• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Christian deceptions: Was Mary really a Virgin?

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Simple forms of organisms slowly develop and evolved into more complex forms. By analogy to the development of an embryo started off by the fusion of two cells, it grows (by division) to double its contents, and so on. After some time, when more cells amass, some of them separate and form specialized cells. Of course for evolution, the changes takes place over millions of years, too long for any one of us to live to observe. So in this, we extrapolate the data we have on hand over and beyond the time span of our lives, and draw a conclusion. These may be wrong, or right, we do not know for sure, but it sure is better than hearing it from some village elder who was told what an even earlier ancestor told him.

Cheers!

You do not realise the holes in evolution theory, holes that the Holy Bible does not have. LOL!

1. Where do you get the simple forms of organisms from? How did they get here? Magic?
2. Why do you assume there were already simple living organisms to begin with? You skipped a step, the chasm between living thing and nonliving thing.
3. By saying simple evolved into complex, you are begging the question here. You need to prove evolution, not assume it is true.
4. Your analogy is wrong. The embryo develops into maturity because the information is already there. To call that evolution is absurd. We can of course observe the human embryo develop in stages till birth…this is experimental science, observational science. Using this to prove evolution is absurd. The information for the developmental stages of the human embryo is already there. DNA is the atheist’s worst nightmare because it is information.
5. Evolution cannot be falsified. Inserting millions of years is a convenient excuse to say “we have never observe evolution happening, but it is true. Just believe!” LOL!
6. You committed a genetic fallacy. Nonsense is nonsense, regardless of whether you heard it from someone wearing a lab coat or someone wearing a shepherd’s clothes. It’s not a matter of who said it, but what is being said. You examine the claim, not shoot the person making the claim.

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
For the minute details, you would need to ask a scientist in this field. not me. I am not qualified to answer all these questions. But for convenience, will try my best:-

1. Some scientist theorize that molecules of simple life-sustaining proteins originated fro metors entering earth from the cosmos out there. Not magic - that is for your Bible.
2. Life begins by probablt a jolt of energy input,like electrical lightning striking an organic mixture, sparking off something that activates motion.
3. I am uinable to prove evolution to you. For this, go to any school textbook on biology, there it explains with some pictures.
4. I used the example of embryo as an analogy to an otherwise complex process, too complex for me to outline all of its aspects.
5. DNA is at the centre of the study of living organisms. It explains everything about life. It is still a new subject as far as I know.
6. I am unable to "just believe" Especially when those stories are so simplified. .....like God appeared as a burning bush...... and the sea parted..... and so on. These stories are great for movie big screen as they are spectacular. But impossible in our world. Yours, anything I suppose with your God.

Cheers!

You do not realise the holes in evolution theory, holes that the Holy Bible does not have. LOL!

1. Where do you get the simple forms of organisms from? How did they get here? Magic?
2. Why do you assume there were already simple living organisms to begin with? You skipped a step, the chasm between living thing and nonliving thing.
3. By saying simple evolved into complex, you are begging the question here. You need to prove evolution, not assume it is true.
4. Your analogy is wrong. The embryo develops into maturity because the information is already there. To call that evolution is absurd. We can of course observe the human embryo develop in stages till birth…this is experimental science, observational science. Using this to prove evolution is absurd. The information for the developmental stages of the human embryo is already there. DNA is the atheist’s worst nightmare because it is information.
5. Evolution cannot be falsified. Inserting millions of years is a convenient excuse to say “we have never observe evolution happening, but it is true. Just believe!” LOL!
6. You committed a genetic fallacy. Nonsense is nonsense, regardless of whether you heard it from someone wearing a lab coat or someone wearing a shepherd’s clothes. It’s not a matter of who said it, but what is being said. You examine the claim, not shoot the person making the claim.

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
For the minute details, you would need to ask a scientist in this field. not me. I am not qualified to answer all these questions. But for convenience, will try my best:-

1. Some scientist theorize that molecules of simple life-sustaining proteins originated fro metors entering earth from the cosmos out there. Not magic - that is for your Bible.
2. Life begins by probablt a jolt of energy input,like electrical lightning striking an organic mixture, sparking off something that activates motion.
3. I am uinable to prove evolution to you. For this, go to any school textbook on biology, there it explains with some pictures.
4. I used the example of embryo as an analogy to an otherwise complex process, too complex for me to outline all of its aspects.
5. DNA is at the centre of the study of living organisms. It explains everything about life. It is still a new subject as far as I know.
6. I am unable to "just believe" Especially when those stories are so simplified. .....like God appeared as a burning bush...... and the sea parted..... and so on. These stories are great for movie big screen as they are spectacular. But impossible in our world. Yours, anything I suppose with your God.

