• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Left with 50 dollars in wallet and 200 in the bank.....10 may 2016

jw5

Loyal
Ask the kiddo to check at the general office for financial assistance, study hard and earn those bursary awards.
There's ST pocket money fund or something like that, tap into it.
Where's Comcare and the what nots? Most important, has he seen his MP?

There's edusave, edufund, medisave, medifund, medishield, eldershield, all they need now is to start a edushield and elderfund to keep the young and old happy. Hopefully soon, they will realize that only the first and last word were changed to form a new word. :biggrin:

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
Hopefully soon, they will realize that only the first and last word were changed to form a new word. :biggrin:

That's why I advocate free education. The adults can eat grass for all that matters; the kids should be given a fair chance in life to get ahead.

lifeafter41

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
There's edusave, edufund, medisave, medifund, medishield, eldershield, all they need now is to start a edushield and elderfund to keep the young and old happy. Hopefully soon, they will realize that only the first and last word were changed to form a new word. :biggrin:

I believe his kid is on those bursary scheme.....not a lot, but it does help.

At the very least, his family still can make it, albeit sometimes finance is a little tight, unlike in another post, struggling family, just gave birth to another 2 baby, running out of milk powder.... Hubby daily rated worker, that's even worse......frankly, it's bloody irresponsible....

jw5

Loyal
I believe his kid is on those bursary scheme.....not a lot, but it does help.

At the very least, his family still can make it, albeit sometimes finance is a little tight, unlike in another post, struggling family, just gave birth to another 2 baby, running out of milk powder.... Hubby daily rated worker, that's even worse......frankly, it's bloody irresponsible....

Your friend may have been earning more when he had his kid, but frankly, with 3 figure amount in the bank with a non working wife and a secondary school kid, he is also cutting it very close. :(

lifeafter41

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Your friend may have been earning more when he had his kid, but frankly, with 3 figure amount in the bank with a non working wife and a secondary school kid, he is also cutting it very close. :(

Hi jw, yes he is.
As it is, he is finding out information on Uber driving to supplement his income since OT is limited or basically non existent now.
He told me over the weekend he will be starting to drive Uber before end of the month or earlier.

Have advised to him, when he starting taking on Uber, he should start saving immediately from this supplemental income.
He is in agreement with it...........

jw5

Loyal
Hi jw, yes he is.
As it is, he is finding out information on Uber driving to supplement his income since OT is limited or basically non existent now.
He told me over the weekend he will be starting to drive Uber before end of the month or earlier.

Have advised to him, when he starting taking on Uber, he should start saving immediately from this supplemental income.

Hopefully things will get better for him and his family.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hi jw, yes he is.

I dun understand this about part time Uber driving.
You either drive full time or you dun....because the car rental is 24/7 so letting the car sit idle is losing money....
Part time cab driving I can understand the logic since the rental is shared

lifeafter41

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I dun understand this about part time Uber driving.
You either drive full time or you dun....because the car rental is 24/7 so letting the car sit idle is losing money....
Part time cab driving I can understand the logic since the rental is shared

Hi Narong, same here, not into Uber driving here, not able to advise to him as well.
Understand he went into some Uber driving talk conducted by Uber or some Uber partner talk.

Maybe those driving Uber here should be able to give some details....

Nevertheless, main thing is he is getting his act together, and save money whenever he can........