• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat s'pore waters full of idle tankers

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
"I've been coming to Singapore once a year for the last 15 years, and flying in I have never seen the waters so full of idle tankers,"

- Senior European oil trader a day after arriving in the city-state.

"There is clearly still far too much physical crude going around for the glut to be over," said the European oil trader after flying in to Singapore.

In the meantime, just keep track of the unprecedented parking lot of ships off the coast of Singapore: the larger it gets, the more violent the price drop will be once banks say "no more" to funding money losing charters.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-05-20/something-stunning-taking-place-coast-singapore

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal
If no tankers i worry. Btw can line the up in str8 line n hv a marathon from sinkie to bintang? I dont mind uber there as it is cheaperer than geylang

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
"I've been coming to Singapore once a year for the last 15 years, and flying in I have never seen the waters so full of idle tankers,"

- Senior European oil trader a day after arriving in the city-state.

"There is clearly still far too much physical crude going around for the glut to be over," said the European oil trader after flying in to Singapore.

In the meantime, just keep track of the unprecedented parking lot of ships off the coast of Singapore: the larger it gets, the more violent the price drop will be once banks say "no more" to funding money losing charters.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-05-20/something-stunning-taking-place-coast-singapore

Why you worry?....MPA collect fees for parking there, the ship chandlers supplying supplies plus the bunkering people are collecting money too...but if you see plenty of abandoned or seized ships park there....then it is BIG TROUBLE.

garlic

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Ships idle = no trades = no deals = no transfers & remittance = banking idle capacity rises = retrenchment

Lau Goh: " I'd be worried if there are no retrenchments"

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
ah loon n his jingang shud b happy ... so many tankers tanked around reddot ... count rental moni oso count until hand goes weak ...

Hans168

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why you worry?....MPA collect fees for parking there, the ship chandlers supplying supplies plus the bunkering people are collecting money too...but if you see plenty of abandoned or seized ships park there....then it is BIG TROUBLE.

oso bumboat marys do roaring biz.........

garlic

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Later ah jib charge half price for cheaper parking and all shift parking to johor.. then rental income also no have liao.

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
Its simple really. Traders don't really care if there are enough crude or not or whether price going up or down. But if they stop trading, they die first.