• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Chee and SDP this week and the train wreck it has created.

kukubird59

Alfrescian
Loyal
hahaha....just about every oppo leader (CSJ, GMS, KJ, CST, LTK, DL, SebT; etc...) is derided by Scroobal and his lackeys who proclaimed themselves to be anti papee warriors.....
and there are idiots who claimed that papigs were afraid of them and all out to silence the gang....LOL

kryonlight

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
hahaha....just about every oppo leader (CSJ, GMS, KJ, CST, LTK, DL, SebT; etc...) is derided by Scroobal and his lackeys who proclaimed themselves to be anti papee warriors.....
and there are idiots who claimed that papigs were afraid of them and all out to silence the gang....LOL

scroobal's identity has been ferreted out by the lawless ministar. Please pity the TPX as it may be sued if it doesn't dissipate negative views of the opposition.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro, be happy they did not compare you to Wong Wee Nam. The guy was a factor in Tan Kin Lian losing his deposit and I am certain his dishonest "clarification" which led to the Chiams retaliating big time stopped Chee crossing the 40% mark. When Ejay recruited Wong I knew that he wasn't aware of this guy's stripes and in the end he posted most ridiculous post mortem of Lee Li Lian's win. The PAP should award Wong, the honorary cadre and friend of the PAP award with front seat for this year's NDP.

My advice to anyone in Opposition is to avoid this guy like the plague. He is a well known news and press whore. He told the NSP leadership when he was contesting under their banner that he "brought to his side" key journalists from both the English and Chinese Press who will give NSP the media exposure for the then General Elections. There was no doubt that he was courting them. Even today, if half baked journalist calls him on today's weather he will give an interview. In the end, there was nothing negative about him but more importantly there was no media exposure. He bitterly complained and complained.

My dear Scroobal,

Can you stop writing like that? Now those people are saying I am you, you are me! This is getting a bit funny to me.

Goh Meng Seng

NgEjay

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
My dear Scroobal,

Can you stop writing like that? Now those people are saying I am you, you are me! This is getting a bit funny to me.

Goh Meng Seng

Meng Seng,

I agree with your assessment of SDP's conduct in the by-election aftermath. 3_M also said it right: SDP has the tendency to twist facts in their favour, and it's not because they are not clever enough to interpret the data.

We accuse the PAP of frequently whitewashing their sins and the sins of its members (Michael Palmer, for example). But the opposition (SDP in particular) too is guilty of that. It's a case of pot calling the kettle black.

I decided in 2014 to stop blogging and to dissociate myself from political commentary entirely. Someone very close to me told me I was not making a contribution at all. The same fellow also said in life, you just have to eat humble pie and move on. Difficult for any man in an Asian society no doubt. But it was a message I took seriously.

If you're not making a contribution, the least you can do is stay out of the way. Maybe Meng Seng, you might consider doing the same. I was dead wrong about many things and the worst thing is to insist on being wrong despite knowing the truth. It eats away at you and it isn't worth it. Moulmein-Kalling is one example.

Dr Wong Wee Nam was the one who "recruited" me. I edited all his articles and posted them on my blog. He also sends his articles to other political news sites. Recently, despite me not having blogged in a long while, he asked me to post one of his articles. I did not do so.

fanta

Alfrescian
Loyal
Well said, if you're not making a contribution, the least you can do is stay out of the way. He has 5 opportunities and he cannot make the score, that's a shame. A young inexperienced lady can win on her second attempt and outclass the leader of an opposition party completely. It is truly a loss of face and prestige, how is he going to negotiate seats in the next GE with big shots like LTK, SL, or even LLL, the little lady that defeated the giant in white?

He should take the responsibility of the loss and his inability to win 5 times in a row, instead of pretending to be the darling of democracy. PT should take over the leadership of the party.

If you're not making a contribution, the least you can do is stay out of the way. Maybe Meng Seng, you might consider doing the same. I was dead wrong about many things and the worst thing is to insist on being wrong despite knowing the truth. It eats away at you and it isn't worth it. Moulmein-Kalling is one example.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks for the clarification bro. I once got a call from an Australian academic thru a contact about this guy. Apparently he misled one of his young researchers and his background he gave to the guy about his politics exposure was fanciful.

Dr Wong Wee Nam was the one who "recruited" me. I edited all his articles and posted them on my blog. He also sends his articles to other political news sites. Recently, despite me not having blogged in a long while, he asked me to post one of his articles. I did not do so.

enterprise2

Alfrescian
Loyal
When is the Opp going to learn that the only way..and I mean the only only way to challenge the PAP is to be united and credible. Join forces and be one and get capable people that Singaporeans can trust. WP is the only viable platform. People like PT should join in if he wants to make a positive contribution. Other countries also have two main parties vying for power. Why can't we be the same?

fanta

Alfrescian
Loyal
When is the Opp going to learn that the only way..and I mean the only only way to challenge the PAP is to be united and credible. Join forces and be one and get capable people that Singaporeans can trust. WP is the only viable platform. People like PT should join in if he wants to make a positive contribution. Other countries also have two main parties vying for power. Why can't we be the same?

The problem that some of the opposition politicians faced is that the WP, while being the most successful opposition party, is not squeaky clean. Not everyone wants to be associated with that TC mess.

enterprise2

Alfrescian
Loyal
The problem that some of the opposition politicians faced is that the WP, while being the most successful opposition party, is not squeaky clean. Not everyone wants to be associated with that TC mess.

