• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat PAP pea brains shrinks further from NOW SG51 ZIKA virus ARRIVED

Ebolar8SG

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://www.channelnewsasia.com/mobile/singapore/singapore-reports-first/2782808.html

Singapore reports first imported Zika case
POSTED: 13 May 2016 20:14 **UPDATED: 13 May 2016 21:12

Aedes mosquito (Photo: AFP/Lluis Robayo)

A
A
SINGAPORE: The Ministry of Health (MOH) and National Environment Agency (NEA) reported Singapore's first imported case of Zika on Friday (May 13).

In a joint statement, MOH and NEA said: "The patient is a 48-year-old male Singapore Permanent Resident who had travelled to Sao Paulo, Brazil from Mar 27 to May 7. The patient developed fever and rash from May 10 and was admitted to Mount Elizabeth Novena Hospital on May 12 and isolated.

"The patient tested positive for Zika virus infection on May 13. He will be transferred to the Communicable Diseases Centre at Tan Tock Seng Hospital for treatment and isolation to minimise the chances of being bitten by mosquitoes and spreading the infection in the community. The patient is currently well and recovering. He will only be discharged upon being tested negative for the Zika virus."

The statement added that MOH is screening the patient's household members, and that the patient's residence at Watten Estate is not an active cluster. It said that NEA has intensified vector control operations to control the Aedes mosquito population in the area, and that MOH and NEA would actively alert residents in the vicinity to seek medical attention should they develop symptoms of fever and rash.

MOH and NEA nevertheless stated: "We advise residents of Watten Estate, Hillcrest Arcadia, The Arcadia and Watten Hill Condominium to monitor their health."

"CHALLENGING" TO STOP ZIKA FROM SPREADING TO SINGAPORE

The Zika virus has been spreading widely through South America, in particular Brazil, where the virus was first linked with babies being born with microcephaly – abnormally small skulls and underdeveloped brains. On Feb 1, the World Health Organization (WHO) declared Zika a global health emergency that needed a coordinated response.

There have been no reports of outbreaks in Asia, although sporadic cases of local Zika infection have been detected in several countries in Southeast Asia, including Cambodia, Indonesia, Philippines, Malaysia and Thailand previously. On Jan 19, Taiwan reported an imported case of Zika from Thailand; South Korea reported its first imported case on Mar 21; and Vietnam, its first infections on Apr 5.

Health Minister Gan Kim Yong warned in January that said it may be "challenging" to prevent the virus from spreading and eventually becoming entrenched in Singapore. Mr Gan said in Parliament that the presence of the Aedes mosquito vector here is one reason for his assessment, and that the mild, non-specific nature of the symptoms in most infected patients would also make surveillance difficult.

Zika was added to the list of legally notifiable infectious diseases on Jan 26, and all medical practitioners and diagnostic laboratories are required to notify MOH of suspected and confirmed cases of Zika virus infection within 24 hours.

MOH also said in early February that it would set up a clinical advisory group on the Zika virus to provide expert advice on the management of pregnant women with Zika. Other precautionary measures were stepped up as well, including sending circulars to doctors and health advisories to travellers to and from Zika-affected countries. *

On Feb 29, Senior Minister of State for Health Amy Khor told Parliament that MOH and NEA would introduce more measures to tackle Zika. She said MOH would expand Zika virus testing capability to more public hospital laboratories, while NEA would step up the testing of blood samples for Zika from patients with fever, rashes and suspected dengue.*

There is no treatment or vaccine for Zika yet. Drugmakers are scrambling to develop a safe and effective vaccine for Zika, but the WHO has said it would take at least 18 months to start large-scale clinical trials.

Ebolar8SG

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wouldn't it be easier to put the PR down and burn his corpse?

If the Zika FT was bitten already by SG mosquitoes, the Zika virus are ALREADY TRANSMITTED to SG mosquitoes. It will spread to more SG51 mosquitoes as well as SG51 people simultaneously, that is how the Zika virology works.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The PR who brought Zika into Spore must be rich because he lives in Watten Estate which is a stones throw from Namly where LHL & family lives.

Even the PAP are not immune from mosquitoes. Maybe LHL will decide to move to the Istana:confused:

JHolmesJr

Alfrescian
Loyal
The PR who brought Zika into Spore must be rich because he lives in Watten Estate which is a stones throw from Namly where LHL & family lives.

I wouldn't say its a stones throw….about six bus stops away from Hwa Chong….the late Ng Teng Fong has a huge but derelict looking bungalow at the entrance to the road.

LOve the Greenwood area next door.

I thought the holy goh stayed at Namly…and the pm lives at Chatsworth.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I wouldn't say its a stones throw….about six bus stops away from Hwa Chong….the late Ng Teng Fong has a huge but derelict looking bungalow at the entrance to the road.

LOve the Greenwood area next door.

I thought the holy goh stayed at Namly…and the pm lives at Chatsworth.

Chatsworth Drive may not be as close as Namly but many PAP MPs live in the Namly area & some may become infected & pass the infection to their boss:wink:

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Great! Now I have NEA officers patrolling my neighbourhood hunting for mosquitoes because one of my neighbours brought back the Zika virus. I hope he kicks the bucket and his corpse gets burnt.

harimau

Alfrescian
Loyal
Red Alert for all those pregnant mommies in Singapore.

Mosquitoes are so common in the country.

It's not difficult to have a Zika virus crisis in the country. Especially when it's highly densely populated.

Better postpone your plans for having kids.

If already started you better pray to God!

The Real AND True One!

Not some half facked kuching kurats idols.

Dun play play with your children life.

Last edited:

JHolmesJr

Alfrescian
Loyal
Red Alert for all those pregnant mommies in Singapore.

Mosquitoes are so common in the country.

It's not difficult to have a Zika virus crisis in the country. Especially when it's highly densely populated.

Better postpone your plans for having kids.

I didn't think it was possible for Singos to have any smaller brains.

Getloud

Alfrescian
Loyal
I wonder if this scenario will happen in the future when Zika virus spread widely in SG.
1. All rich FT will relocate somewhere else.
2. PAP MPs start sending their kids overseas.
3. Tourism down, job lose, economy down.
4. Population 6.9 mil become 4 mil. (4 mil are the one unable to move overseas)
4. In the end, Singaporean suffer with no solution in sight.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I wonder if this scenario will happen in the future when Zika virus spread widely in SG.
1. All rich FT will relocate somewhere else.
2. PAP MPs start sending their kids overseas.
3. Tourism down, job lose, economy down.
4. Population 6.9 mil become 4 mil. (4 mil are the one unable to move overseas)
4. In the end, Singaporean suffer with no solution in sight.

If your parents had lots of money would you want to stay in Spore:confused:

It was rumoured that LHY didn't want to return to Spore. His father had to offer him a job at Singtel to entice him back. Even LKY's grand kids are said to be reluctant to return.

Dreamer1

Alfrescian
Loyal
Great! Now I have NEA officers patrolling my neighbourhood hunting for mosquitoes because one of my neighbours brought back the Zika virus. I hope he kicks the bucket and his corpse gets burnt.

Wow, you must advertise your address isit?????? Ya, true, when I walk around the neighbourhood, and always see many GOGS and BEASTS!!!!!!!