• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious Heng SK Stroke shows Absymal lack of Leadership by PeeM Gay Loong

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
I have been busy and had not had the time to post my take on this aspect of Ah Heng's stroke during a cabinet meeting. I base my observations on the description of events by Gay Loong himself during the incident. The whole incident indicates to me a shocking lack of critical thinking and lack of leadership on the part of Gay Loong. I will post the article in which Gay loong mentions all the items I observed.

1)Gay Loong describes how Janil was already administering first aid to Ah Heng when the SCDF response team arrived. Now, although Janil is a medical Dr., he has been in the senior consultative role in Pediatric medicine at KK. Gay Loong must know that unless Janil has been moonlighting as an ER doctor, his duties are principally that of a Minister, and a politician. As well, his CPR skills could not have been applied that often by him in his field of pediatrics. If Gay Loong had properly assessed the situation, he would have realized that the SCDF first response team are in every way far more experienced then Janil in performing CPR and dealing with adult stroke victims. They do this all the time, this is the only thing they do, this is their full time job. We cannot say this of Janil. The moment the SCDF team showed up, Janil should have given way to them. Obviously he did not, and the SCDF team ended up "supported" him and "performed other tasks". WTF is this?

Gay Loong should have judged that the best people in the room to help Ah Heng was not Janil and it was the SCDF team. Big fail on his part. He should quietly tell Janil to step aside and let the SCDF team take over. He failed to do this and in the article, he is trying to say how great janil was, and put him on a pedestal and say he was doing fine and he was so much better then the SCDF team that they were only fit to "support" him. This is very poor judgement on the part of Gay Loong.

2) While "supporting" Janil, the SCDF team leader SSG Janice Lee made a comment that he was deviating from SOP and bagging too fast. For some reason, this telling comment DID NOT REGISTER with Gay loong. In essence, if Janil was not at the meeting, then the SCDF team would have been the ones doing the CPR when they arrived, and what SSG Lee is saying is they would have done it a different way. This comment alone should have made Gay Loong take notice right off the bat and realized that what ever Janil was doing was the Janil Method of CPR and not the SCDF SOP for CPR, the SOP that is applied to every other patient in Singapore. he should have investigated SSG Lee's comment further and ask her to explain why she said that.

Instead, Janil gave a rebuttal and explained his reasons for doing his method. Gay Loong simply accepted Janil's explanation without asking for the other side of the story from SSG Janice. SSG Janice should have been invited by Gay Loong to explain why the SCDF SOP is different from Janil's, and he should then make the call as to who should do the CPR. But this is nothing real with the PAP. They only listen to people that they know are their cronies and they do not consider anything coming from the peasants. this is evident over and over again in all their policies.

3) Gay Loong then said that SSG Lee was satisfied with janil's explanation and continued to support him. Is his social IQ really that low? If a Minister already rebutted you, and you are just a lowly SCDF SSG, what are you supposed to do? Of course, you have to tiam tiam and accept the explanation. Is Gay Loong so stupid as to not recognize that SSG Lee is stuck between a rock and a hard place? If she adamantly continues to tell Janil that he is not doing the CPR the right way, she can see that Gay Loong already is on the side of janil, and despite being the expert in the room, she could be in big trouble for not giving face to a Minister. Gay Loong has already recognized that the SCDF team "asserted" itself. But does not seem to think that it is very unusual for the SCDF team to even have to assert itself in the first place. For them to "assert" themselves would indicate me that they thought something amiss was happening. If Janil was doing everything right and according to SOP, then the team would not have to assert it self and SSG Lee would not be making any such comments. The significance of this exchange between SSG Lee and Janil seem to have just flown over Gay Loong's head. How can such a poor ready of body language and tone of voice be negotiating treaties for this country?

So, to summarize. gay Loong demonstrated:

a) Inability to control his Minister or an avoidance of conflict by not telling Janil to stop his shit and let the SCDF team take over.
b) Failed to recognize who the real talents in the room are for CPR and stuck with a Minister who might not even carry CPR certification anymore.
c) Failed to process inputs from other participants in the room, i.e. the comments from SSG Lee regarding deviating from SOP.

Just my 2 cents.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
http://www.straitstimes.com/singapo...eir-professional-response-when-heng-swee-keat

SINGAPORE - Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong has sent a heartfelt letter of appreciation to Singapore Civil Defence Force (SCDF) Commissioner Eric Yap to thank the paramedics who responded when Finance Minister Heng Swee Keat collapsed during a Cabinet meeting earlier this week.

He wrote that the officers were "highly professional and did an excellent job".

The SCDF officers Mr Lee named in the letter were staff sergeants Janice Lee Yi Ping and Mohd Imran bin Abd Samad, corporal Ian Lok Yu Hern, and trainee Sheena Chiang Yanpin.

Mr Lee's letter also gave an account of what happened that day, and how Minister of State Janil Puthucheary was critical in coming to Mr Heng's aid. Dr Janil is a paediatrician who became an MP in 2011. He became a Minister of State after last year's General Election.

Mr Lee said that when Mr Heng, 54, collapsed at 5.34pm, 995 was called immediately.

Within seven minutes, the SCDF team arrived at the Istana.

"When they entered the Cabinet room, Dr Janil Puthucheary was already resusciting Mr Heng using the bag and mask resuscitation kit that the security team had on hand," Mr Lee wrote.

"Seeing that Dr Janil was already managing the patient with the appropriate equipment, the team supported Dr Janil and performed other tasks as per protocol, recording what happened and monitoring the vitals."

He said that at one point, Ms Lee questioned Dr Janil as she saw that he was not following standard procedure.

"Janice observed that Dr Janil was deviating from the paramedic SOP and appropriately asked him if he was bagging the patient too fast," Mr Lee said.

"Dr Janil shared his presumptive diagnosis and explained that he was hyper-ventilating the patient to relieve pressure on the brain and reduce the swelling."

She was satisfied with Dr Janil's explanation and continued to support him in maintaining and securing the airway, including assisting him with inserting a laryngeal mask.

The SCDF team then took the lead and transferred Mr Heng to the ambulance which took him to Tan Tock Seng Hospital, with Dr Janil supporting them in the ambulance.

Mr Lee wrote: "My colleagues and I observed how your team kept their cool and were in control throughout the incident, working as a team with Dr Janil. Each knew their roles, and all had the presence of mind to stay completely focused on the patient.

"It is never easy to attend to a resuscitation, and the active involvement of a clinician already on the scene can make it more difficult. Your team was highly competent and professional, unfazed by their surroundings or the presence of the ministers. They asserted themselves where necessary and played an important role in stabilising the patient," he said.

"Your officers are a credit to SCDF. They reflected the professsionalism and sense of mission that they display daily as they go about their duties to protect and save lives and property for a safe and secure Singapore,"

Mr Lee shared his letter on his Facebook page, and the post has seen an outpouring of praise and support for the SCDF from netizens.

Said Mr Mohd Fairoz Ali on Facebook in response: "I'm glad that you praise them sir...we including myself government officers from the home team are giving our best in protecting our country and the citizen of Singapore even though at times we were abused by the public...we never ask to be commended because it is what we do."

Foreign Minister Vivian Balakrishnan shared PM Lee's thank you letter and credited Dr Janil for saving Mr Heng's life.

"I believe those precious early minutes made all the difference," said Dr Balakrishnan, a former eye surgeon, who was at the meeting.

He also praised Staff Sergeant Lee: "We appreciated SSG Janice Lee's willingness to question Dr Janil. It shows we are a society that doesn't allow protocol or rank to get in the way of performance."

Dr Janil, who is Minister of State for Communications and Information and Education, also shared Mr Lee's letter, and posted: "#SCDF crew did a fantastic job."
Topics:

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
I recommend LHY to re-instate his commission and launch a military coup to topple brother. At least he has a bit more IQ. If not, pass over premiership to his son Shengwu.

kopiOuncle

Alfrescian
Loyal
two pieces of shit

that first crucial five minutes were critical

your two cents are rally two pieces of cowdung

so stop shitting here and spreading your too cents of garbages...

Seee3

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Wish to share some info which I hope Nayr59sg can help to correct.

Firstly, our heart beats on its own. Our heart is triggered by its own electrical system. It is not controlled by the brain. When we remove the heart from the body, it will continue to beat on its own. The only control by the brain is to induce the release of more adrenaline to increase the heart rate. Therefore, a stroke cannot directly cause a cardiac arrest.

On the other hand, the brain does control our respiration and a stroke can cause a respiratory arrest. Prolong respiratory arrest will lead to cardiac arrest.

In all the official reports, there was no mention of CPR being administered. The only word used was "resuscitate ". Therefore, I think he did not suffer a cardiac arrest but only his breathing has stopped. The bag and mask kit can also be used for respiratory arrest.

The comment from the SCDF was that the respiration rate administered was too fast and the doc explained that it was intended to hyperventilate the casualty which will help to reduce the pressure in the brain. However, many other medical reports gave opposing views and Nayr59sg had attached some of the articles in his post.

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
2 hide his embarassmen of a job badly done by his guys ... ah loon wil praise dem instead so as 2 hoodwink daft sinkies ...

in ze ahneh riot fiasco where polis hid in ambulans, he twisted it wif maximum restrain ... n he likes 2 tink he's pretty smart wif his hoodwinking tricks ...

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
when the incident happened its called an "emergency",emergencies occurs in the span of minutes,what u have here is a court examination,by the time u are done debating the best course of action and done examining every scenario every incident every con and every merits and examining every face and every expression,six hours would have passed and heng would be long dead.

arse loong is born into a world of aristocracy,he is used to people answering to him in the hierachy,thats why a natural aristocracy is needed in singapore.considering the feelings of lower mortals and lackeys is not part of his job scope.if u have to worry about the feelings of everyone and please everybody u will never get things done.arse loong is the mark of the true leader.

Last edited:

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
there are emergency team trained for emergency. Don't call a running dog a running dog.

Not all doctor are trained the same. Ask the arse doctor about cheebye can he answer you?

cheeby doctor see cheebye all day. arse doctor poked your arse all day.

so fucking ahn neh better stay as fucking ahn neh. an neh is black and cina is brown and evil white trash British were drug traffickers of the East.

hat dwarfs any modern Colombian multi billion dollar drug empire, yet today we Westerners know little about it. We don't learn about it in high school history--or even college, for that matter. I had an American professor in Xiamen tell me that he thought the war was fought to keep China from exporting opium.

http://www.amoymagic.com/OpiumWar.htm

when the incident happened its called an "emergency",emergencies occurs in the span of minutes,what u have here is a court examination,by the time u are done debating the best course of action and done examining every scenario every incident every con and every merits and examining every face and every expression,six hours would have passed and heng would be long dead.

arse loong is born into a world of aristocracy,he is used to people answering to him in the hierachy,thats why a natural aristocracy is needed in singapore.considering the feelings of lower mortals and lackeys is not part of his job scope.if u have to worry about the feelings of everyone and please everybody u will never get things done.arse loong is the mark of the true leader.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
there are emergency team trained for emergency. Don't call a running dog a running dog.

Not all doctor are trained the same. Ask the arse doctor about cheebye can he answer you?

cheeby doctor see cheebye all day. arse doctor poked your arse all day.

so fucking ahn neh better stay as fucking ahn neh. an neh is black and cina is brown and evil white trash British were drug traffickers of the East.

hat dwarfs any modern Colombian multi billion dollar drug empire, yet today we Westerners know little about it. We don't learn about it in high school history--or even college, for that matter. I had an American professor in Xiamen tell me that he thought the war was fought to keep China from exporting opium.

http://www.amoymagic.com/OpiumWar.htm

paramedics are there to administer first aid only in emergency situations,ultimately the person with the expertise to fix and treat the patient are the doctors or surgeons.doctors who worked in hospitals and e.r. has more experience and knowledge about diagnostics and treating patients than any paramedic does even though paramedics training are very high.

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
bro, paramedic are trained for outdoor emergency case. GP doctor are trained to see cough and fever.

emergency doctor in hospital is not the same a a trained paramedic.

paramedics are there to administer first aid only in emergency situations,ultimately the person with the expertise to fix and treat the patient are the doctors or surgeons.doctors who worked in hospitals and e.r. has more experience and knowledge about diagnostics and treating patients than any paramedic does even though paramedics training are very high.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
two pieces of shit

that first crucial five minutes were critical

your two cents are rally two pieces of cowdung

so stop shitting here and spreading your too cents of garbages...

I will stop it when you stop being the stupid cunt that you are.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Wish to share some info which I hope Nayr59sg can help to correct.

Firstly, our heart beats on its own. Our heart is triggered by its own electrical system. It is not controlled by the brain. When we remove the heart from the body, it will continue to beat on its own. The only control by the brain is to induce the release of more adrenaline to increase the heart rate. Therefore, a stroke cannot directly cause a cardiac arrest.

On the other hand, the brain does control our respiration and a stroke can cause a respiratory arrest. Prolong respiratory arrest will lead to cardiac arrest.

In all the official reports, there was no mention of CPR being administered. The only word used was "resuscitate ". Therefore, I think he did not suffer a cardiac arrest but only his breathing has stopped. The bag and mask kit can also be used for respiratory arrest.

The comment from the SCDF was that the respiration rate administered was too fast and the doc explained that it was intended to hyperventilate the casualty which will help to reduce the pressure in the brain. However, many other medical reports gave opposing views and Nayr59sg had attached some of the articles in his post.

Basically, what gay Loong and you are saying is that Heng's heart had already stopped beating, hence they use the word resuscitate. And during whatever procedure Janil used or the whoever else used (Vivian or Ng), they succeeded in restarting Heng's heart. Resuscitate means to revive from near death or unconsciousness. I am thinking here he never regained consciousness.

In any case, my point of the whole thread is that there appears to be a difference in opinion on the procedure that was used on Heng, this difference in opinion is between the SCDF team and Janil. In the presence of such a difference in opinion, should not Gay Loong step in an make a ruling? He remained silent and allowed the status quo to carry on. In other words, his non ruling was an endorsement of Janil's procedure. The wrong decision in my opinion.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset

I don't disagree with this. But Janil is not such a doctor. he is a pediatrician. And even more, he has been in politics, which I presume he has been in a full time capacity for several years now. If Janil was a passerby and a Dr in an ER room somewhere, then I would say he has more experience and authority then SSG Lee. Otherwise, he should differ to her and fuck off.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset

I am not debating about whether Ah Heng should have been immediately helped by the 3 doctors present. Of course he should. In an emergency, a doctor, any doctor is still better then sitting there doing nothing for 7 minutes until the SCDF arrives. I am saying that once the SCDF team arrived, is Janil still the best person available in the room to treat Ah Heng? If he is not, then why was he not relieved, or told to stand down? Did gay loong properly assess the situation? And he still came to the conclusion that Janil was the best option? Lancheow, ok. Janil was second best option in the room and clearly Gay loong did not recognize that. A poor leadership outing for him.