a new party. Its just an admin exercise. The name SDP for Chee is just bad memories. Its will forever sever the links to the Chiam and the party association and the past.

3. Identify and recruit quality ethnic Chinese capable to form the CEC, speak at rallies and even stand as candidates. Put a plan to retain them. There is absolutely no one fitting that description in the CEC or the party membership currently. It must have been glaringly obvious to the public that with a majority of circa 74% of ethnic Chinese in society, none came forward. The SDP Rally showed this weakness in all its glory.

4. Seek psychological help. Its obvious that traits of being an ego maniac are present. The fact that Wong Wee Nam can play him like a fiddle is evident.

5. Seek some sort of formal employment and stop living on donations. There must be a clarity of the occupation. Being the Party Sec Gen with income from research, books etc seems unclear and less than transparent. If you cannot a find a job even as a taxi driver which many well qualified citizens are doing questions will continued to be asked and affects credibility. Even during the rally, SDP members in their respective speeches gave all sorts of occupation from author, researcher, etc Even Chee struggled to explain himself.

6. Stop promoting and selling books during political rallies. It goes down very poorly. It should not be used as an opportunity to gain income. It exploits the gullible party members and the resources of the Party.

7. Move away from playing the victim and sympathy card. We need strong people to take on the PAP. Using the family is a double edge sword. Using your children to hit back at the PAP knowing full well that Dhamanhuri and Sadasivam opened the floodgates and after Paul Thambyah received assurance form Tharman was poor judgement and does indeed reeks of hypocrisy. Playing the martyr and evoking the name of Mandela and Gandhi did not work in the past. Playing to the international gallery also did not work. And GE 2015 showed that these were mistakes and were avoided. The same with the sympathy card, get rid of it.

8. Form a council of advisors. There are quality and qualified people that are prepared to strategise and guide opposition candidates but are not prepared to be opposition party members. Every time I attend one of the conferences and talks organised by organisations like Institute of Policy Studies etc, the majority are clearly prepared to help the opposition and to see a truly democratic society. Old man has passed on. Operation Spectrum that took out JBJ's advisors and non party helpers will no longer be tolerated by some members of the new cabinet.

9. Come clean on the party and personal donations. Too many questions. People till this day have no idea which part of the donations are going to the Party and which to the individual. And it is over 20 years. Its like our CPF and Temasek - really hazy. Better still avoid getting into this mess in the first place.

10. "Chee Soon Juan" like it or not is a brand name. Everyone in Singapore knows the brand. It may not be good and acceptable brand at the moment but people are aware of it, it forces headlines and draws attention. It makes sense to develop it into a credible brand.

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
1. do not find lawyers to join politics. These scumbag professions are trained for greed on the money. Look at this SB lawyer LKY 'what is wrong collecting more money, legally'.

2. Find professionals in each fields such as engineers for constructions, accountants for finance and business people to create businesses opportunities. Gone are the days where Ah Beng and Ah Kau can become politicians, jiak leow bee.

3. Do not accept scholars from SAF or civil servants. People already dislike PAP for sourcing only from SAF.

If want to bluff also know how to bluff. chutt new pattern mah!.

1. Acknowledge that errors were made 2 decades ago. People are forgiving but are not forgiving when a person twist and turn and claims that they are proud of their achievements. It will also stop the constant baiting by the PAP and the press.

2. Leave SDP and form a new party. Its just an admin exercise. The name SDP for Chee is just bad memories. Its will forever sever the links to the Chiam and the party association and the past.

3. Identify and recruit quality ethnic Chinese capable to form the CEC, speak at rallies and even stand as candidates. Put a plan to retain them. There is absolutely no one fitting that description in the CEC or the party membership currently. It must have been glaringly obvious to the public that with a majority of circa 74% of ethnic Chinese in society, none came forward. The SDP Rally showed this weakness in all its glory.

4. Seek psychological help. Its obvious that traits of being an ego maniac are present. The fact that Wong Wee Nam can play him like a fiddle is evident.

5. Seek some sort of formal employment and stop living on donations. There must be a clarity of the occupation. Being the Party Sec Gen with income from research, books etc seems unclear and less than transparent. If you cannot a find a job even as a taxi driver which many well qualified citizens are doing questions will continued to be asked and affects credibility. Even during the rally, SDP members in their respective speeches gave all sorts of occupation from author, researcher, etc Even Chee struggled to explain himself.

6. Stop promoting and selling books during political rallies. It goes down very poorly. It should not be used as an opportunity to gain income. It exploits the gullible party members and the resources of the Party.

