• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious Singaporeans Are So Pitiful

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
My relative has 4th stage lung cancer. He is 70yrs old, unemployed and stays in a 3-rm HDB flat. Recently I accompanied him for an oncologic imaging at SGH. The scan ended at abt 4.30pm. The radiographer informed him that the oncologist wanted to see him immediately.

He saw the oncologist at abt 5pm. The doctor told him that he had water in his lungs and advised that he be warded to have the fluid drained. My relative agreed.

The clinic nurse then came to interview him as follows:

Nurse: Uncle, what class ward do you like?
Patient: Class C
Nurse: How wld you like to pay for the bills
Patient: Medisave
Nurse: Ok. Thanks. I will go check for ward availability
Patient: Thank you

abt 30mins later....

Nurse: Sorry, uncle, no class C bed available. Can i put you in class B2. After subsidy it is only $75 per day
Patient: How much is a class C bed?
Nurse: $35 per day
Patient: Can I wait for Class C bed?
Nurse: Yes, but you may have to wait whole night, and if no bed, we will have to let you sleep along the corridor
Patient: I will wait for Class C bed
Nurse: Ok

Abt 15 mins later,

Nurse: good news, uncle, managed to get a class C bed for you. We can bring you to the ward. It is Block 6, Ward 3.
Patient: Thank you for your help

I accompanied my relative to the ward after registration.

Ward 3 had several empty beds. The ward nurse was very courteous and we exchanged greetings and a brief conversation as follows...

Me: Thank you, nurse. The ward has several empty beds.
Nurse: Yes, some empty beds
Me: But the clinic nurse told my relative that no Class C bed is available..
Nurse looked awkward and hurried away

Singaporeans are so pitiful to have a PM, Health Minister and Hospital who think nothing wrong abt telling lies just to get an extra $40 per day from a 70yr old, unemployed, terminally sick Singaporean who lives in a 3room HDB flat without any source of income.

What kind of govt exploit the poor, the terminally sick and the vulnerable? And this govt dares to preach graciousness and care to Singaporeans! What audacity!

Last edited:

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Maybe like MacDonald's they are trying to upsell.

I am assuming that they have some sort of reserve quota that is set aside for emergency needy cases. If that is the case, it should be handled in the appropriate manner. I am sure that the nurses don't get any incentive for the upgrades but this is not right way. Car rental companies when they do not have the reserved model available, it is an automatic upgrade to a higher model at the same reserve price. Thats how you manage the inventory and keep customers happy. The same with hotel accommodation.

With these kind of encounters, the PAP then wonders why we complain a lot. Maybe they should start looking at how things are done on the ground. If there were no social media, the Malay chick trying to rent a stall at Tampines Mall would not have made the news.

songsongjurong

Alfrescian
Loyal
definitely directive frm higher up to empty your CPF monies at any given chance...the been going after medisave debt lately again... could Heng stroke be karmic force at work?

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal

I am assuming that they have some sort of reserve quota that is set aside for emergency needy cases. If that is the case, it should be handled in the appropriate manner. I am sure that the nurses don't get any incentive for the upgrades but this is not right way. Car rental companies when they do not have the reserved model available, it is an automatic upgrade to a higher model at the same reserve price. Thats how you manage the inventory and keep customers happy. The same with hotel accommodation.

With these kind of encounters, the PAP then wonders why we complain a lot. Maybe they should start looking at how things are done on the ground. If there were no social media, the Malay chick trying to rent a stall at Tampines Mall would not have made the news.

I dont blame the clinic nurse for telling my relative that there was no class C ward available when there were a few empty beds in ward 3 because she was perhaps just relaying what she received from the admission section. What I do blame is the govt and health care system which resort to telling lies, half truths and who lack compassion for the sick. It is a systemic problem brought abt by the pap's greed. This greed, instead of compassion, permeates throughout the SG system

Last edited:

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
definitely directive frm higher up to empty your CPF monies at any given chance...the been going after medisave debt lately again... could Heng stroke be karmic force at work?

i agree with you. whose fault that we hv such a corrupt system?

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal

My question is does the pap know the system is so bad and the people are suffering under their bad policies? Does the clinic nurse know that she was spouting a lie? Does the admission office staff know that what she told the clinic nurse wld make a poor 70yr old man forego many decent meals because of what she said?

Everyone seems to think that the problem in the system is not her problem because she is just doing her job and relaying what she received from the vertical channel

Last edited:

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal

My illiterate relative may be grateful that the nurse managed to get him a class C bed and that he is paying $35 instead of $75. But i see the rot in the system.

Singaporeans are so pitiful to hv such a greedy govt

Last edited:

lifeafter41

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
My relative has 4th stage lung cancer. He is 70yrs old, unemployed and stays in a 3-rm HDB flat. Recently I accompanied him for an oncologic imaging at SGH. The scan ended at abt 4.30pm. The radiographer informed him that the oncologist wanted to see him immediately.

He saw the oncologist at abt 5pm. The doctor told him that he had water in his lungs and advised that he be warded to have the fluid drained. My relative agreed.

The clinic nurse then came to interview him as follows:

Nurse: Uncle, what class ward do you like?
Patient: Class C
Nurse: How wld you like to pay for the bills
Patient: Medisave
Nurse: Ok. Thanks. I will go check for ward availability
Patient: Thank you

abt 30mins later....

