• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious Singaporeans Are So Pitiful

kryonlight

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
if sinkies can wait patiently for their bak kut teh lunch, they can wait as patients for their hospital beds.

Many sinkies also waited patiently for their turn to pay their 5-second last respect to LKY. I am sure 69% of them would be more than happy with a corridor mattress.

shittypore

Alfrescian
Loyal
Many sinkies also waited patiently for their turn to pay their 5-second last respect to LKY. I am sure 69% of them would be more than happy with a corridor mattress.

This shld be included in Sinkies history for the future generation to noe how their Fathers sacrifice for the Familee.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yes.
CCS asked the audience: How many believe that SG will be around in 25 years? How many believe that SG will be around in 50 years? etc.

I speculate that it may be 2 generations.

CCS is a fraud. When he spoke in support of Ah Mu, I almost fell off my rocking chair. He highlighted to reporters how Ah Mu would even challenge him as a minister. Holy shit! In reality, Ah Mu is super docile when talking to his seniors.

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
CCS is a fraud. When he spoke in support of Ah Mu, I almost fell off my rocking chair. He highlighted to reporters how Ah Mu would even challenge him as a minister. Holy shit! In reality, Ah Mu is super docile when talking to his seniors.

Based on what I saw on the internet, "Ah Mu" does not appear to be an individual who challenges authority.
I wonder you know of him, when he was with the SPF?

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Based on what I saw on the internet, "Ah Mu" does not appear to be an individual who challenges authority.
I wonder you know of him, when he was with the SPF?

polite and respectful to all. even accused persons.

for ccs to describe ah mu the way he did, just one conclusion - liar.

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
Too many rich folks squatting in the cheap wards. This will not do. We build many good wards for sinkies to enjoy, there is no need to scrimp and save. How else will we make more money when we pay our doctors top dollars but cheapskates insist on having their own way. If patrons order one serving of siew mai drink our free flow tea sit through the whole lunchtime you think the restauranter would be happy? Same reasoning. Don't be a chao ka.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Too many rich folks squatting in the cheap wards. This will not do. We build many good wards for sinkies to enjoy, there is no need to scrimp and save. How else will we make more money when we pay our doctors top dollars but cheapskates insist on having their own way. If patrons order one serving of siew mai drink our free flow tea sit through the whole lunchtime you think the restauranter would be happy? Same reasoning. Don't be a chao ka.

I thot we have lots of cheap doctors from Indian and Myanmar?

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I thot we have lots of cheap doctors from Indian and Myanmar?

They are there to make the 'blind' 60-70% voters think, we have good medical facilities.....remember the mantra, "cheapest, besterest, & fastesterest "?? If you are the 'special one' you get warded...would they give you the medical doctors from India, Myanmar or even Philippines??...unless these people are WORLD RENOWN.....that is a fact of life.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I believe this is the case. When my mother was warded at Changi hospital for myocardial infarction, A & E assigned her Ward C automatically. But there was no C bed, so they put her in a B2 bed. We paid for Ward C charges. It was cheaper at $30 per day back in 2013. I still have the invoice.

I think we should appreciate our health care workers more. It is funny to see how a simple misunderstanding of hospital bed management can be turned into a PAP bashing thread.

the kpkb morons here have the slightest clue how local hospitals in sg operate. all their kpkb theories are based on hearsay and rubbish spewed online by shitstirrers and regurgitated as though they are the gospel truth. if they bother to work in a hospital for a week as a lowly cleaner or custodian, they will appreciate the thankless effort the nursing and admin staff put in to attempt to accommodate every patient. for planned visits and hospitalization, it's a juggling challenge much like matching needs and means with availability in a medical hotel. sinkies want a-class treatment but only want to pay c-class price. and then there are unplanned visits and hospitalization, of which sinkies are lumpar 3 in the world after tiongs and nehs when it cums to the penchant for jumping queues due to lack of planning and love for camping at wards thinking the longer the stay equates with their ailments going away. the obsession by sinkie patients and outpatients alike in crowding religiously at hospitals and craving for doctors' attention is like worshippers thronging at temples, churches and shrines praying for prosperity and deliverance, and 4-d and lottery punters amassing at ticket counters hoping for a jackpot. the problem is not the hospital system, it's sinkies' habitual need for divine (and oftentimes gov) intervention. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

rubbish nonsensico sacremento bullshido.u dont take a first class emirates airlines and then pretend its a holding pen for jetstar budget airline travellers,dont blame others when u dont know what ur target market audience is,why start complaining when passengers sit in ur precious high class jet and all they order is instant cup noodles and a bottle of Heineken or kopi and kaya toast?

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
When the 2 medical clusters, Singhealth & National Health were first formed in 2000, 2 senior civil servants were seconded to run them. Prof Teo Ser Kiat ran Singhealth and the other was run by Tan Tee How. Tan Tee How has 2:1 in Bus Ad. Both were aspiring and competitive performers who wanted to show their ability and began competing. Price of medication began to rise plus other things such as cost when referred by GPs compared to polyclinic. Very soon complaints started to come in including from PAP MPs particularly Tan Cheng Bock and Lily Kong. Patients were persuaded to upgrade as Medisave became popular to ensure bed management efficiency and revenue growth. The bigger culprit was NHG.

