• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Saw Tan Howe Liang begging at Albert Food Court Just now

gingerlyn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Dear brothers and sisters,

I am sad to tell u that I just saw Tan Howe Liang begging and selling tissue papers at Albert Food Court.

I am not sure about his financial position but if you see him, please give him some money.
He is very haggard and did not shave for few days

enterprise2

Alfrescian
Loyal

I am sad to tell u that I just saw Tan Howe Liang begging and selling tissue papers at Albert Food Court.

I am not sure about his financial position but if you see him, please give him some money.

Sure or not! He's Olympic weightlifter! Maybe he's there exercising?

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
happy to tell you that my flatmate is selling tissues at bedok hawker central and keeping fit.

image.jpg

batman1

Alfrescian
Loyal
The 70% have agreed with the MIW
That there are no poor s'pore citizens in
Singapore But only lazy citizens.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
All the tissue sellers of Spore should organise themselves & go to the front of the Istana or maybe to LHL's home.

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
sorry, may be the words that I use is harsh. he sold tissue papers there.
I gave him 2 dollars and declined to take the tissue papers.
do u consider this as begging?

You shouldn't have declined taking the tissue. He was selling tissues, not begging. we know there is not much difference but at least let tissue sellers keep their dignity.

also, you should have asked him who he voted for in 2015

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
I don't think its him. There will be hell to pay if the Govt neglected him. They have accommodated him in the past and I am sure they will act if they find out. This government must also do something about vulnerable people having to sell tissues to look after themselves.

batman1

Alfrescian
Loyal
If he voted for miw,then he is happy n contented to be a tissue seller in his retirement years,he should be grateful to miw for taking good care of his livelihood.

borom

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I'm not sure about other parts, but surely no tissue paper seller in Bukit Batok-otherwise how Ah Mu can get elected. ????

However elderly residents of BB should not mind doing the singapore thing "collecting cardboards for exercise" -seeing how they vote.

Wondering if Ah Mu supporters may want to include collecting discarded cans, bottles and other paraphernalia in their exercise routine-it will kill two birds with one stone, keeping healthy and keeping the area clean. If this catches on, PAP areas can save on conservancy charges and they can have more parks to "stack their cardboards"-sorry I mean exercise..

Last edited:

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

He should have found work as a translator instead of wasting his life on patriotism, medals and ribbons.

What's the point of getting an Olympic medal if it doesn't translate into lucrative coaching career or endorsement deals?

enterprise2

Alfrescian
Loyal
I don't think its him. There will be hell to pay if the Govt neglected him. They have accommodated him in the past and I am sure they will act if they find out. This government must also do something about vulnerable people having to sell tissues to look after themselves.

Yes agree. They are greedy but smart, They won't let u starve but will get u to work for a pittance while they enjoy their million $ lifestyle.. If u don't agree with them. U think they'll allow Chee or his family to die? No way. But squeeze him in his 3 rm flat .. No prob!

JuliaScissors

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sad to hear if it's indeed him. Saw him regularly in the stadium gym in the early years. A classmate's father. Albert food court is the one at bugis?

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Sure or not! He's Olympic weightlifter! Maybe he's there exercising?

yes, the elderly in stinktothecore are very healthy & active people, you have them collecting cardboards for the exercise, working at Macdonald's Tampines Bus Interchange Branch at 92 years of age,flipping french fries, we have them, selling tissues, clearing tables, washing latrines, clearing crockeries ....some time back we even have one of a darker colour....flipping "prata"...

So, they are all exercising......you lazy bums..ha ha ha