• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious Why Trump Can Lie and No One Seems to Care

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Screenshot_2016-05-18-02-21-23_com.facebook.katana_1463509729918.jpg

Published on
Monday, May 16, 2016
by BillMoyers.com

Why Trump Can Lie and No One Seems to Care

The GOP candidate gets away with outrageous, contradictory statements because the mainstream media and the public let him
byNeal Gabler

Donald Trump is a serial liar. Okay, to be a bit less Trumpian about it, he has trouble with the truth. If you look at Politifact, the Pulitzer Prize-winning site that examines candidates’ pronouncements for accuracy, 76 percent of Trump’s statements are rated either “mostly false,” “false,” or “pants on fire,” which is to say off-the-charts false. By comparison, Hillary Clinton’s total is 29 percent.

But if Trump doesn’t cotton much to the truth, he doesn’t seem to cotton much to his own ideas, either. He waffles, flip-flops and obfuscates, sometimes changing positions from one press appearance to the next, as Peter Alexander reported on NBC Nightly News this past Monday — a rare television news critique of Trump.

I say “rare” because most of the time, as Glenn Kessler noted in The Washington Post this week, MSM — the mainstream media — just sit back and let Trump unleash his whoppers without any pushback, even as they criticize his manners and attitude.

In an ordinary political season, perhaps Trump would be under fire for his habitual untruths, like the one that Ted Cruz’s father might have been involved with Lee Harvey Oswald. This time around, though, neither the media nor the public — least of all his supporters — seem to care. Which leads to the inescapable conclusion that these days, as far as our political discourse goes, truth, logic, reason and consistency don’t seem to count for very much.

The question is why.

One simple explanation is that Trump has changed the rules. He is not a politician but a provocateur, and he isn’t held to the same standards as Clinton or Bernie Sanders or even Cruz, all of whom actually have policies. For Trump, policies are beside the point.

Another explanation is that long before Trump, social scientists observed that truth matters less to people than reinforcement, and that most of us have the ability to reformulate misstatements into truth so long as they conform to our own biases. We believe what we believe, and we are not changing even in the face of opposing facts (without this capacity for self-deception there would be no Fox News).

http://www.commondreams.org/views/2016/05/16/why-trump-can-lie-and-no-one-seems-care

bart12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually, Trump is the only presidential candidate stating the reality.. Unfortunately, the media and establishment don't want any of these hard truths!

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
Where are the lies? List them all. A negative opinion on a statement does not make it a lie. Contradictions do not makes individual statements false, it simply makes an argument invalid. Clearly the writer is a slanderous liar.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Where are the lies? List them all. A negative opinion on a statement does not make it a lie. Contradictions do not makes individual statements false, it simply makes an argument invalid. Clearly the writer is a slanderous liar.

According to the article it is false rating of Trump's statements, not negative opinion of statement. False statements not call lies? It's not the writer is slanderous liar but you are in cahoo to support lies - on a selective basis. Like others here who - for their own reasons their evil mudlander dog hearts know - kept reinforcing by repeating Hilary is serious pathological liar over some emails but kept quiet when trump lied. Btw I support neither.

Last edited:

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Double standard hypocrites in this forum are like that. They are shamelessly double standard in everything from littering to infidelity to pathological liar.

No prize for guessing which nationality these forummers belong to, despite their denial. Of course you also see the running dogs sinkies - who will for their own grudge - join force with these mudlanders to step on sinkies.

Devil Within

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The only lie I see is the establishment and the corrupted media trying hard to do a hit job at Trump. Trump just stating what is common knowledge that majority of US citizens know. With regards to Cruz's father, he was just parroting what he saw in the media. So it's the media that was lying in the first place. Trump will become the POTUS whether you like it or not.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
trump isnt lieing,he just doesnt know jack shit so most of the time hes just making stuff up and inventing answers......and the retards in southern texas just lap it up like its jesus dick juice.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
The only lie I see is the establishment and the corrupted media trying hard to do a hit job at Trump. Trump just stating what is common knowledge that majority of US citizens know. With regards to Cruz's father, he was just parroting what he saw in the media. So it's the media that was lying in the first place. Trump will become the POTUS whether you like it or not.

