• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Saw Tan Howe Liang begging at Albert Food Court Just now

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
to sell tissue to kfc and lhl? both will insist on getting discount.

Better donch do that. Once they see how profitable tissue selling is, they will arrow Temasek to start a GLC to monopolize the tissue selling business in Singapore.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have no idea why old man felt that we moved from 3rd to 1s World when we see tissue sellers all over the island and they are frail and old or disabled. Its a disgrace. And this started in the 1980s. We all know that people buy these tissues for humanitarian reasons. If he can clean the filthy Kallang River and award gold medals to the team, why not help those who help build Singapore.

Yes agree. They are greedy but smart, They won't let u starve but will get u to work for a pittance while they enjoy their million $ lifestyle.. If u don't agree with them. U think they'll allow Chee or his family to die? No way. But squeeze him in his 3 rm flat .. No prob!

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have no idea why old man felt that we moved from 3rd to 1s World when we see tissue sellers all over the island and they are frail and old or disabled. Its a disgrace. And this started in the 1980s. We all know that people buy these tissues for humanitarian reasons. If he can clean the filthy Kallang River and award gold medals to the team, why not help those who help build Singapore.

LKY claimed that we are 1st World. But look at the ungraciousness of PAP MPs eg LHL, KBW, VB. The PAP MPs have 3rd world behaviours and values

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I will not help him because I feel that sinkies deserve the shit life they have for being fucking stupid.. U want PAP to be the govt and this is what your stupidity gets you..

stuffycunt

Alfrescian
Loyal
happy to tell you that my flatmate is selling tissues at bedok hawker central and keeping fit.

attachment.php

20140110_st_tommy_koh_0.jpg

Last edited:

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I will not help him because I feel that sinkies deserve the shit life they have for being fucking stupid.. U want PAP to be the govt and this is what your stupidity gets you..

Well said.
Licensing them was a good move though I prefer them to be banned and outlawed like the beggars that they are

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Well said.
Licensing them was a good move though I prefer them to be banned and outlawed like the beggars that they are

behind the scenes they are working as mules for syndicates. followed the tommy koh lookalike (thanks to stuffycunt for tommy koh's pic - laughed so hard) to the tissue replenishing center and lo and behold there was this van with a tiong-looking chap in it. other tissue peks and pors showed up and turned in cash for more tissues. for every stack of cash collected, tiong chap gave a few notes to "tissue beggar". it's like the garang guni business, the mules go out there and bust their arses while syndicate bosses sit pretty and pay pittance for a hoard. in tissue case, they pay pittance for packs sold. if these peks and pors run their own operations and make $1 per pack they would be very wealthy by now. they are being used by gangs and syndicates to exact sympathies from the clueless public to part their money. it's all a scam.

shiokalingam

Alfrescian
Loyal

just see how khp , ybs and gang treat all their Taxi drivers.
they never ask why the Best Boss award gone to SMRT Taxi.
Definitely 3rd world mgt styles. :biggrin:

Patriot

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks Bro, speaks volumes.

Another one of LKY's so-called HARD TRUTHS:

Lee Kuan Yew: “You go down New York, Broadway. You will see the beggars, people of the streets…

Where are the beggars in Singapore? Show me.”

borom

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
984301_10153159803842988_5751596075781217719_n_large.jpg

Vivian will then ask-Do you want three meals in a hawker centre, food court or restaurant?

Last edited:

Patriot

Alfrescian
Loyal
Jul 19, 2010
Increase in Beggar Population

for
Announcements

topics
help for low-income/needy

[h=3]Question[/h]Mr Laurence Wee Yoke Thong
Nominated MP

To ask the Minister for Community Development, Youth and Sports

(a) what is the reason for the sudden increase in the beggar population in Singapore; and

(b) what steps will the Government take to keep in check or prevent such increases.

[h=3]Written Answer[/h]
The number of people found begging in Singapore fluctuates from year to year. From 2006 to 2009, the average number of beggars picked up is about 85 per year. As of May this year, 60 beggars have been picked up, close to half of them are foreign beggars.

Due to increased public education efforts, MCYS has received more calls on the ComCare Call line alerting us of beggars in the streets. We have also stepped up our surveillance patrols. These have resulted in the increase in the number of beggars picked up.

Begging is an offence in Singapore under the Destitute Persons Act. Singaporeans in financial distress do not have to beg. They can approach the Community Development Councils, Family Service Centres or grassroots organisations for help. In addition, there are many voluntary welfare organisations, religious and civic organisations that provide assistance to the needy. If individuals are unsure where to seek help, they can call the ComCare Call line at 1800-222-0000 to be linked up with these agencies.

Merely giving money to beggars will not solve their more fundamental long-term problems. It may make matters worse by deepening the sense of dependency and loss of dignity. In addition, it will encourage more foreign beggars to come into Singapore to beg. Members of the public who come across beggars should inform MCYS promptly so that appropriate action can be taken. The public can also help the needy by channelling donations to registered charities and Family Service Centres where there are trained social workers who provide effective assistance to people who are truly needy.

MCYS will also continue with our regular surveillance patrols.

- See more at: http://app.msf.gov.sg/MSF-News/Increase-in-Beggar-Population-PQ#sthash.ZgenPA8T.dpuf

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
He probably convinced himself that tissue sellers made a conscious career choice.

Another one of LKY's so-called HARD TRUTHS:

Lee Kuan Yew: “You go down New York, Broadway. You will see the beggars, people of the streets…

Where are the beggars in Singapore? Show me.”