• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Singapore Is In Trouble

ontheA1

Alfrescian
Loyal
When a PM of a small country complains he is underpaid when he gets triple US President's pay, that country is in trouble.

Where did he say that? I get $12 an hour but I can give some of that to him if he shows me proof he is really overworked and underpaid.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is what our cabinet minister Grace Fu wrote in her Facebook.

“When I made the decision to join politics in 2006, pay was not a key factor. Loss of privacy, public scrutiny on myself and my family and loss of personal time were. The disruption to my career was also an important consideration. I had some ground to believe that my family would not suffer a drastic change in the standard of living even though I experienced a drop in my income. So it is with this recent pay cut. If the balance is tilted further in the future, it will make it harder for any one [sic] considering political office.” Grace Fu.

She is also forgot to mention that he father was the first card carrying communist member to defect to serve the old man. And I am sure her father was the long serving press secretary of old man did not cross her mind when she got the job in a GLC and then in Parliament and then in Cabinet.

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal

She is also forgot to mention that he father was the first card carrying communist member to defect to serve the old man. And I am sure her father was the long serving press secretary of old man did not cross her mind when she got the job in a GLC and then in Parliament and then in Cabinet.

Thanks for bringing up Grace's comments.

Last edited:

borom

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
When a PM of a small country complains he is underpaid when he gets triple US President's pay, that country is in trouble.

I seems to have missed that-can you quote the source.
Many many lawyers waiting to sue you for defamation.

Wunderfool

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Where is her sense of public service ? Why all the talk of self sacrifice when you are getting millions whereas the majority of the public that you serve don't even make a tenth of your pay?

songsongjurong

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://www.yeocheowtong.com/Salaries.html

Singapore Governmental Salaries

President SGD4,000,000.00
Total SGD20,000,000.00 for 5year terms.

https://sg.news.yahoo.com/singapore...dent-s-annual-salary-tops-s-4-2-million-.html

Singapore (tax free!):
Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong: US$1,700,000.
Singapore President: US$1,190,000
Singapore cabinet ministers: US$850,000
Singapore members of parliament: US$148,306

Note 1: New ministers will make about S$1.1 million (US$850,000)
Note 2: The monthly pay for a Singapore Member of Parliament (who does virtually nothing) is S$192,500 (US$148,306) per year tax free.
Note 3: In addition to their inflated salaries, the Singapore politicians receive extra pay as appointed company directors!

United States (not tax free):
President: US$400,000, with US$50,000 expenses
Vice President: US$202,900
Cabinet Secretaries: US$157,000 - $186,600
Secretary of State: $186,600

United Kingdom: Prime Minister: US$279,000
Australia: Prime Minister: US$229,000
Hong Kong: Prime Minister: US$516,000
Japan: Prime Minister: US$$359,000
Canada: Prime Minister: US$246,000
Germany: Prime Minister: US$303,000
France: Prime Minister: US$318,000

songsongjurong

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://www.mrbrown.com/blog/2011/05/dumbass-remark-of-the-week-dr-lim-wee-kiak.html

Dignity.jpg

“....maintain a bit of dignity."

Dreamer1

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://singaporedesk.blogspot.sg/2011/02/just-what-doctor-ordered.html?m=1

Manpower Minister Dr Ng Eng Hen said “You’re getting a bargain for the ministers you get… I worked half as much and earn(ed) five times more when I was in the private sector.”

Will the next intake NSMen just occupy CMPB and demand higher recruit,serviceman pay peg to executive,management trainee?

This fucker has no common sense, he thinks his job now is still choking ne ne of female Papies, which is a high pay easy job, of course.

batman1

Alfrescian
Loyal
The facts are :Singapore is an Island Of Greed.
In 2015,70% have sold their souls for money.
The 70 % have been poisoned with pappydrug by the miw for last 50 years.
They needed cold-turkey treatment by electric-shock to wake up their senses.

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
http://singaporedesk.blogspot.sg/2011/02/just-what-doctor-ordered.html?m=1

Manpower Minister Dr Ng Eng Hen said “You’re getting a bargain for the ministers you get… I worked half as much and earn(ed) five times more when I was in the private sector.”

Will the next intake NSMen just occupy CMPB and demand higher recruit,serviceman pay peg to executive,management trainee?

I find Bargain Hen a disgusting human being. Like the rest of his overpaid comrades with inflated egos, with elevated sense of self importance. The concept of public service is lost on them, and they are drawn and motivated by greed. Then by power.

It will be a cold day in hell before I vote PAP. And I hope to see the demise of the PAP within my lifetime. An uphill task since daft sinkies are so lost and clueless.

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
I find Bargain Hen a disgusting human being. Like the rest of his overpaid comrades with inflated egos, with elevated sense of self importance. The concept of public service is lost on them, and they are drawn and motivated by greed. Then by power.

It will be a cold day in hell before I vote PAP. And I hope to see the demise of the PAP within my lifetime. An uphill task since daft sinkies are so lost and clueless.

Fortunately sinkies are wise. Better a greedy man who delivers than a righteous man who doesn't.