The lies are listed in the politifact website as stated in the above article. According to categories and with the proof given in links. Please feel free to dispute each of them.

http://www.politifact.com/personalities/donald-trump/statements/byruling/pants-fire/

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
I found three examples from the politifact website showing the same nature of lies for Donald Trump. According to the above article, Hilary statements are rated false 29% of time vs trump 76%. So if Hilary got 13 minute of lying on video, there should be 2.5 times longer video for trump. Got such video?

Donald Trump's Pants on Fire claim he never discussed Libya intervention

"He said I was in favor in Libya," Trump said, sounding perplexed. "I never discussed that subject. I was in favor of Libya? We would be so much better off if Gaddafi would be in charge right now."

Oh, Trump discussed it.

And thanks to BuzzFeed, we have the video. (All the hat tips to Andrew Kaczynski.)

It comes from 2011, on Trump’s video blog.

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-m...-trumps-pants-fire-claim-he-never-discussed-/

Donald Trump's absurd claim that he knows nothing about former KKK leader David Duke

The controversy began Feb. 24, when Duke said that he supports Trump’s candidacy and told listeners of his radio program to "get active" for Trump. Two days later, Trump disavowed Duke in a news conference.

But Trump, who claims to have the "world’s greatest memory," seemed to have forgotten this by Feb. 28. When CNN’s Jake Tapper asked him about Duke, Trump claimed ignorance four times:

"Well, just so you understand, I don't know anything about David Duke. okay? I don't know anything about what you're even talking about with white supremacy or white supremacists. So, I don't know.

"I don't know, did he endorse me or what's going on, because, you know, I know nothing about David Duke. I know nothing about white supremacists. And so you're asking me a question that I'm supposed to be talking about people that I know nothing about. …

"I don't know any -- honestly, I don't know David Duke. I don't believe I have ever met him. I'm pretty sure I didn't meet him. And I just don't know anything about him."

Later that day, Trump tweeted a video of his earlier disavowal of Duke, and blamed his failure to do it again on CNN on "a very bad earpiece."

As fellow fact-checkers at the Washington Post and Factcheck.org have pointed out, Trump knew enough about Duke to denounce him several times over the past two decades.

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-m...-absurd-claim-he-knows-nothing-about-former-/

Donald Trump: Michelle Fields changed her story since first claiming campaign manager grabbed her

When news of the incident started to spread, Lewandowski tweeted at Fields, saying, "you are totally delusional. I never touched you." But security footage of the event released by the Jupiter Police Department March 29 appears to show Lewandowski grabbing Fields.

Despite the recent video, Trump said Lewandowski didn’t misrepresent what happened. Rather, it’s Fields who is being deceptive, he said.

"(Fields) said she went to the ground, or something to the effect of she almost went to the ground," Trump said at a March 29 CNN town hall. "She was in pain. She went to the ground. When she found out that there was a security camera, and that they had her on tape, all of a sudden that story changed. She didn't talk about it."

Trump asked on Twitter why no one was checking to see how Fields’ story changed, and Fields responded, "Because my story never changed. Seriously, just stop lying."

Did Fields change her story on what happened between her and Lewandowski? It appears not.

....Fields stood by her account of what happened in a March 14 interview with Fox’s Megyn Kelly.

"This is a campaign that continues to lie," she said. "I never wanted it to get this way. Those bruises will heal. My problem is the smearing of my name, my reputation."

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-m...-trump-michelle-fields-changed-her-story-fir/

[video=youtube;-dY77j6uBHI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-dY77j6uBHI[/video]

Last edited:

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
I found three examples from the politifact website showing the same nature of lies for Donald Trump. According to the above article, Hilary statements are rated false 29% of time vs trump 76%. So if Hilary got 13 minute of lying on video, there should be 2.5 times longer video for trump. Got such video?

Donald Trump's Pants on Fire claim he never discussed Libya intervention

"He said I was in favor in Libya," Trump said, sounding perplexed. "I never discussed that subject. I was in favor of Libya? We would be so much better off if Gaddafi would be in charge right now."

Oh, Trump discussed it.

And thanks to BuzzFeed, we have the video. (All the hat tips to Andrew Kaczynski.)

