• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious Million$ Transport Minister Penang Cow admit MRT is way below HKG MTR, WTF!!

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal
Can we ask these fabulous guy to come over? After all, we pride ourselves that we run our society made on Meritocracy.

He can take over the CEO anytime. That would be a problem. Too many JIAK LIAO BEE general being churn out year after year. No enough position to place them on multi million package.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Singapore's reliability ratings will never match those of HK because of differences in the racial mix between the two countries.

Because Singapore is at a distinct disadvantage it is not fair to blame the Minister of transport.

HK does have a mix of other races too....you go Tsim Tsai Tsui....a certain place there are a lot of Indians of Northern origins & many of them are from the colonial days....I saw a mosque there not far from the MTR Station, a huge one.

But the majority are Cantonese speaking people & mostly Chinese, if what you are talking about....it is not of a racial mix that upset the reliability ratings, if that is the case, you may have to add Japan, Korea , Taiwan & even Malaysia....

It is the government & the people who formulate & run the system....their eyes is on the "MONEY"...running a rail system or anything with an EYE ON MONEY & maintaining the system at the cheapest cost.....compare the management of HK MTR plus their property division plus the HK government...who you think is cheaper, betterest & fasterest??

What has race got to do with it?

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
HK does have a mix of other races too....you go Tsim Tsai Tsui....a certain place there are a lot of Indians of Northern origins & many of them are from the colonial days....I saw a mosque there not far from the MTR Station, a huge one.

But the majority are Cantonese speaking people & mostly Chinese, if what you are talking about....it is not of a racial mix that upset the reliability ratings, if that is the case, you may have to add Japan, Korea , Taiwan & even Malaysia....

It is the government & the people who formulate & run the system....their eyes is on the "MONEY"...running a rail system or anything with an EYE ON MONEY & maintaining the system at the cheapest cost.....compare the management of HK MTR plus their property division plus the HK government...who you think is cheaper, betterest & fasterest??

What has race got to do with it?

in hk mtr, you hardly find other ethnicities in the maintenance workforce except for hongkie chinkies who have ocd issues.

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hong kong mrt was designed by the british initially. The first trains used "canon" built coaches and probably equipment from london underground.
But i saw the new coaches are japanese, so they must have either retired the older coaches since their mrt started way back in the 70's.
This is unlike smrt which tenders and select the lowest bidder for tracks, signalling, powerlines, and rolling stock. They should tender the whole line to line to one manufacturer/builder say, hitachi, bombardier, siemens or alstom instead of in small parcels. That way, the whole system is synchronised.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i agree theres absolutely nothing wrong with smrt's pristine services.....just send half the ftrash home and all the breakdowns will stop occuring.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hong kong mrt was designed by the british initially. The first trains used "canon" built coaches and probably equipment from london underground.
But i saw the new coaches are japanese, so they must have either retired the older coaches since their mrt started way back in the 70's.
This is unlike smrt which tenders and select the lowest bidder for tracks, signalling, powerlines, and rolling stock. They should tender the whole line to line to one manufacturer/builder say, hitachi, bombardier, siemens or alstom instead of in small parcels. That way, the whole system is synchronised.

HK MTR's business is structured alot differently from ours,the only reason they are so profitable and highly successful is because of their retail/shopping arm and real estate business......HK MTR owns the land where the stations sits on,so they are able to allocate some space to build shopping malls and use the transit system to lure massive crowds to these malls......this is where they generate billions of profits which can be used to maintain and expand their train infrastructure.....if they had to rely on revenues from their transport business alone they would probably be struggling,the public transportation business is just a dead whale and deadweight......saw piak hwa probably saw some of this and tried to take us down the same path.if they appoint me as smrt ceo,i would apply all my resources into real estate and reits,before i attempt to overhaul the useless piece of shit train system and offer it as a gift to the singapore public.

Annunaki

Alfrescian
Loyal
This fucking cow is a survivor ...talk cock sing song behave like joker but every year take million dollars salary

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
... We want to catch up with Hong Kong, and we will," he announced, repeating a goal he has mentioned a few times since assuming the transport portfolio about seven months ago ...
tok big so much ... y dun he put dat as his kpi n gif himself a time frame? ...

now even haf 2 use dat 154th 2 help him save his face ...

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
HK MTR's business is structured alot differently from ours,the only reason they are so profitable and highly successful is because of their retail/shopping arm and real estate business......HK MTR owns the land where the stations sits on,so they are able to allocate some space to build shopping malls and use the transit system to lure massive crowds to these malls......this is where they generate billions of profits which can be used to maintain and expand their train infrastructure.....if they had to rely on revenues from their transport business alone they would probably be struggling,the public transportation business is just a dead whale and deadweight......saw piak hwa probably saw some of this and tried to take us down the same path.if they appoint me as smrt ceo,i would apply all my resources into real estate and reits,before i attempt to overhaul the useless piece of shit train system and offer it as a gift to the singapore public.
Public transportation should reform its revenue by not charging the users. This will increase passenger numbers. And get theur revenue from advertising. Like google.

jw5

Loyal
$8 Cow sees his role as updating everyone on the milestones achieved. He has neither the knowledge nor the capability to make Singapore's MRT system as reliable as HK's despite his enormous salary, so do not expect too much from this fellow. :rolleyes:

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
Public transportation should reform its revenue by not charging the users. This will increase passenger numbers. And get theur revenue from advertising. Like google.

No point. Most mrt commuters are too poor to afford what advertisers are promoting. Left only tuition and hair loss prevention ads how to make money?

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

the internet is practically free,the overhead cost are non existence per customer except for a bunch of bytes and electricity,u can reach out to billions of users......smrt has to buy hundreds of train carriages and pay for gigawatts of electricity just to carry ur fatass and millions of sinkies in air conditioned comfort....the only way they can recoup their cost is if they paint the entire train carriages with graffiti and coca cola ads and samsung and sammyboy forums ads for prostitutes and cheap thai hookers.

jw5

Loyal
the internet is practically free,the overhead cost are non existence per customer except for a bunch of bytes and electricity,u can reach out to billions of users......smrt has to buy hundreds of train carriages and pay for gigawatts of electricity just to carry ur fatass and millions of sinkies in air conditioned comfort....the only way they can recoup their cost is if they paint the entire train carriages with graffiti and coca cola ads and samsung and sammyboy forums ads for prostitutes and cheap thai hookers.

Painting the train carriages with graffiti isn't going to generate any revenue. The other ads including sbf forum ones should though. :biggrin:

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Singapore's reliability ratings will never match those of HK because of differences in the racial mix between the two countries.

Because Singapore is at a distinct disadvantage it is not fair to blame the Minister of transport.

For a small fraction of the current minister's obscene salary, our pioneer generation leaders do not have such problems leading racial mix country in its turbulent time. No cosy ivory tower, no technology, no obscene salary, no resources.

Our current ministers have everything under their beck and call from LTA, MOT, PTA and Army General...whatever. There is no excuse for them not to succeed and surpass a new HK. Unfortunately, Mah Bow Tan failed the transport ministry and parachuted into HDB, problem passed over to Raymond Tan who failed and stepped back quietly for Liu Tuck Yew to take over. Liu Tuck Yew could not take the pressure and quitted and now passed over to an overly optimistic Khaw Boon Wan who now admitted defeat against HK railway. Let's face it, there is no talent in PAP camp and everyone wished to do easy job and take the easy way out. As Shanmugam put it plainly to bed-riidden HSK - why take things so hard? - which sum up what lies beneath the ministers' mind.

If I am the boss, I would have fired everyone in PAP and outsource our govt to someone cheaper and more capable. Than our cuntry won't be in such a mess.

jw5

Loyal
For a small fraction of the current minister's obscene salary, our pioneer generation leaders do not have such problems leading racial mix country in its turbulent time. No cosy ivory tower, no technology, no obscene salary, no resources.

They were not "specially selected", that's why. The current lot have all been indoctrinated with the pappy mentality, which is also a problem with most scholars and civil servants. :wink: