• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Based on this, PAP MPs and ministers are pretty useless

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Sin Boon Ann to step in as Second Advisor at Tampines GRO while Heng recovers

SINGAPORE - Former Member of Parliament (MP) for Tampines Central Sin Boon Ann will be joining the Tampines Central Grassroots Organisation (GRO) as Second Advisor while Heng Swee Keat recovers from a stroke.

Mr Sin and the other Tampines GRC MPs made the announcement on Facebook on Saturday (May 14) night.

"I will be stepping up as Second Advisor to Tampines Central Grassroots Organisation while Mr Heng is recovering from his stroke," Mr Sin wrote.

"While our prayers and thoughts for a speedy recovery are with him at this time, our utmost priority must surely be the welfare and well being of the residents. There should not be any disruption in attending to their needs," he added.

Tampines GRC MPs Mr Baey Yam Keng, Mr Masagos Zulkifli, Mr Desmond Choo and Ms Cheng Li Hui said in a joint letter that Mr Sin had contacted the team after hearing of Mr Heng's stroke and offered to help.

"Given Mr Sin's experience and deep bonds with the grassroots organisations in the division, we thought it would be useful to appoint him as 2nd Adviser to the GROs," they said in the letter.

Mr Sin will start working as Second Advisor from Monday (May 16).

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
An MP cum Minister out of commission, the GRC that has another minister and few MPs cannot hold the fort. They must ask for the assistance of an UNELECTED, albeit ex-MP, to help.

What does that say about the capabilities of this bunch of elected MPs and minister?

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
What's the pay for second advisor like? Is it same as MP pay?

"Mr Sin will start working as Second Advisor from Monday (May 16)."

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Oh, there is a mayor too. So, what does he do? Nothing to help out.

PAP is wasting money on having mayors. What is their role and how have they performed? Now is the time for the mayor to step up to help out. Nope, PAP has to hire an ex-MP to help out.

Tampines resident will see their fees go up because there is this extra salary to pay!

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset

Simi lancheow is second advisor? Is this an invented position like Senile Minister, minister Mental, Senile Minister Emeritus, etc? For $17K a month, can the taxpayers get the First Advisor instead of the Second Advisor?

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset

PAP is wasting money on having mayors. What is their role and how have they performed? Now is the time for the mayor to step up to help out. Nope, PAP has to hire an ex-MP to help out.

Tampines resident will see their fees go up because there is this extra salary to pay!

PAP has caused sinkieland to be the most bloated bureaucracy in the world.

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
with an incompetent leadership as PM the domino cards is starting to fall apart.

give and take 2 more elections PAP is finish.

Sin Boon Ann to step in as Second Advisor at Tampines GRO while Heng recovers

SINGAPORE - Former Member of Parliament (MP) for Tampines Central Sin Boon Ann will be joining the Tampines Central Grassroots Organisation (GRO) as Second Advisor while Heng Swee Keat recovers from a stroke.

Mr Sin and the other Tampines GRC MPs made the announcement on Facebook on Saturday (May 14) night.

"I will be stepping up as Second Advisor to Tampines Central Grassroots Organisation while Mr Heng is recovering from his stroke," Mr Sin wrote.

"While our prayers and thoughts for a speedy recovery are with him at this time, our utmost priority must surely be the welfare and well being of the residents. There should not be any disruption in attending to their needs," he added.

Tampines GRC MPs Mr Baey Yam Keng, Mr Masagos Zulkifli, Mr Desmond Choo and Ms Cheng Li Hui said in a joint letter that Mr Sin had contacted the team after hearing of Mr Heng's stroke and offered to help.

"Given Mr Sin's experience and deep bonds with the grassroots organisations in the division, we thought it would be useful to appoint him as 2nd Adviser to the GROs," they said in the letter.

Mr Sin will start working as Second Advisor from Monday (May 16).

rambo22

Alfrescian
Loyal
PAP wont finish 1

70% of sinkies and new citizens lube them

if you think carefully

the MPs and Ministars are not idiots

the real idiots are the 70% who sarported them

songsongjurong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Tampines is a GRC, can the other MP step in? let me guess, they want extra $$$ for their part time MPS...

btw,Heng be on paid medical leave as $16,000 monthly MP of tampines? if happennin Aljunied, By Election will be tabled in next parliament sitting

jw5

Loyal

No mention of pay and it would appear that the second advisor is there to adviSe the first advisor. :wink:

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I think they are preparing for coming by election.

In a GRC, there will only be a by-election if the entire team steps down or is incapacitated. Even if the GRC team is down to a single member, there is still no need for by-election.

Brightkid

Alfrescian
Loyal
I thought one of objective of GRC is that workload can be covered between the group of MPs?

How then does AMK GRC and Tanjong PAgar GRC function when the PM, ex-PM do. OT do any estate work?

And how can someone non-elected be appinted to do MP work? This is very unfair to the residents, especially those voters who did not vote for PAP in last GE.

If that's the case, shouldn't there be a BE?

I guess opposition party will be quiet as mice underground.

jw5

Loyal
In a GRC, there will only be a by-election if the entire team steps down or is incapacitated. Even if the GRC team is down to a single member, there is still no need for by-election.

You're right, but there will be a Sixth and possibly Seventh Advisor. :biggrin:

Dreamer1

Alfrescian
Loyal
DOG:
<In a GRC, there will only be a by-election if the entire team steps down or is incapacitated. Even if the GRC team is down to a single member, there is still no need for by-election.>

Oh ya, Doggy you are right, hard to remember PAP's magical name GRC, hahaha, LOL, I withdraw lah

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Don't forget they have a $2.50 Nasi Campur Baey...& an equally useless (lost again) Choo Choo Train there....spread the word load...how about the Malay fellow....you see, all over paid & under work....only one person is carrying such a heave work load....ha ha ha ha

batman1

Alfrescian
Loyal
They are very unproductive and costly.We taxpayers paid 3 times the normal cost of a PM .
we paid PM + SM + MM to do the job of a PM.confirm the PInky is weak.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Simi lancheow is second advisor? Is this an invented position like Senile Minister, minister Mental, Senile Minister Emeritus, etc? For $17K a month, can the taxpayers get the First Advisor instead of the Second Advisor?

That's like hiring a temp staff to cover when people go on maternity leave. Now I think back I very stupid to earn a fraction of their pay and yet cover my accountant job when she went on maternity leave for three months. I can do free OT for hours why these PAP MPs cannot? Didn't they say they sacrifice for the people ? Where's their sacrifice? Work abit OT for part time MP job will die is it?