It comes from 2011, on Trump’s video blog.

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-m...-trumps-pants-fire-claim-he-never-discussed-/

Donald Trump's absurd claim that he knows nothing about former KKK leader David Duke

The controversy began Feb. 24, when Duke said that he supports Trump’s candidacy and told listeners of his radio program to "get active" for Trump. Two days later, Trump disavowed Duke in a news conference.

But Trump, who claims to have the "world’s greatest memory," seemed to have forgotten this by Feb. 28. When CNN’s Jake Tapper asked him about Duke, Trump claimed ignorance four times:

"Well, just so you understand, I don't know anything about David Duke. okay? I don't know anything about what you're even talking about with white supremacy or white supremacists. So, I don't know.

"I don't know, did he endorse me or what's going on, because, you know, I know nothing about David Duke. I know nothing about white supremacists. And so you're asking me a question that I'm supposed to be talking about people that I know nothing about. …

"I don't know any -- honestly, I don't know David Duke. I don't believe I have ever met him. I'm pretty sure I didn't meet him. And I just don't know anything about him."

Later that day, Trump tweeted a video of his earlier disavowal of Duke, and blamed his failure to do it again on CNN on "a very bad earpiece."

As fellow fact-checkers at the Washington Post and Factcheck.org have pointed out, Trump knew enough about Duke to denounce him several times over the past two decades.

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-m...-absurd-claim-he-knows-nothing-about-former-/

Donald Trump: Michelle Fields changed her story since first claiming campaign manager grabbed her

When news of the incident started to spread, Lewandowski tweeted at Fields, saying, "you are totally delusional. I never touched you." But security footage of the event released by the Jupiter Police Department March 29 appears to show Lewandowski grabbing Fields.

Despite the recent video, Trump said Lewandowski didn’t misrepresent what happened. Rather, it’s Fields who is being deceptive, he said.

"(Fields) said she went to the ground, or something to the effect of she almost went to the ground," Trump said at a March 29 CNN town hall. "She was in pain. She went to the ground. When she found out that there was a security camera, and that they had her on tape, all of a sudden that story changed. She didn't talk about it."

Trump asked on Twitter why no one was checking to see how Fields’ story changed, and Fields responded, "Because my story never changed. Seriously, just stop lying."

Did Fields change her story on what happened between her and Lewandowski? It appears not.

....Fields stood by her account of what happened in a March 14 interview with Fox’s Megyn Kelly.

"This is a campaign that continues to lie," she said. "I never wanted it to get this way. Those bruises will heal. My problem is the smearing of my name, my reputation."

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-m...-trump-michelle-fields-changed-her-story-fir/

Aiyo, what a fool you are, clutching at straws. The first two examples are like you go eat Ponggol nasi lemak someone ask you if you like it you said yes, then yesterday i ask again you said you dun remember, and straight away i call you are a liar! Perfectly normal to not remember such trivial things, and even if you did intentionally lie about it these are white lies, the latter more the former. Hehe white lie.

See, the second case the cunning reporter trying to drive a wedge between Trump supporters. Trump a unifier of people with diverse interests who might not get along with each other. True isn't it?

Finally last example as we sinkies all know, i push you you push me then he comes in and say I didn't push you and you call him a liar. Childish! :rolleyes:

Devil Within

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Aiyo, what a fool you are, clutching at straws. The first two examples are like you go eat Ponggol nasi lemak someone ask you if you like it you said yes, then yesterday i ask again you said you dun remember, and straight away i call you are a liar! Perfectly normal to not remember such trivial things, and even if you did intentionally lie about it these are white lies, the latter more the former. Hehe white lie.

See, the second case the cunning reporter trying to drive a wedge between Trump supporters. Trump a unifier of people with diverse interests who might not get along with each other. True isn't it?

Finally last example as we sinkies all know, i push you you push me then he comes in and say I didn't push you and you call him a liar. Childish! :rolleyes:

I totally agree with you. These anti-Trump retards have nothing on him and is picking up whatever little nonsense they can get hold of.

Although there are some issues that I disagree with him like China's currency manipulation, because USA is the biggest currency manipulator in the world and they started it, but on the whole he has more common sense policies than the whole Washington establishment put together.