• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious Singaporeans Are So Pitiful

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
did halsey02 say free healthcare for foreigners? dont put words in his mouth.

free healthcare for Singaporeans is not an impossible idea

Some of these people are just 'frog in the well'....oh well!.....We do not live in the century where we have to rely on TELEX from the telegram office, the last time I received one was in 1980 something from the Telegram Office in Robinson Rd...

Anyway...what I meant is, we are such a connected world today, & we have friends living spread out across the globe, many of which had migrated & settled there...to Malaysia, Philippines, Indonesia, Thailand, HK, Korea, Japan, Taiwan, Canada..Australia...USA, UK Ireland, countries in Europe...etc even PRC...so we jolly well know, what healthcare is like...FREE for foreigners? I never said that...not even free for locals....I do admit that when I was young, I got FREE in some way....here.

My the other point is...many here, living under the PAP UMBRELLA are just "frogs in the well"....:rolleyes:

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
This should be the function (and duty) of the daily newspaper, the Straits TImes. It should voice the opinions of the masses. SInce the day I could read, I realized that the ST never ever voiced any of the public's grievance(s), instead it has become the mouthpiece of the ruling party, always siding with their side of the story. Even the forum page, is filled with buggers giving credit to the gahmen for their policies. And the editorial page is a newsletter for the PAP's announcements! Today, I don't buy the Straits Times anymore. Some Saturdays, I would buy an issue when my wife asks me to - she only sees it to check on property prices. I have been waiting for a real newspaper to be published here for many years already!!

Cheers!

Singaporeans are generally docile and dont kpkb. If there is a reason that caused delays, we also dont complain. But if it is when problems are created by the govt and they dont own up, that's when Singaporeans are angry. The divide between pap and people is wide and increasing

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
there's no such thing as a "free" lunch. anyone who thinks "free" is free for even a small select segment of the population needs to take a chill pill and wake up to reality. someone else is paying for your so called "free" service, and it only invites abuse from every angle. the best firewall will not be secure enough to stop all loopholes and hacks. apply a semblance of monetary value or painful disincentive to the system, and a majority of abuses will go away.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It is already over crowded.
Last Thursday, one of our children had a head injury from volleyball at school, and I had to take her to emergency at the Hospital for Sick Children.
I did not kpkb.
What is the point?

if they impose a moderate co-pay or fee-based (not free) system, the overcrowding will dissipate. "free" hospitals in canada and the u.k. are some of the most overcrowded hospitals i've seen in 1st world countries. they are becoming like 3rd world hospitals. and sg must not follow the idiocy.

bigboss

Alfrescian
Loyal
Singaporeans are so pitiful to have a PM, Health Minister and Hospital who think nothing wrong abt telling lies just to get an extra $40 per day from a 70yr old, unemployed, terminally sick Singaporean who lives in a 3room HDB flat without any source of income.

What kind of govt exploit the poor, the terminally sick and the vulnerable? And this govt dares to preach graciousness and care to Singaporeans! What audacity!

SGH merely following bible of LKY ... what is wrong about making more money? Pappies been squeezing sinkies for ages ... nothing new. You poor, your business. You die, your business. You no place to stay, your business.
So, you can find mats camping in Changi beach. A first world country but there are people in the island sleeping in HDB void decks, parks, fields, etc.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
SGH merely following bible of LKY ... what is wrong about making more money? Pappies been squeezing sinkies for ages ... nothing new. You poor, your business. You die, your business. You no place to stay, your business.
So, you can find mats camping in Changi beach. A first world country but there are people in the island sleeping in HDB void decks, parks, fields, etc.

There are a couple of people sleeping at the "elderly" corner done up by the RC.....they sleep on cardboard's, have coffee making facilities, toilet to bathe etc.... & the TV is turn on certain hours....why not ? free service by the RC...but these people are vagrants...

enterprise2

Alfrescian
Loyal
There are a couple of people sleeping at the "elderly" corner done up by the RC.....they sleep on cardboard's, have coffee making facilities, toilet to bathe etc.... & the TV is turn on certain hours....why not ? free service by the RC...but these people are vagrants...

Free food and free exercise! Like country club!

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This should be the function (and duty) of the daily newspaper, the Straits TImes. It should voice the opinions of the masses. SInce the day I could read, I realized that the ST never ever voiced any of the public's grievance(s), instead it has become the mouthpiece of the ruling party, always siding with their side of the story. Even the forum page, is filled with buggers giving credit to the gahmen for their policies. And the editorial page is a newsletter for the PAP's announcements! Today, I don't buy the Straits Times anymore. Some Saturdays, I would buy an issue when my wife asks me to - she only sees it to check on property prices. I have been waiting for a real newspaper to be published here for many years already!!

Cheers!

You have SBF - the true fifth estate in sinkapore!

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
if they impose a moderate co-pay or fee-based (not free) system, the overcrowding will dissipate. "free" hospitals in canada and the u.k. are some of the most overcrowded hospitals i've seen in 1st world countries. they are becoming like 3rd world hospitals. and sg must not follow the idiocy.

Co-pay will lead to full pay. There is no perfect system. The principle ought to be healthcare is a fundamental right. It is not only for the rich.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
there's no such thing as a "free" lunch. anyone who thinks "free" is free for even a small select segment of the population needs to take a chill pill and wake up to reality. someone else is paying for your so called "free" service, and it only invites abuse from every angle. the best firewall will not be secure enough to stop all loopholes and hacks. apply a semblance of monetary value or painful disincentive to the system, and a majority of abuses will go away.

It is free in the sense that you don't have to pay for it when you need it. It is like insurance lah.
Everyone pays for it ...not someone. Each pay according to his ability.
You can choose to live in your own island or participate in a community.

Rightwingers like you only think of ownself ...you can afford to pay taxes, be thankful. Consider that as your membership fee. If you don't like to be member of that community, move to somewhere where you can pay less or none.

The world should emulate the Scandinanvians. Look how happy they are. People there can truly live free of worries - their taxes pay for education from kindy to university; university students got allowances some more, healthcare, unemployment insurance, pension, child care. With these major expenses taken care, people can pursue to life to the fullest.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The world should emulate the Scandinanvians. Look how happy they are. People there can truly live free of worries - their taxes pay for education from kindy to university; university students got allowances some more, healthcare, unemployment insurance, pension, child care. With these major expenses taken care, people can pursue to life to the fullest.

such as lining up at a soup kitchen for the homeless in sweden.....

image.jpg

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
There is truth in this. I have not bought a copy of the ST for years. I read this forum and it provided me all the news I need to know of this little island. I believe it is more accurate than the reports in that crappy paper as well!

Cheers!

You have SBF - the true fifth estate in sinkapore!

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
Some of these people are just 'frog in the well'....oh well!.....We do not live in the century where we have to rely on TELEX from the telegram office, the last time I received one was in 1980 something from the Telegram Office in Robinson Rd...

Anyway...what I meant is, we are such a connected world today, & we have friends living spread out across the globe, many of which had migrated & settled there...to Malaysia, Philippines, Indonesia, Thailand, HK, Korea, Japan, Taiwan, Canada..Australia...USA, UK Ireland, countries in Europe...etc even PRC...so we jolly well know, what healthcare is like...FREE for foreigners? I never said that...not even free for locals....I do admit that when I was young, I got FREE in some way....here.

My the other point is...many here, living under the PAP UMBRELLA are just "frogs in the well"....:rolleyes:

Agree...that's why i said that he is putting words in your mouth.

Many singaporeans believe everything the pap said. It is wiser to listen and check than to trust blindly

Last edited:

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
Co-pay will lead to full pay. There is no perfect system. The principle ought to be healthcare is a fundamental right. It is not only for the rich.

The pap is abdicating its duty to make education, safety and healthcare affordable to singaporeans. The present pap has failed