• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Favorite bbq sauce

delina505

Hello everyone! How many of you here love eating bbq? I love bbq and there's no bbq restaurants that I have not explored. I cherish bbq in all its forms from wet bbq (with sauce) to dry bbq. The crown thing that gives bbq this flavor is the sauce. I tried making them at home but I never got the right flavor combination. I keep trying flavors of different brand and each time I happen to experience a different flavor. My favorite out of them is the tomato based sauce from Horton spice mills.What are your favorite bbq sauces?Recipes? Experiences?

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i like memphis style bbq sauce as it's simple to make and one of america's heartland original bbq sauces. instead of tomato sauce, ketchup is used. apple cider vinegar is added plus brown sugar. for spices, ground mustard powder, black pepper, and paprika (if you like it spicy) are added. onion powder, worcestershire and lemon juice give it some life. for a caffeine kick, i add ground coffee to give it a smoky and granular slurp. very easy and cheap.

for sg style, add belachan or sambal chili. gives it a prawny pungent flavor. shiok!

Last edited:

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
I slow-cook my baby back ribs and baise heavily with bbq sauce the final ten minutes in the charcoal grill. I use any sauce off the supermarket shelves. Usually take the cheapest one, and add more honey, Worcestershire sauce, or whatever I may have in the kitchen cabinet to it each time I do it. I can't remember the brands, as I would select whatever I come across whenever the current bottle is empty or low. I think Heinz 57, is one that I comes to mind right now. Or whatever deal I see as worthwhile from my trips to Costco. Stuff I add to the store-ready sauce would be light soy sauce, cumin, turmeric, Italian seasoning, ketchup, olive oil, pepper (freshly ground), and sometimes even hoisin sauce. Actually, I do not have a fixed recipe, and just use whatever I can find in my kitchen. I remember when my wife had a pot of oregano, I mince its leaves and added that to the mix as well. We had a little mint plot, and sometimes, the leaves from those mint herbs are added too! Anything really. As long as one enjoy's it, its fun!

Cheers!

Hello everyone! How many of you here love eating bbq? I love bbq and there's no bbq restaurants that I have not explored. I cherish bbq in all its forms from wet bbq (with sauce) to dry bbq. The crown thing that gives bbq this flavor is the sauce. I tried making them at home but I never got the right flavor combination. I keep trying flavors of different brand and each time I happen to experience a different flavor. My favorite out of them is the tomato based sauce from Horton spice mills.What are your favorite bbq sauces?Recipes? Experiences?

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i like memphis style bbq sauce as it's simple to make and one of america's heartland original bbq sauces. instead of tomato sauce, ketchup is used. apple cider vinegar is added plus brown sugar. for spices, ground mustard powder, black pepper, and paprika (if you like it spicy) are added. onion powder, worcestershire and lemon juice give it some life. for a caffeine kick, i add ground coffee to give it a smoky and granular slurp. very easy and cheap.

for sg style, add belachan or sambal chili. gives it a prawny pungent flavor. shiok!

Why not chinchalok?