• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat SDP Press Conference - A view

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
https://crazyrandomchatter.com/2016/05/15/sdps-press-conference-is-proof-it-is-egomaniacal/SDP’s press conference is proof it is egomaniacal
Protected May 18th, 2016 | Author: Contributions
A friend told me that SDP sent out a media invite at 1:24am on 14 May 2016. The media invite was for a press conference that was to take place at 4pm on 14 May 2016. Wow… The press conference was to happen less than 16 hours from the time that the media invite was sent out. Why so last minute? Must be something extremely important and time-sensitive

I waited with bated breath. At around 5pm on 14 May 2016, I checked my Facebook feed. I expected it to be flooded with some earth shattering revelations from SDP. I was sorely disappointed. There were none. None of the major media platforms had any news about SDP’s press conference. Not even the usually pro-opposition platforms like TOC and The Independent Singapore.

Maybe the press conference revealed something so scandalous that the government orchestrated a media blackout. So I went to the SDP Facebook page. There was a video of the press conference there. I watched it. And again. Sorely disappointed.

There was nothing earth shattering. Nothing scandalous. Nothing that really affects the lives of most Singaporeans. In fact, it was about a matter that only affected Dr Chee Soon Juan – the various claims about how he ousted Mr Chiam See Tong from SDP.

For whatever reasons, SDP felt that it was of immense importance to set the record straight – that Dr Chee didn’t oust Mr Chiam from SDP. So important that they felt the need to hold a press conference on a Saturday late afternoon. So important that they felt the need to send out media invites at 1:24am on the same day of the press conference and expect the media to turn up.

Oh the media did turn up. Or at least Zaobao did. So there’s no government orchestrated media blackout. Zaobao actually covered the press conference.

I think Zaobao really give face to SDP. There was nothing newsworthy about what was said in the press conference. Or maybe it was a really slow news day at Zaobao…

Now why did SDP have to hold such a hastily put together press conference? The issue that the spoke of, was it really that important? Couldn’t they just have issued a press release? Or even if they HAD to have a press conference, must be so urgent meh? Cannot send media invite on Monday then hold the press conference on Tuesday?

And why so secret secret like that? Send a media invite with zero information about what the press conference was about, and at such short notice, then expect the media to turn up? And expect the media carry news about your press conference?? Who do you think you are? Song Joong Ki?

This whole fiasco suggests one of two things: First, maybe the SDP core team is incompetent. That’s why things cocked-up somewhere, hence resulting in things being arranged so last minute. Second, maybe the SDP core team is full of egomaniacs. And they think that they can be divas. Send out last minute media invites. Expect media people to be at their beck and call, looking out for their media invites on a Saturday morning, and turning up just on their say-so.

No. I don’t think SDP people are stupid. I think they are highly intelligent. That leaves me with the only logical conclusion. They are egomaniacs. They think that the world revolves around them. They think that whatever they say are so important that people must drop whatever else they are doing to listen to them. Even if what they are saying is something that only concerns them and is, in the grand scheme of things, extremely petty and inconsequential (Dr Chee himself admitted at the press conference that he didn’t think his past history with Mr Chiam affected the by-election outcome).

And apparently SDP is going to spend the next few days providing further clarification on this issue. Erm. You know there are far better things to do in life, right? And that this won’t get you much political mileage, right? You already lost your best chance at getting your leader into Parliament and you think your time and effort is best spent trying to clarify something that happened twenty years ago, that you admitted is inconsequential to election results today?

For a frivolous press conference, Dr Chee
How bloody absurd.

Last edited:

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
it shows delusional,deep wounds festering and mental psychosis from previous trauma and Post Traumatic stress Disorder.

chee soo juan is becoming like hitler from der untergang,

towards the end of world war ii when germany was losing the war,the third reich is crumbling around him.chee soo juan is throwing lunatic hissy fits,blaming everyone around him,becoming paranoid and suspicious of his generals who were under heavy pressure of the losing war,

chee is unable to come to grips with reality,the consequences looms before him,the truth was unbearable,defeat was unthinkable.his minds keeps wandering back to a deep festering wound,a face that haunts him from the past....STALIN(CHIAM)!!!!a string of 23 years of unbroken stinging defeats,the one man who has kept him from his elusive victory,everyone has set out from the start to backstack and betray him,to ruin his plans of a third reich.cowards!!!!!traitors!!!!the whole lot of them!!!!!

the only thing left now to do is to kill his wife and children and blow his brains out,a little cyanide pill for the little boy and girls and a bullet for fraulein chee and Mr Chee.

heil hitler!!!!!heil chee!!!!

Last edited:

enterprise2

Alfrescian
Loyal
The whole press conference was shambolic and amateurish. U can hear drilling and construction in the background! If u want to do one, at least do it professionally, we r not in the 60s or 70s anymore.

OverTheCounter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Most likely the SDP CEC had some dissenting voices and Dr Chee needed to appease them first. He also did not want to wait too long until the following week. Hence the tight schedule.

NanoSpeed

Alfrescian
Loyal
Any press conference called with the intention to exculpate Dr Chee is not newsworthy.

Any press conference called with the intention to incriminate Dr Chee will be newsworthy.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think you are right. I did note that both JT and Chee did not seem enthusiastic and was keen to leave.

Most likely the SDP CEC had some dissenting voices and Dr Chee needed to appease them first. He also did not want to wait too long until the following week. Hence the tight schedule.

Reddog

Alfrescian
Loyal
This Chiam thing is history and of no interest to anyone. Only Chiam family and pap will bring this out during election to irritate SDP and CSJ. Stupid story now.

yahoo55

Alfrescian
Loyal
This Chiam thing is history and of no interest to anyone. Only Chiam family and pap will bring this out during election to irritate SDP and CSJ. Stupid story now.

Now the Chiams want to make money and profit from this, by publishing and selling a new book.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro, Chee selling his books at both GE2015 and BB BE rallies has raised eyebrows and certainly not helped by the MCs promoting the book sale at the start of the rally and during intervals. Its goes against the grain of democracy. I have never seen anything of this sort anyone where in the World. It also poorly reflects on his party members.

Now the Chiams want to make money and profit from this, by publishing and selling a new book.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Bro, Chee selling his books at both GE2015 and BB BE rallies has raised eyebrows and certainly not helped by the MCs promoting the book sale at the start of the rally and during intervals. Its goes against the grain of democracy. I have never seen anything of this sort anyone where in the World. It also poorly reflects on his party members.

what about LKY plastering his books in every shelve in every bookstore and every supermarket?iv not seen any election in the world where politicians dont sell their books,promote their websites and advertisements.