Cheers!

The fact is, these are questions that science cannot answer. Why? Because these are HISTORICAL questions! You mean you did not realise that? Take a good look at your attempt to answer the questions I raised. Come on, don’t you see that they are in the realm of CSB? It’s all theories or speculations of what might have happened in the past! Can these be scientifically proven? Nope. Therefore these are NOT scientific answers. If you can’t prove evolution, or give good reasons to believe in them, then why are you holding on to them? Blind faith? Oops! Concerning DNA, it’s not a matter of how much there is to know, the point is that what we already know about them so far points to information. And where do you get information from, a rock or the “Rock of Ages”? In case you don’t know, “Rock of Ages” is a name for God in the Bible. When you said you are unable to believe, that is a question of will, not of reason or logic. Because so far you haven’t shown anything that would make belief in God unreasonable. On the other hand I have repeatedly shown how logical and reasonable it is to believe in God. Like so many other atheists before you , your issue is not reason or logic, it’s simply a refusal to believe, it’s a will question, a sin question even.

drifteri

Alfrescian
Loyal
I

Whether you agree or not, we are living really in a evil and demonic world! Read the newspapers, go to Youtube, Google internet, you can easily conclude this for yourself.

God Bless
Psalm23

I fully , absolutely, totally agreed with you this world is evil and demonic. You should have the right christian moral to bring your love ones to the promised place. I don't know how strong is your faith. If you have real faith, my signature will inspired. :wink: Bye!

Psalm23

Alfrescian
Loyal
I fully , absolutely, totally agreed with you this world is evil and demonic. You should have the right christian moral to bring your love ones to the promised place. I don't know how strong is your faith. If you have real faith, my signature will inspired. :wink: Bye!

The Book of Psalms has inspired many people of all ages. In particular, Psalm 23 is the most popular: The Lord is my Shepherd........and through this Psalm, it has comforted many people. Often we see verses from Psalm 23 are quoted in obituaries.

In terms of authorship, most of the chapters in the Book of Psalms were written by King David (and interestingly but not surprisingly, Psalm 137 was not!)

Among all the chapters in the Book of Psalms, Psalm 137 is the most difficult to explain (but not impossible). Only theologians of the highest standard are able to explain and Christians like myself are wondering why a loving God should allow Psalm 137:9 be written in His Holy Book. But they are there for a reason.

I am no theologian, but if you want a detailed exposition of Psalm 137, may want to go to the following hypertext and you will understand the reason why these verses are in the Bible.

https://bible.org/seriespage/psalm-137-difficult-words-true

One of the dangers associated with Bible reading is that Bible verses are often quoted out of context and resulting in misinterpretation of the true meaning of what God has to tell us and this is because readers just pull out one verse here, one verse there. To truly understand the meaning, you need to go to the historical background (including the background of the writer, the era when these verses (or chapters) were written, the overall lessons that God wants us to learn or understand from His word.

In fact, this makes the Bible worth reading, worth exploring and more importantly, it will truly convey God's message to us if we read the Bible in totality. You can go to any libraries, there are hundreds if not thousands of books written on Christianity and many of these books were written to address questions that we have regarding the Word of God, the Bible. And to be honest many Christians have raised more questions concerning the Bible verses than non-Christians. It is really a misconception that Christians take the Bible and read them without questioning and are being 'brainwashed'. This is quite the opposite. Christians who have attended Bible cell group study will tell you that questions upon questions are always asked and cell group leaders often have hard time trying to answer many of the questions. Many of these cell group leaders are pastors and trained theologians but often they have no clue to the questions.

This is in fact the method or the 'strategy' used by God to ensure that we continue to seek and to understand Him. This is all about Bible reading and that is to keep seeking and to keep understanding what God has to tell us, and to keep asking questions concerning His message. Just like a good student, he will keep asking questions to his teachers and will not end his questions until he fully understand the topic that was being taught to him. Likewise, a good Christian bible student should do the same asking questions. The big difference is that no matter how good a bible student is, he will never able to understand and will never able to get all the answers because this is God's way to educate and to train us. The Student (Christian)-Teacher (God) relationship is going to last into eternality. Again, some Christians can tell you that when I see God face to face, I will know the answers. One part is right, God will explain to us why we suffered seemingly justifiable at times, etc, but God's infinite knowledge and wisdom that He is going to impart to us when we meet Him face to face and when He is our very Personal Tutor in person, we are going to continue to learn from Him into eternality. Most probably we are going to ask more questions than what we have now and thankfully, our answers are going to come from God direct.