It's the only party that can challenge the PAP. I think all opp should just go in and strengthen WP instead of going their own way. Of course PAP loves this ...divide and conquer strategy working!

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
Dear E-Jay,

Giving up is actually the simplest way out. Not an issue. I would have given it up long time ago when I left WP. Well, I was contemplating leaving politics again n 2011 after completion of the NSP, thinking that a good platform has been built and I could just relax and become a free lance commentator just as an interest, but things turn for the worse.

I was thinking of giving GE2015 a miss but somehow, things got entangled and the rest is history.

Leaving the scene is pretty easy. Turning my back and walk away is the simplest thing to achieve. But looking at the situation now, the mess we have here is biggest ever since I have joined opposition politics. The disconnect of the MOB (irrational hardcore opposition supporters) from the silent majority plus opposition sympathizers and neutrals is biggest ever.

The Black Box poll actually provides a lot of information which was very depressing but totally ignored by opposition. Ironically, what SDP did and interested in was just distorting it for self glorification.

I started out this journey wanting democracy to develop progressively for Singapore. But it just seems that it has gotten worse.

Life is not that simple as black and white. Not all in PAP are bad people, neither all in opposition are good people as well. We just have to stand on our own conscience.

Don't be too disheartened by the happenings around us. If we were to listen to the MOB as if they were the only right people to follow, PAP should have lost power by their logic already! The Mob is dead wrong on many things and they thought by being the most noisy ones, they could make themselves "right".

You are a Maths major, you should have the logical mind to determine what to believe and what not to believe.

I do not think I could change Singapore or make it progress democratically in my lifetime but at least, a foundation could be built and passed on to future generations. But if I stopped now, it would be sure that the progression may be dragged even longer then.

Goh Meng Seng

Meng Seng,

I agree with your assessment of SDP's conduct in the by-election aftermath. 3_M also said it right: SDP has the tendency to twist facts in their favour, and it's not because they are not clever enough to interpret the data.

We accuse the PAP of frequently whitewashing their sins and the sins of its members (Michael Palmer, for example). But the opposition (SDP in particular) too is guilty of that. It's a case of pot calling the kettle black.

I decided in 2014 to stop blogging and to dissociate myself from political commentary entirely. Someone very close to me told me I was not making a contribution at all. The same fellow also said in life, you just have to eat humble pie and move on. Difficult for any man in an Asian society no doubt. But it was a message I took seriously.

currypuff

Alfrescian
Loyal
Chee had not lost the bye-election! His gains are spike in book sale, donations and sponsorship. The income from book sale and donations would probably be more than what he can bring home if he were to work full time as a lecturer. GMS advocating his supporters to suggest him to quit politic altogether is actually doing Chee's family a disservice.

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
BBBE Perception of Candidates.png

This is the actual comparison. Anyone can do a proper analysis of this chart?

Goh Meng Seng

Debonerman

Alfrescian
Loyal
View attachment 26747

This is the actual comparison. Anyone can do a proper analysis of this chart?

Goh Meng Seng

Anyone who tries is going to regret he ever did. We all know your history of arguing until the cows come home. Credit to you that even Indians avoid a debate with you. Some questions for you. Do you believe in UFO's? Do you believe that you can ever win a seat in Parliament? Do you believe you have a face that even Lim Swee Say's mother can love? Do you believe in photoshop?

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Dear E-Jay,

Giving up is actually the simplest way out. Not an issue. I would have given it up long time ago when I left WP. Well, I was contemplating leaving politics again n 2011 after completion of the NSP, thinking that a good platform has been built and I could just relax and become a free lance commentator just as an interest, but things turn for the worse.

I was thinking of giving GE2015 a miss but somehow, things got entangled and the rest is history.

Leaving the scene is pretty easy. Turning my back and walk away is the simplest thing to achieve. But looking at the situation now, the mess we have here is biggest ever since I have joined opposition politics. The disconnect of the MOB (irrational hardcore opposition supporters) from the silent majority plus opposition sympathizers and neutrals is biggest ever.

The Black Box poll actually provides a lot of information which was very depressing but totally ignored by opposition. Ironically, what SDP did and interested in was just distorting it for self glorification.

I started out this journey wanting democracy to develop progressively for Singapore. But it just seems that it has gotten worse.

Life is not that simple as black and white. Not all in PAP are bad people, neither all in opposition are good people as well. We just have to stand on our own conscience.

Don't be too disheartened by the happenings around us. If we were to listen to the MOB as if they were the only right people to follow, PAP should have lost power by their logic already! The Mob is dead wrong on many things and they thought by being the most noisy ones, they could make themselves "right".

You are a Maths major, you should have the logical mind to determine what to believe and what not to believe.

I do not think I could change Singapore or make it progress democratically in my lifetime but at least, a foundation could be built and passed on to future generations. But if I stopped now, it would be sure that the progression may be dragged even longer then.

Goh Meng Seng

your command of the english language is excellent in this post, compared to previous postings and live interviews.

NgEjay

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Meng Seng,

I hope you're not competing with Prof Eugene Tan to be nicknamed "Captain Obvious".

For me the reason for voting opposition is very simple. One party rule is bad, no matter how you slice it. I feel that as a citizen, I am being made to serve the PAP. Anyone who doesn't want to be made a slave should vote for the opposition as a matter of principle.