• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious Request for moderator to indicate reason for ban.

kryonlight

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Currently, tonychat and Jah_rastafar_I are banned. Kindly indicate the reason for their bans so that we may learn from their mistakes. I am a staunch supporter of PAP's lifelong continuous learning paradigm.

hsienloong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Currently, tonychat and Jah_rastafar_I are banned. Kindly indicate the reason for their bans so that we may learn from their mistakes. I am a staunch supporter of PAP's lifelong continuous learning paradigm.

What has staunch supporter of PAP got to do with the ban.
I know you are a PAP supporter, does that make you any different from other forumers here.
There is a different between real world and online.
In the real world you can suck your master's cock and hide behind them
but not online

By stating you are PAP supporter, you think the mods here fear you and will give in to you?

MadrigalWheel

Alfrescian
Loyal
LOL. Seems like the nick always most concerned by a banned member is always the prime suspect of that nicks multiple clone.

Probably realised it when They couldn't log on with that nick.

kryonlight

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
What has staunch supporter of PAP got to do with the ban.
I know you are a PAP supporter, does that make you any different from other forumers here.

Your English comprehension sucks! A staunch supporter of PAP's lifelong continuous learning paradigm does not equate to being a staunch supporter of PAP.

LOL. Seems like the nick always most concerned by a banned member is always the prime suspect of that nicks multiple clone.

Actually no. I am neither tonychat nor Jah_rastafar_I. I remembered CABcommander was banned too about a week ago if I am not wrong. Just genuinely interested to know the reason for the ban. It makes for a more transparent forum.

Debonerman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Your English comprehension sucks! A staunch supporter of PAP's lifelong continuous learning paradigm does not equate to being a staunch supporter of PAP.

Actually no. I am neither tonychat nor Jah_rastafar_I. I remembered CABcommander was banned too about a week ago if I am not wrong. Just genuinely interested to know the reason for the ban. It makes for a more transparent forum.

You and jw5 must be a pair. But as usual jw5 will be hiding behind. You gays are so predictable.....LOL

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
I too would appreciate a reason for the bans because some of them I don't understand.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
even if no reasons are given, at least have the balls to state 'which' moderator did it. :kma:

moderator cannot ban. must be supermod or admin. in this case scroobal must have been reinstated with another handle with a supermod account. to avoid being banned, pay up and be an infp member. :wink:

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Kena ban then start another nick lor.....
Why so hung up on your nick? If scare others can't recognize you then created similar nick lor

bloodycock

Alfrescian
Loyal
I too would appreciate a reason for the bans because some of them I don't understand.

It looks like you dont run the forum any longer of if you do you are totally hands off and barely involved. I guess when you 'invited ' Scroobal back recently some kind of handover was already agreed upon.
You did a good job I must say and I did have a good time but all things come to an end eventually.

Now the new guys are in control and of course it is their right to steer the forum the way they want it to go but they should be fair and upfront about what they would or would not like to see posted.

It is no point simply banning Jah and Tony and whomever else without supplying some kind of indication to them why they were banned. At least give them an option to either change how they post or leave the forum.

My 5 cents ( inclusive of GST ) worth.

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Premium members can also be banned. This forum is not the old Delphi where paid nicks were immune and could ride roughshod over normal nicks by writing to the DelphiForums Administrator.

Leongsam has banned paid nicks before so there is no immunity here for anyone.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Some are obvious. Jah was disrupting a perfectly decent thread started by CKMPD and Rusty raised it. Tonychat disrupted another by calling RandomNexus a clone. Its not helpful when people with substance contribute taking time and effort to put forth a decent argument. It not only puts them off from further contributing, it discourages newbies from joining discussions. It will also continue to discourage the vets of the past returning. Lets not forget this forum ran for months and I think for 2 years just on the spamming of some clown's photo. Look at it now. If Zeddy, GD, Narong, Sam and few others did not force the issue, I doubt we would have arrived at this stage.

And we not talking about high brow stuff. An example of topical issues are the reclaiming of Mandarin Gardens. I seriously could not believe the Indians took over within thinking thru and I am sure the majority of Singaporeans are incensed. Or someone selling tissues.

I am actually surprised when an unknown nicks appears when someone gets banned that these unknown nicks have lot of points. It does show that previously the points did serve an important purpose but for the wrong reason. Can you imagine people creating nicks and taking the trouble to build points and some to actually buy points.

Anyway, not sure how the recent clean run will last. I am not sure if we can bring back others or attract new ones.

For Sam, I think it will be a commercial decision because it will not be fair for him to shoulder the cost. At the end of the day, things change but the no. of click views are crucial no matter how trivial, illogical or repetitive the content is in bringing in the bucks .

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
See my point about unknown nicks with points that suddenly appear. I remember Singveld expressed his shock on the huge number of nicks that hardly appeared with points when he made a mod. Either these guys lack the courage to standup with their regular nick or out to create mischief. I have expressed my concern in the past about bullying in this forum using nicks and points and the sponsors behind them.

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
The vets should step up to the fore and create discussion threads on all kinds of topics especially those close to their hearts. Hate to have to borrow Trump but it's time to make sammyboy forum great again.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
I agree. I have forced myself to start a topic even on days when I have other matters to attend just to kick-start the forum. I am sure others are also doing it. We need more discussions and more members doing it. Elections generally bring in more views and we should capitalise and retain them. It will be good if members start topics that are close to their vicinity or even localised events such as the Mandarin Gardens ones.

I am sure members would rather see nicks banned for making gratuitous personal attacks or disrupting threads without even grasping at the topic or attempting to debunk the argument put forth. Freedom of speech is lovely but it is no longer freedom of speech when attacks shuts up decent people. Can we then claim that we are truly democratic.

The vets should step up to the fore and create discussion threads on all kinds of topics especially those close to their hearts. Hate to have to borrow Trump but it's time to make sammyboy forum great again.

Big Sexy

Super Moderator
SuperMod
holy cow....

da8eb00123fe989574484804d33c38c1.jpg

I believe only Big Sexy and Leongsam have the power of ban.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
I guess I have been rather naive in the running of this forum. In many ways it has been a big disappointment because it has captured a lot more childishness and the vindictiveness than it has robust but stimulating discourse.

There is no easy solution. I've taken the hands off approach and allowed everyone to have their say no matter how disruptive and the forum has gone downhill as a result.

With the tightening of the screws the usual accusations of bias and victimisation have resurfaced.

I honestly have to rethink the whole concept given the fact that the whole political landscape has changed since the good old days.