• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Amos Yee arrested again

yangtzejiang

Alfrescian
Loyal
I agree this is a 'handle with care' kind of case but I should think that in this whole island there would be some trained personnel who can get him to agree to some form of treatment. All they need is the right approach and follow through.

This is the crux of the problem - almost everyone thinks he is sick and needs some form of treatment to be cured.

Amos Yee, clockwork orange. There is no happy ending for him if he remains in Singapore. Here we live in the highly functional dystopia described by Orwell a Huxley.

Frenchbriefs said it's worse to lose personal stuff over personal freedom (the jail/imh loss of freedom type.) This widely (?) held view reflects the depths we have sunk towards dystopia.

Amos Yee is the living protagonist of a really bad sci-fi dystopian novel. It ends when he escapes from dystopia after giving up his attempts to remake society into utopia.

chongpangchixwings

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This is the crux of the problem - almost everyone thinks he is sick and needs some form of treatment to be cured.

Amos Yee, clockwork orange. There is no happy ending for him if he remains in Singapore. Here we live in the highly functional dystopia described by Orwell a Huxley.

Frenchbriefs said it's worse to lose personal stuff over personal freedom (the jail/imh loss of freedom type.) This widely (?) held view reflects the depths we have sunk towards dystopia.

Amos Yee is the living protagonist of a really bad sci-fi dystopian novel. It ends when he escapes from dystopia after giving up his attempts to remake society into utopia.

I have my doubts that utopia is on his mind. I personally think this is a spoilt brat behaving badly, tearing into everyone and everything anytime he feels like it and thinks he should get away with it.
Can he be rehabilitated? I don't know. Should we try? I say Yes.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Amos needs to be locked away at IMH for years so that his madness can be treated, or at least put under control.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
1518361_583602491779450_609818469131134721_n.jpg

just look at the retard Amos Yee's supporters

our gay boys here supporting them from behind?

shittypore

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just take away his daily pocket $$$$ and he will start to grow up. Tos that are supporting him financially incl his Parents dont realise they are giving him a rope to hang himself.

Wunderfool

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I was horrified by what he said about Christianity in his video. Even if he is an atheist, there is no need for him to vilify the religion to that extent. Why does he have to tear the Bible in the video just to make his point that Christians are idiots who regard the Bible as the Word of God ? This is disgusting to say the least. Come on, we are a multi-religious society. Live and let live. We allow others their choice of religion just as they allow ours. We don't go around vilifying other people's religion and insulting other people who have a different faith from us. What is happening to this guy ?

Last edited:

yangtzejiang

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have my doubts that utopia is on his mind. I personally think this is a spoilt brat behaving badly, tearing into everyone and everything anytime he feels like it and thinks he should get away with it.
Can he be rehabilitated? I don't know. Should we try? I say Yes.

There is nothing to rehabilitate. Only citizens of dystopia view his behavior as being sufficiently deviant to warrant correction/rehab in an institution like IMH.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If Amos tears the bible he alone will be the target.

But if he tears the quran, he will also make his family a target. That is an important difference.

So far got fatwa against him?
Besides pap no one seems interested in him. He is still alive and well, so is Alvin avivi.
The more you are afraid of terrorists and dare not speak up the more you will be targeted.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
What you wrote reminded me of Alfian Saat. Alfian quit his medical studies to rebel against the shackles of our society. He used words, narrative and poems to push his cause but nothing like Amos. When Alfian got fed up he moved to Malaysia and as a Malay he could have got citizenship which is matter of course. He came back bitterly disappointed of what he saw over there.

I doubt Amos realises that he is hurting someone whose religion is dear and the only hope for that individual very existence in this planet. The law was introduced to protect these people and their faith. There are millions of people around the World who believe that there is no such thing as god and its all bullshit but they keep their counsel to themselves because they know genuinely that it hurts some member of the faith badly. I am of course not talking about fundamentalist or extremist or the new age churches.

Look at the followers of religion, the vast majority are decent people ready to help another soul. If Amos aimed it autocratic regime like we have, I have no complaints.

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
Why does this boy put his parents through hell again and again?! They say teenagers will learn their lesson when they are put through a major crisis. He has had a few thus far, and is still none the wiser.

nkfnkfnkf

Alfrescian
Loyal
Amos is the SMARTEST EVER young activist.

1. Disrespectful of LKY n fearless of PAP LHL entirely.

2. Never trust any opposition and put all to shame. He will never join nor help any party.

3. Correctly put down Jesus and god and Christianity. But he still learning. He can go a long way, on absolutely correct path.

4. Don't seem to be interested nor trusting electoral system. Which is again Right thing!

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I was horrified by what he said about Christianity in his video. Even if he is an atheist, there is no need for him to vilify the religion to that extent. Why does he have to tear the Bible in the video just to make his point that Christians are idiots who regard the Bible as the Word of God ? This is disgusting to say the least. Come on, we are a multi-religious society. Live and let live. We allow others their choice of religion just as they allow ours. We don't go around vilifying other people's religion and insulting other people who have a different faith from us. What is happening to this guy ?

Amos did what he did because he knows that Christians won't issue death threats or burn his family home down for what he did. It's the same for the Liberals in the West who often mock Christianity in public but are very deferential towards Islam and will bend over backwards to accommodate Muslims.

Amos knows that if he tore up a Quran, a large part of the 1 billion Muslims worldwide will want to kill him. He will never be safe anywhere.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
You raise a good point. He is too young and egging him on puts a lots of pressure on the parents not to mention their suffering.

Why does this boy put his parents through hell again and again?! They say teenagers will learn their lesson when they are put through a major crisis. He has had a few thus far, and is still none the wiser.