Be mindful, God is not a story-teller. Rather, through His message, He is conveying to us that He is putting every effort to bring to an end of the evil era and to have a new beginning .... a New Beginning that we will not see adults abusing children, raping helpless women, bullying parentless children, taking advantage of widows and widowers, end of all human sufferings and the list goes on. A New Beginning that new knowledge that cannot be described in current human and earthly term will be imparted to us. So, friends, hope this can get you excited and be prepared to meet our Personal Tutor, God himself. Jesus previous blood is given to us and just for this purpose that we can one day meet God face to face and to understand Him and His creation.

Psalm 23: The Lord is my Shepherd

Last edited:

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
One of the dangers associated with Bible reading is that Bible verses are often quote out of context and resulting in misinterpretation of the true meaning of what God has to tell us is because readers just pull out one verse here, one verse there.

Atheists like DIVA are masters of out-of-contexts! LOL!:biggrin:

Psalm23

Alfrescian
Loyal
I would agreed it is a better explaining off attempt than saying 'God is god, he has his purpose and reason' Can point out which lines directly addressed the question?

It's not my duties to educate you and to spoon feed you. But for this, I am prepared and hope you can one day...hopefully today, can come to the Living God, Jesus and acknowledge Him as your Saviour. I am saying this with sincerity and honesty.

Some verses about God has a purposes of us:

Proverbs 19:21 - Many are the plans in a person’s heart, but it is the Lord’s purpose that prevails.

Philippines 2:12-13 - Therefore, my dear friends, as you have always obeyed—not only in my presence, but now much more in my absence—continue to work out your salvation with fear and trembling, for it is God who works in you to will and to act in order to fulfill his good purpose.

Romans 8:28 - And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.

God Bless
Psalm 23

drifteri

Alfrescian
Loyal
It's not my duties to educate you and to spoon feed you. But for this, I am prepared and hope you can one day...hopefully today, can come to the Living God, Jesus and acknowledge Him as your Saviour. I am saying this with sincerity and honesty.

Some verses about God has a purposes of us:

God Bless
Psalm 23

A very common tactic a zealot would use when outwitted or corned. Next tactic is hell damnation.

Do you know what were the words used for virgin and maiden lady in the origin text? How frequent are they used contextually in the Bible? Does the word use in the original text got translated directly or intentionally replaced with another intented word?

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
A very common tactic a zealot would use when outwitted or corned. Next tactic is hell damnation.

Do you know what were the words used for virgin and maiden lady in the origin text? How frequent are they used contextually in the Bible? Does the word use in the original text got translated directly or intentionally replaced with another intented word?

You got wits meh? A lot of corns to be sure, which makes you corny! LOL!

drifteri

Alfrescian
Loyal
It's not my duties to educate you and to spoon feed you. But for this, I am prepared and hope you can one day...

God Bless
Psalm 23

Reverend, you are the nicest christian here. :wink: You are still unable to refute my signature which is up for a few years. I don't expect to hear from you soon. Since you are so nice, I wish you can be Blessed and Happy. :wink:

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Reverend, you are the nicest christian here. :wink: You are still unable to refute my signature which is up for a few years. I don't expect to hear from you soon. Since you are so nice, I wish you can be Blessed and Happy. :wink:

Awwww....how sweet of you to be so patronising and hypocritical in your comments. Anyway, why should any believers wants to refute the Scriptures? It is much more fun to refute the failed claims of failed atheists like you. LOL! These imprecatory psalms (bet you don't know what this term means LOL!) are also written for our learning about how the people of Israel felt towards the Babylonians who had earlier dealt harshly with them and their children as well. So I guess we should be seeing a new signature pretty soon ya? So sad after its been there all these years. LOL!

Last edited:

drifteri

Alfrescian
Loyal
The ancient egyptian, babylonian and sumerian civilizations prospered at the expend of the Jews. The Jews full hatred of their neighbours were motivated by their geographical and historical contexts. What a lame way to explain off the evilness of psalm137:9. If what you said really made logic, you are still unable to rationalize 'Blessed' and 'Happy'.

The idiotic fucko ought to declare himself a JEW since he aligned himself with their emotions so deeply and well .:wink:

Many of the past cruelties christians did to fellow human beings were directly or indirectly supported by the bible. It contradict the notion of a all-knowing, omniscient, omnipotent, omnipresent God otherwise he would inspired his authors to write the bible in a manner that it could never bye abused by any fool. The fact is the bible is written by men with the motivations of men. :wink: