• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Chee's reflection on the Bukit Batok By Election

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Lim Thean is the person to watch. He needs to come out of NSP or get rid of Sebastian. This guy impressed everyone in the TV debate. Clam, collected, logical and carrie himself very well. He will also bring in other quality candidates. Its a shame that he ended up in NSP only to end up with the bombshell.

Actually it will be fun to see him in action in Parliament, his command of English will make a lot of PAP MPs who are poor in English freak out.

Another politician that will freak out PAP MPs is - a lot of people seems to hate him and complain about his accent - KJ. His command of English with that accent will intimidate PAP MPs. Denise will tell Lawrence, "help me out".

Yet another one, ex-SDP member, WJ (sorry can't remember his name, but the gay politician, so you know who) can make a dent in parliament, in one of the debates, he irritated Tharman so much.

And the hidden gem of the opposition, powerful voice and good English, Lim Tean, he could have won BB BE if he contested. He has no wild and colorful past.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Lim Thean is the person to watch. He needs to come out of NSP or get rid of Sebastian. This guy impressed everyone in the TV debate. Clam, collected, logical and carrie himself very well. He will also bring in other quality candidates. Its a shame that he ended up in NSP only to end up with the bombshell.

Cambridge-educated lawyer and yet he is with NSP! I am still trying to figure out his decision-making model.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
I could be wrong but he seems to be someone who is sure of himself and will act if he see a long term future. I am sure he has seen what happened to his fellow Cambridge mates Tony Tan and Hazel Poa plus others like Vincent W, Michelle Lim etc. Hazel Poa was highly rated in the civil service as she was posted to PSD and Finance Ministry and yet the opposition politics was a minefield. When she resigned over 3 cornered fight in Macpherson I admired her for her principles.

Lim Thean has 2 options - take over from Seb or thread water until a viable option emerges in the opposition camp. Jeanette tried and failed. You probably know about the NSP background so I guess his next move will watched by many.

Cambridge-educated lawyer and yet he is with NSP! I am still trying to figure out his decision-making model.

fanta

Alfrescian
Loyal

Yes, Lim Thean has great potential as a new face. And he doesn't have the baggage that Chee or others are carrying. If he screw up, he'll end up like any other. He's the Secretary-General of NSP, that should give him some ground to gain traction.

fanta

Alfrescian
Loyal

He is probably not there by choice but probably the best decision for him.

Where else can he go?

SDP: Have to be under CSJ who seems to autocratic and if he does join SDP, he has to be associated with CSJ's wild and colorful past and probably has to defend them like PT defended CSJ. Not every Cambridge-educated lawyer wants to be associated with a party that is charged with lying, falsifying of data and contempt of parliament.

WP: Have to be under LTK as well as the big wigs of PS, SL and if he does join WP, he has to be associated with WP's hawker scandal of overcharging hakwers and town council mess. Not every Cambridge-educated lawyer wants to be associated with a such scandals and town council mess.

RP: Another autocratic leader under KJ. He will not be able to shine with KJ on top of him.

SPP: Yet another autocratic party under Chiam and Lina. This is a family business party. No way anyone can have political career advancement under Chiam and Lina. Look at Benjamin, he has no choice but to leave if he want to succeed in politics.

enterprise2

Alfrescian
Loyal
He is probably not there by choice but probably the best decision for him.

Where else can he go?

SDP: Have to be under CSJ who seems to autocratic and if he does join SDP, he has to be associated with CSJ's wild and colorful past and probably has to defend them like PT defended CSJ. Not every Cambridge-educated lawyer wants to be associated with a party that is charged with lying, falsifying of data and contempt of parliament.

WP: Have to be under LTK as well as the big wigs of PS, SL and if he does join WP, he has to be associated with WP's hawker scandal of overcharging hakwers and town council mess. Not every Cambridge-educated lawyer wants to be associated with a such scandals and town council mess.

RP: Another autocratic leader under KJ. He will not be able to shine with KJ on top of him.

SPP: Yet another autocratic party under Chiam and Lina. This is a family business party. No way anyone can have political career advancement under Chiam and Lina. Look at Benjamin, he has no choice but to leave if he want to succeed in politics.

Look guys, we need another political party like another hole in the head! Only way forward is to unite!

fanta

Alfrescian
Loyal
Look guys, we need another political party like another hole in the head! Only way forward is to unite!

That I agree with you. A new opposition party with no baggage. But will likely be impossible to achieve since everyone wants to be a cook.

Debonerman

Alfrescian
Loyal
I could be wrong but he seems to be someone who is sure of himself and will act if he see a long term future. I am sure he has seen what happened to his fellow Cambridge mates Tony Tan and Hazel Poa plus others like Vincent W, Michelle Lim etc. Hazel Poa was highly rated in the civil service as she was posted to PSD and Finance Ministry and yet the opposition politics was a minefield. When she resigned over 3 cornered fight in Macpherson I admired her for her principles.

Lim Thean has 2 options - take over from Seb or thread water until a viable option emerges in the opposition camp. Jeanette tried and failed. You probably know about the NSP background so I guess his next move will watched by many.

Hopefully this, hopefully that and nobody is touching on UncleYaps helpful chaps.

enterprise2

Alfrescian
Loyal
That I agree with you. A new opposition party with no baggage. But will likely be impossible to achieve since everyone wants to be a cook.

People keep blaming the 70% but I would blame the opp parties for not giving the electorate a united credible choice. How can Spore support 6-7 opp parties is really beyond me!

3_M

Alfrescian
Loyal

Where is lim thean now? He might be impressive but I see him as nothing more than a fly-by-night politician who only comes out when election is approaching. It is exactly this sort of people WP need to weed out in the selection process. Hence I agree with WP approach of subjecting potential candidates to doing mundane grassroots works and away from the limelight.

fanta

Alfrescian
Loyal
People keep blaming the 70% but I would blame the opp parties for not giving the electorate a united credible choice. How can Spore support 6-7 opp parties is really beyond me!

If the opp parties are to blame, then the leaders of those opp parties should be blame since they all want to be chief.

People like slipper guy may deserve some respect for walking out when there is no path to victory instead of trying to play chief.