• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Do you remember Mr ED, the talking Horse ?

Force 136

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
alan-young.jpg

Alan Young, who played straight man to a talking horse in the 1960s sitcom “Mister Ed,” has died.

Jaime Larkin, a spokeswoman for the Motion Picture and Television Home in Los Angeles, says that Young died Thursday. He was 96.

“Mister Ed” premiered in 1961 and ran for four seasons. It was one of a rash of sitcoms in that era with elements of fantasy that included a visiting Martian, a witch married to a mortal and a talking car.

Young was already a well-known radio and TV comedian when he landed the role. He supposedly got the part after someone said he “looks like the kind of guy a horse would talk to.”

[video=youtube;yKAnMlxNv64]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yKAnMlxNv64[/video]

Read more at http://www.wnd.com/2016/05/alan-young-star-of-1960s-sitcom-mr-ed-dies-at-96/#7kGeEu2jAtEui3Qw.99

Alamakinky

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Mr Ed....My Mother the car....Room for one more....rin tin tin...theLucy show....Abbot and Costello....ahhhh those times.

Now the only Mr ED i know is myself....Erectile Dysfunction.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Mr Ed....My Mother the car....Room for one more....rin tin tin...theLucy show....Abbot and Costello....ahhhh those times.

Now the only Mr ED i know is myself....Erectile Dysfunction.

Don't forget - 77 Sunset Strip...Room 222, Twilight Zone, Alfred Hitchcock...never Like Mr Ed the talking car .." A horse is a horse of course, no one could talk to a horse of course...that's all I remember.....& around that time Imogene Cocoa, It's about time, it's space, it's about two men lost on space"......Banana Splits, "fa la la, fa la la, fa la la , " one banana, two banana"..the Monkees " hey, hey its the monks"....voyage to the bottom of the sea...land of giants....time tunnel...'man, woman, birth, death, infinity.. "Ben Casey"...:biggrin:

During those time, I find Mr. Ed & My mother the car BORING...:rolleyes:

Last edited:

Alamakinky

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
ya...i did like 'its about time' and the theme song too. Another show that had a good theme song was Fireball XL5. Then there was Get Smart...Everglades.....Seahunt....Surfside 6....Z Cars....Gunsmoke...Have gun will travel ...laramie. ....Ben Crazy ( Casey ) ..... Green Acres ........the Jap series Monsters from Outer Space....robin hood. Lots more I am sure but have to slowly recall those 60s stuff

Don't forget - 77 Sunset Strip...Room 222, Twilight Zone, Alfred Hitchcock...never Like Mr Ed the talking car .." A horse is a horse of course, no one could talk to a horse of course...that's all I remember.....& around that time Imogene Cocoa, It's about time, it's space, it's about two men lost on space"......Banana Splits, "fa la la, fa la la, fa la la , " one banana, two banana"..the Monkees " hey, hey its the monks"....voyage to the bottom of the sea...land of giants....time tunnel...'man, woman, birth, death, infinity.. "Ben Casey"...:biggrin:

During those time, I find Mr. Ed & My mother the car BORING...:rolleyes:

enterprise2

Alfrescian
Loyal
ya...i did like 'its about time' and the theme song too. Another show that had a good theme song was Fireball XL5. Then there was Get Smart...Everglades.....Seahunt....Surfside 6....Z Cars....Gunsmoke...Have gun will travel ...laramie. ....Ben Crazy ( Casey ) ..... Green Acres ........the Jap series Monsters from Outer Space....robin hood. Lots more I am sure but have to slowly recall those 60s stuff

Don't forget my childhood favorite 'Skippy the kangaroo'!

Alamakinky

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yes Skippy...Flipper...McHale's Navy....phil silvers show....charlie chan....munsters...spycatcher...dennis the menace...father knows best....

....Bat Masterson...bonanza...dr kildare....

Don't forget my childhood favorite 'Skippy the kangaroo'!

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Remember watching Mr. Ed on sundays. Back then RTS would only import selected shows. Different from today where they now telecast repeats of the same terrible imported shows:smile:

When I am free I watch oldies TV like Beverely Hillbillies, the old black & white Dr Who, ... etc using Kodi . Obviously there is a demand for the old shows.