7. Move away from playing the victim and sympathy card. We need strong people to take on the PAP. Using the family is a double edge sword. Using your children to hit back at the PAP knowing full well that Dhamanhuri and Sadasivam opened the floodgates and after Paul Thambyah received assurance form Tharman was poor judgement and does indeed reeks of hypocrisy. Playing the martyr and evoking the name of Mandela and Gandhi did not work in the past. Playing to the international gallery also did not work. And GE 2015 showed that these were mistakes and were avoided. The same with the sympathy card, get rid of it.

8. Form a council of advisors. There are quality and qualified people that are prepared to strategise and guide opposition candidates but are not prepared to be opposition party members. Every time I attend one of the conferences and talks organised by organisations like Institute of Policy Studies etc, the majority are clearly prepared to help the opposition and to see a truly democratic society. Old man has passed on. Operation Spectrum that took out JBJ's advisors and non party helpers will no longer be tolerated by some members of the new cabinet.

9. Come clean on the party and personal donations. Too many questions. People till this day have no idea which part of the donations are going to the Party and which to the individual. And it is over 20 years. Its like our CPF and Temasek - really hazy. Better still avoid getting into this mess in the first place.

10. "Chee Soon Juan" like it or not is a brand name. Everyone in Singapore knows the brand. It may not be good and acceptable brand at the moment but people are aware of it, it forces headlines and draws attention. It makes sense to develop it into a credible brand.

enterprise2

Alfrescian
Loyal
Aiya! Chee should just swallow his pride and join WP. Think they can work out a role for him. If Obama can work with Hillary and even Hillary has not ruled out picking Sanders for VP. Heck! There's even talk of Trump/Sanders ticket. And Man U has engaged Mourinho over 'many directors dead bodies'.
Think all the Opp should unite under one Party. If they don't, they can never take on the PAP on their own!

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
go and tell Dr chee yourself lah... post in the forum for fuck!!!! or you got no fucking balls to face him and look at him in the eye.

if you can point out so many faults of a party , then why don't you go fucking form a political party yourself.. no balls to do it????

kukubird59

Alfrescian
Loyal
hahaha....TS is really an attention seeking whore aka empty vessel.....
1 BB BE, he can start tens of threads.......
CSJ in politics for more than 2 decades.....still got so many new things to post meh????
always chut same pattern....blah, blah , blah....rehashing old items like broken down record player....

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
hahaha....TS is really an attention seeking whore aka empty vessel.....
1 BB BE, he can start tens of threads.......
CSJ in politics for more than 2 decades.....still got so many new things to post meh????
always chut same pattern....blah, blah , blah....rehashing old items like broken down record player....

It's easy to criticise but if you think scroobal's threads are useless why don't you start a few threads and give us an example of what a good thread should contain.

I'm sure your threads will be refreshing, entertaining, varied and popular given your talent. People won't bother with scroobal's threads anymore if they have much better stuff from you to read.

Dreamer1

Alfrescian
Loyal
It's easy to criticise but if you think scroobal's threads are useless why don't you start a few threads and give us an example of what a good thread should contain.

I'm sure your threads will be refreshing, entertaining, varied and popular given your talent. People won't bother with scroobal's threads anymore if they have much better stuff from you to read.

Yes, boss, I agree with you, I am here to read interesting stuff, thank you. Brother Scroobl's threads are interesting although I do not agree with him all of the time.

Dreamer1

Alfrescian
Loyal
Aiya! Chee should just swallow his pride and join WP. Think they can work out a role for him. If Obama can work with Hillary and even Hillary has not ruled out picking Sanders for VP. Heck! There's even talk of Trump/Sanders ticket. And Man U has engaged Mourinho over 'many directors dead bodies'.
Think all the Opp should unite under one Party. If they don't, they can never take on the PAP on their own!

One of the sensible suggestion, yes, indeed, he could go join WP, in fact, if one is really serious to fight PAP, unity is the only way, otherwise, we are in BIG trouble!!!!!!! Chee would do well if he can accept the leadership of WP and inject his dynamism to WP as well.

Last edited:

kukubird59

Alfrescian
Loyal

hahaha....agree it is easy to criticize but unless u are genuinely dumb, u should be able to see that 90% of Scroobal's threads/posts were criticizing other people with character assassination dropped in...in the name of providing insights....
I had said before....everybody is entitled to his opinions but if u state a fact and could not back it up....then I cannot be accused of criticizing u when I asked for clarifications......
e.g. if u claimed there are 5 full time PAP MP and cannot name them, what does that means????

Dreamer1

Alfrescian
Loyal
31 Words For Idiot In Chinese
1. 白痴 báichī – An idiot. Can also mean idiocy as a disease.

2. 傻子 shǎzi – Idiot. Less formal.

3. 呆子 dāizi – Same as 傻子 shǎzi.

4. 愚人 yúrén – Idiot in 书面语 shūmiànyǔ (formal/written language); literary register.

5. 蠢货 chǔnhuò – Idiot, a “stupid commodity”. Used as a term of abuse.
-------------
http://carlgene.com/blog/2010/08/31-words-for-idiot-in-chinese/

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
hahaha....agree it is easy to criticize but unless u are genuinely dumb, u should be able to see that 90% of Scroobal's threads/posts were criticizing other people with character assassination dropped in...in the name of providing insights....
I had said before....everybody is entitled to his opinions but if u state a fact and could not back it up....then I cannot be accused of criticizing u when I asked for clarifications......
e.g. if u claimed there are 5 full time PAP MP and cannot name them, what does that means????

I'm not talking about scroobal's posts I'm just asking for some insightful threads from you to help the forum since your intellect is apparently far better.:smile:

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i want to spend time bashing scroobal and agreeing with kukubird but i have to agree with him on one point which ill expand upon later,although he is a long winded repetitious sonofabitch who tries to present his arguments in a seeming intelligent non partisan "neutral" manner,its kinda obvious after a while that his reports are slanted and biased and tilted against a certain faction.it gets under ur skin the more u read it the more u want to smash ur keyboard in.but it also raises a crucial factor,sometimes important points might go unnoticed or overlooked on this forum since this forum is filled with hordes of asskissers and adoring fans who have a tendency of deep throating and sucking every drop of sperm out of their idols' balls(some do it without even knowing why like tonychat) and go goo goo ga ga and fail to be objective and impartial in their "support"....

yes i agree with scroobal that chee soo juan is a megalomaniac.....for him to persist and continue down this path after being a professional loser for 23 consequtive years is ludicrous and beyond insanity,at this point i dont think it is altruistic reasons that he is carrying this on anymore,if the people u are trying to help are this obstinate and stubborn,even the most patient human being would have given up by now,clearly these people do not deserve it....clearly its not patience thats propelling him now,its purely ego and pride at this point,and the fact that this is his life's work and the purpose of his existence,to deny it would be to deny his identity and existence.after 23 years of defeat mind you,he may have started out with a cause but that old chee soo juan is long gone,the only thing left is a empty shell and a darkness and hatred,a monster of a concoction of hatred,anger,misery,failure and frustration,a dark side like star wars......as is evident by the psychosis he displayed from his obssession and deep wound with chiam see tong.

it may be unfair to blame chee soo juan for his "failure" but remember he has had plenty of opportunities to participate in multiple elections for the past 23 years,more elections then ang sung soo and nelson mandela ever did.

Last edited:

fanta

Alfrescian
Loyal

That is an excellent idea. CSJ will never get an endorsement from Chiam because in Chiam's view, Chee has taken/stolen all the hardwork (the party, party members, assets, funds, trademarks, etc) Chiam has worked for over the years. There is much resentment on Chiam's and Lina's part, so much that they state they don't endorse Chee publicly. That is 100% loss of face to CSJ. And CSJ stupidly try to use Chiam's photo to try to mislead the people into thinking he has the support of Chiam.

Forming his own party remove this problem that he faced. With his own party, these three groups of people can no longer attack Chee on the Chiam's issue:

1. Chaim and Lina - can no longer say they don't endorse CSJ to discredit CSJ and hurt his chances
2. Anti-SDP camp from the opposition
3. The PAP

Dreamer1

Alfrescian
Loyal
that old chee soo juan is long gone,the only thing left is a empty shell and a darkness and hatred,a monster of a concoction of hatred,anger,misery,failure and frustration,a dark side like star wars......as is evident by the psychosis he displayed from his obssession and deep wound with chiam see tong.

it may be unfair to blame chee soo juan for his "failure" but remember he has had plenty of opportunities to participate in multiple elections for the past 23 years,more elections then ang sung soo and nelson mandela ever did.

@Brother frenchbriefs, I follow Chee through SDP's site but I do not get that impression, so I believe that he is a true Christian as he claimed, how, where do u get that impression? Thank u.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
@Brother frenchbriefs, I follow Chee through SDP's site but I do not get that impression, so I believe that he is a true Christian as he claimed, how, where do u get that impression? Thank u.

his public announcement after the election trying to clarify his relationship between chiam and him clearly shows that there is a deep wound festering and he feels that it has a huge part to play in his "failures".......although the reasons for his failure may be unspecified and totally unrelated.

fanta

Alfrescian
Loyal
Chee did not win in GE2015. That was ok, because it was a GE. But when he cannot win a by-election where the PAP MP resigned in disgrace, he is damaged goods for life. And this is his 5th attempt and he is the leader of an opposition party. He is a laughing stock and has no moral grounds to continue to contest again when a nobody like LLL can win a by-election in PE. For that, Chee is wasting Singaporeans time and not contributing to the opposition cause.

It is not the victim card or donation issue that prevents Chee from getting elected. It is his wild and colorful past that is the issue. This is a man that is charged for lying, falsifying data and contempt of parliament and he is trying to get into public office. This would be no different than a person who has a criminal record and trying to apply for an officer job at a bank or MNC. This is a man who would not admit he made a mistake when he was charged with lying and falsifying data, instead he deny and was evasive. For that, he was charged with contempt of parliament. That was his biggest mistake and that was what drove the nail to his political career.

zsiszYj.png

This wild and colorful past will resurface again in the next election. Chee can never escape that and Singaporeans are not that cheap, they may want opposition, but they want good politicians and not some one who has a wild and colorful past. There are always new people like Lim Tean, Daniel Goh, Leon Perera, Chong Wai Fung, Paul Tambyah with no wild and colorful past. That is why Chee cannot win the BB BE.

[video=youtube;T6IExcNVg_g]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6IExcNVg_g[/video]

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
I just can't belief this has gone on for such a long time. There is too much bad blood between both sides. And to your point, others who want to use the split to add more fuel will not longer find the excuse.

A chap once told me that it would not happen when this was discussed in the past. He said that Chee would not do it. I asked him to explain and he told me that Chee has a history of refusing to acknowledge mistakes and this to him would be admission of a mistake.

That is an excellent idea. CSJ will never get an endorsement from Chiam because in Chiam's view, Chee has taken/stolen all the hardwork (the party, party members, assets, funds, trademarks, etc) Chiam has worked for over the years. There is much resentment on Chiam's and Lina's part, so much that they state they don't endorse Chee publicly. That is 100% loss of face to CSJ. And CSJ stupidly try to use Chiam's photo to try to mislead the people into thinking he has the support of Chiam.

Forming his own party remove this problem that he faced. With his own party, these three groups of people can no longer attack Chee on the Chiam's issue:

1. Chaim and Lina - can no longer say they don't endorse CSJ to discredit CSJ and hurt his chances
2. Anti-SDP camp from the opposition
3. The PAP

fanta

Alfrescian
Loyal
yes i agree with scroobal that chee soo juan is a megalomaniac.....for him to persist and continue down this path after being a professional loser for 23 consequtive years is ludicrous and beyond insanity,at this point i dont think it is altruistic reasons that he is carrying this on anymore,if the people u are trying to help are this obstinate and stubborn,even the most patient human being would have given up by now,clearly these people do not deserve it....clearly its not patience thats propelling him now,its purely ego and pride at this point,and the fact that this is his life's work and the purpose of his existence,to deny it would be to deny his identity and existence.after 23 years of defeat mind you,he may have started out with a cause but that old chee soo juan is long gone,the only thing left is a empty shell and a darkness and hatred,a monster of a concoction of hatred,anger,misery,failure and frustration,a dark side like star wars......as is evident by the psychosis he displayed from his obssession and deep wound with chiam see tong.

Chee is a good man with a good cause but it is not that Singapore is short of opposition politicians and the ruling government is doing badly. If there is no one else, then Chee has good chance. But Chee's failure is his own doing, what he did in parliament (falsifying data and contempt of parliament) caused his own downfall. He has his chance but failed to prove his worth and should move on.

The good news is SDP is not the only opposition party in Singapore, so if Chee refuse to move on, there are still other choices. He is not in the same league as Nelson Mandela, ang sung soo. Those national heroes have 100% support from the people. Chee and the SDP has only 3.76% of support from Singaporeans, based on GE 2015 results.

fanta

Alfrescian
Loyal
I just can't belief this has gone on for such a long time. There is too much bad blood between both sides. And to your point, others who want to use the split to add more fuel will not longer find the excuse.

A chap once told me that it would not happen when this was discussed in the past. He said that Chee would not do it. I asked him to explain and he told me that Chee has a history of refusing to acknowledge mistakes and this to him would be admission of a mistake.

It is probably his biggest mistake in not acknowledging mistakes.

He would have won BB BE if Chiam/Lina given him the endorsement and there was no personal attack on his character. His other mistake is to allow his members to attack David Ong, so it is fair game for PAP other than Murali to do the same to him. Had the party refrain from attacking David Ong, the PAP has no justification for the personal attack on Chee.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Trust scroobal to do the opposition in. He portrays himself as supportive of the opposition but in actuality, he is indirectly attacking the opposition.
His latest advice to Chee is a prime example. Chee did nothing wrong, so why should he apologize? If you buy into Scroobal's advice, then it is an acknowledgment that Chee deserved to be fired from his academic position.
An analytical sinkee will see through Scroobal.