Things came to head in 2003 and in the cabinet reshuffle, Lim Hng Kiang was moved on and Khaw was made Acting Minister for Health. The very first thing Khaw did was pick a medical conference and use his speech to clear the air, notify everyone that the issues are known and the new ground rules in terms of competition among clusters. It was all very cryptic but Sr Civil Servants and the medical fraternity knew what was going on. Here are the excerpts which are quite telling;

Before re-joining
MOH, I heard many critical comments on cluster competition:
that competition between the clusters has led to duplication,
higher costs and perhaps, even over-consumption.

My observation is that where cluster competition has gone
a bit astray is when they compete on enlarging market share.
If the CEO is measured and rewarded for enlarging
market share, he would obviously go for more patientdays,
more clinic visits, more surgeries, more prescriptions.

That speech was reproduced by SMA so it members became aware that the Govt knows the concerns, that there is a new sheriff in town, and things will change. And it did. Cost did come down and the CEO KPIs were completely changed.

When I saw CPMKD's thread, I knew how these things can get out of hand as it happened before. This particular episode caught the eye of the old man and he asked to see the stats from Medisave and its use for bed accommodation upgrades. He was not pleased. He considered it an abuse as it was meant to cover the citizen for his whole life. Directives were then issued.

Its now 13 years. 8 people died in the Renal ward from cluster contamination and the minister did not know about it. So people tend to get emotional about these incidents if not explained by hospital staff can lead to poor outcomes. One can reasonably conclude based on the past on the possibility of greed. In TS's opening post he did mention that the ward nurse could not explain the empty beds. I am sure she would be a better person to explain than patient even if they have been in wards for a long time.

I think everyone is getting too emotional. There are easiler ways, no need to give false info to push patients to B2.

I ever questioned them why there are empty beds but patients are sleeping along corridors. They told me that there are such thing called scheduled surgeries and patients need to be warded after surgery. Therefore, they need to reserve beds for patients for such schedule surgeries, something like advance booking. haha

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
Don't forget to write to minister with the full details for their investigation . In case is really a mistake by the nurse or even normal practice to keep reserve beds for operation patients as what one forummer here said.

I discussed with my relative my intention to write to GKY, MOH and SGH regarding what happened to him. He was alarmed and asked me not to cause trouble. I explained that I dont want to cause trouble too but my intention to write in is to help correct a bad practice and I think MOH and SGH wld be pleased. But he was adamant and said that he got into a Class C ward and that was what he wanted. He said no need for us to pursue the matter further.

I asked what wld have happened to him if he had not insisted on waiting for the Class C bed but had instead accepted the nurse's suggestion to go to B2 bed? He replied that he has not much in the medisave and wld probably have to borrow money to pay for the ward, consultation, treatment and medicine. That was why he was willing to sleep along the corridor if need to just to avoid paying more for a B2 bed and to borrow money. I told him that's precisely why i wanted to write to MOH abt that bad practice so that this week, no elderly, sick Singaporean wld have to borrow money because SGH staff told him that he had to be warded in B2 because there is no Class C bed when in fact there are some empty beds.

But he is afraid of repercussion...sigh....

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
if sinkies can wait patiently for their bak kut teh lunch, they can wait as patients for their hospital beds.

My relative is illiterate and unwise. He thinks like you. He doesnt mind waiting nor sleeping along the corridor just to avoid paying an extra $40 for a B2 bed.

But I dont agree with him. I see that it's wrong for SGH staff to lie that there are no beds just to compel a patient ( who actually cant afford it) to take a B2 bed when there were several C class beds available

Last edited:

Seee3

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Its now 13 years. 8 people died in the Renal ward from cluster contamination and the minister did not know about it. So people tend to get emotional about these incidents if not explained by hospital staff can lead to poor outcomes. One can reasonably conclude based on the past on the possibility of greed. In TS's opening post he did mention that the ward nurse could not explain the empty beds. I am sure she would be a better person to explain than patient even if they have been in wards for a long time.

Maybe you missed the part in my post that mention "I ever questioned them .... They told me that ..." The explanation that I shared Were given by the nurses.

It is not right for the nurse in TS case to leave without explanation. However, it also depends on which nurse you happen to meet and ask. Some are just plain rude or couldn't care less. I was there and I know which one is friendlier to ask.

Don't take it that I am defending the medical service. I just wish to highlight that they are not so stupid to employ such method to get patient to go to B2. The latest Medishield insurance is their ultimate means where one must pay without option even if you are healthy

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
My relative is illiterate and unwise. He thinks like you. He doesnt mind waiting nor sleeping along the corridor just to avoid paying an extra $40 for a B2 bed.

But I dont agree with him. I see that it's wrong for SGH staff to lie that there are no beds just to compel a patient ( who actually cant afford it) to take a B2 bed when there were several C class beds available

just because the bed is empty means it is available? what kind of logic is that? might as well place a tissue packet there to chope the bed if you think it's empty. visual impression of empty beds, tables or seats, like in a plane, hotel, restaurant or ship can be very misleading.

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
just because the bed is empty means it is available? what kind of logic is that? might as well place a tissue packet there to chope the bed if you think it's empty. visual impression of empty beds, tables or seats, like in a plane, hotel, restaurant or ship can be very misleading.

MOH and SGH staff can choose to continue to think like you and deem it's ok to make poor patients pay more. They can continue to justify their bad practices. But they do that at their own long term detriment