Nurse: Sorry, uncle, no class C bed available. Can i put you in class B2. After subsidy it is only $75 per day
Patient: How much is a class C bed?
Nurse: $35 per day
Patient: Can I wait for Class C bed?
Nurse: Yes, but you may have to wait whole night, and if no bed, we will have to let you sleep along the corridor
Patient: I will wait for Class C bed
Nurse: Ok

Abt 15 mins later,

Nurse: good news, uncle, managed to get a class C bed for you. We can bring you to the ward. It is Block 6, Ward 3.
Patient: Thank you for your help

I accompanied my relative to the ward after registration.

Ward 3 had several empty beds. The ward nurse was very courteous and we exchanged greetings and a brief conversation as follows...

Me: Thank you, nurse. The ward has several empty beds.
Nurse: Yes, some empty beds
Me: But the clinic nurse told my relative that no Class C bed is available..
Nurse looked awkward and hurried away

Singaporeans are so pitiful to have a PM, Health Minister and Hospital who think nothing wrong abt telling lies just to get an extra $40 per day from a 70yr old, unemployed, terminally sick Singaporean who lives in a 3room HDB flat without any source of income.

What kind of govt exploit the poor, the terminally sick and the vulnerable? And this govt dares to preach graciousness and care to Singaporeans! What audacity!

Did the oncologist says how long he will be able to live moving forward.
It does not look good with water accumulation in the lungs, usually its about 1.5 years max.
Had a relative that had passed away due to lung cancer......very similar situation, water accumulation in the lungs, stage 4 lung cancer
They were able to prolong the life by prescribing some very expensive medicine, that cost almost S$100/pill, just to control the growth.
After a period of time, if will lose it efficacy.......

shittypore

Alfrescian
Loyal
Its alwiz better to end your own life when there is no hope of cure, the saying, better to die than fall seriously ill in Shittypore is true! Thnks to PAP.

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
Did the oncologist says how long he will be able to live moving forward.
It does not look good with water accumulation in the lungs, usually its about 1.5 years max.
Had a relative that had passed away due to lung cancer......very similar situation, water accumulation in the lungs, stage 4 lung cancer
They were able to prolong the life by prescribing some very expensive medicine, that cost almost S$100/pill, just to control the growth.
After a period of time, if will lose it efficacy.......

oncologist didnt perdict how long he will live

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
Its alwiz better to end your own life when there is no hope of cure, the saying, better to die than fall seriously ill in Shittypore is true! Thnks to PAP.

Singaporeans are so pitiful to hv an uncaring and ungracious govt like the pap. They will realise it during their twilight years hod bad the pap is. Young singaporeans better wise up and know the truth how things are done in SG

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
Too rich and thrifty lah. Just trying to help us part with our money. That is what means testing is all about. You deserve better, we upgrade for you! Teehee!

Reddog

Alfrescian
Loyal

Whatever. Apparently 69.9% of idiots in Singapore want this situation to last.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
The health ministry is one of Old Man's keen interest. Not sure why but I think its because GKS and the likes of Hon Sui Sen were focused on the economy. He would meddle from the top to toe. His brother in law was also Perm sec. He once called Andrew Chew and set him a target to recover 7% of the cost from patient. That was the first benchmark. The previous model of following the UK and much of the commonwealth was stopped.

To your question, yes. The PAP has been involved in every aspect of our medical care from day 1.

My question is does the pap know the system is so bad and the people are suffering under their bad policies? Does the clinic nurse know that she was spouting a lie? Does the admission office staff know that what she told the clinic nurse wld make a poor 70yr old man forego many decent meals because of what she said?

Everyone seems to think that the problem in the system is not her problem because she is just doing her job and relaying what she received from the vertical channel

shittypore

Alfrescian
Loyal
Singaporeans are so pitiful to hv an uncaring and ungracious govt like the pap. They will realise it during their twilight years hod bad the pap is. Young singaporeans better wise up and know the truth how things are done in SG

The usual reply, we dont own u a living. Wonder who really benefitted frm tis fuck up system in Shittypore?

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
A democratically elected Gahmen which the citizens are proud of, and cherish so much they feel their lives will be nothing without their leadership! Majullah! This gahmen dares because it can. They tested it with the chewing gum ban, and the entire society says the gahmen is great, that others do not have the wisdom to carry out such a task! And the peoples subserviently obey the rules.

Cheers!

.............................What kind of govt exploit the poor, the terminally sick and the vulnerable? And this govt dares to preach graciousness and care to Singaporeans! What audacity!

yahoo55

Alfrescian
Loyal
Very dirty trick by the PAP govt hospital to con Sinkie peasants to pay more for medical, there's a big difference in prices between B2 ward and C ward. It's very deceitful and infuriating that the PAP govt hospital are lying to patients about no bed availability, and even telling patients that they have to wait the whole night and sleep along the corridor to force them to upgrade and pay more.

While PAP deceives and squeezes Sinkie peasants to pay lots more for public hospital care, the PAP ministers themselves enjoy FREE premium class A medical care, just ask Khaw who only paid $8 for his premium class A hospital care and bypass surgery.

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
The health ministry is one of Old Man's keen interest. Not sure why but I think its because GKS and the likes of Hon Sui Sen were focused on the economy. He would meddle from the top to toe. His brother in law was also Perm sec. He once called Andrew Chew and set him a target to recover 7% of the cost from patient. That was the first benchmark. The previous model of following the UK and much of the commonwealth was stopped.

To your question, yes. The PAP has been involved in every aspect of our medical care from day 1.

LKY staffed MOH with his yes-men. GCT and Howe Yoon Chong. The ones who came out with medisave and who extended CPF withdrawal age beyong the originally agreed 55

Last edited: