• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Quotable Quotes: Chicken soup for the soul (pls contribute)

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
TGIF wisdom (or famous wisecracks?) :p

8339569397_21af130c27.jpg

6ce5c98ab5601bd8d12feadc15efe90d.jpg

images

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
In the vein of infamous quotes from local scene :p

“If my father had not taken that boat to Singapore, today I might be a Chinese citizen …
if we didn’t separate in 1965, today you and I would be Malaysians, ‘heng’ (lucky) ah”
– Lim Swee Say (Sep 2015)

• Reaction to his uncalled for remarks was swift with many criticising him for belittling other countries’ economic progress. It is grossly arrogant and insensitive. Askmelah may very well be the billionaire founder of Tencent’s Pony Ma instead of semi jobless. Lim Swee Say is beyond doubt a shameful political liability of Singapore, Period. More:Heng ah, I was not born in Singapore – FT

http://mysingaporenews.blogspot.sg/2016/02/heng-ah-i-was-not-born-in-singapore-ft.html
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Our Woody's :p

“We are our own check. The integrity of our leaders, of our MPs. That’s where the check comes from.…
not this seductive lie of check and balance.”
(
August 2015)

Emeritus Senior Minister Goh Chok said that check and balance is a seductive lie and that the ruling party PAP government is their own checks. Askmelah wonders if a similar incident similar to 1MDB ever happened to Temasek Holding, it will have a slim chance of being exposed with little transparency and information, few opposition MPs in parliament and strong grip of the mass media by the Government. Ho Ching reports to Lee Hsien Loong, no need for check and balance? Who is he kidding? Might as well has no democracy since PAP will do no wrong. Why the hypocrisy? More on
Ownself check ownself? “

Last edited:

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Infamous quotes from local scene, continued :p

“In Japan, the CEO and board of directors will call a press conference and take a deep bow, and in the good old days, they may even commit hara-kiri. Where there are breaches of the Companies Act, both the company as well as the individuals responsible will be charged, and if found guilty, punished with fines and/or jail terms for the individuals.”
Feb 2015)

• Khaw Boon Wan on management lapses committed by Opposition-held town council and demanded drastic actions by the Opposition MPs.

• Askmleah thinks the likes of Wong Kan Seng’s Mas Selamat incident, Mah Bow Tan’s mismanagement of the housing issue, Khaw Boon Wan in the Seng Kang’s columbarium incident, Teo Chee Hean’s ICA security breaches and Little India Riots, Lui Tuck Yew’s numerous MRT breakdowns under his watch, Vivian Balakrishnan’s various “ponding” incidents, YOG overbudget by three times and hundred of million lost, and Lee Hsien Loong’s mismanagement of immigration issues will certainly fit the bill super well. The magnitude and loss of these incidents are many folds that of AHPETC audit issue.

• Numerous PAP MPs put on 24-hour suicide watch after Khaw Boon Wan said commit suicide because of lapses. See a long list of past blunders committed or associated by Khaw himself. He would have committed hara-kiri many times over, if he were born in the good old days. Askmelah’s advice to Khaw: please think carefully in future before you use colourful words. “I’m a reasonable person. I don’t go around asking people to commit suicide…” and Khaw’s famously said “I do not like to attack others, I will focus on what I can do, what I’ve done and what I can do for the voters, and then let the voters choose themselves , you attack other people, what for?”

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Recall this gaffe on his prized possession? :p

“Everybody has a car, we have two… We are professionals, we need to travel” (2013)

• Defeated Punggol East PAP candidate Dr. Koh Poh Koon later admitted that “even an idiot wouldn’t say that”. He meant to say that, as doctors, he and his wife are “medical professionals” who need their cars to attend to emergencies. Just that it smacks ofElitism.
-----------------------

They (top civil servants) get paid more, they’re highly educated, and they have bigger egos, bigger than any government employees I’ve met anywhere else in the world. It’s not good or bad, but they consider themselves superior to almost any government employee in the world.”

• renowned executive coach Marshall Goldsmith on civil servants’ ego in Singapore.