• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Scots come all the way here to look for their WW2 History, shameful PAP borchap

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Apparently, the Scottish archeologists have found the WW2 Chapel used by the Gordon Highlanders during their time as POW under the japanese in WW2. On the grounds, spend ammo and shell casings were also found. The site was a last stand battle for the Highlanders and they held off the Japs for a few days until the complete surrender by Percival. The Fucking PAP govt don't give a rats ass about our history, unless it was harry Lee leading the Gordon Highlanders in the fighting there. It takes Scots traveling half way around the world to reveal this part of our history to us. Fucking shameful PAP.

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-scotland-36248052

Long-lost Gordon Highlanders' chapel found in Singapore

9 May 2016 Last updated at 12:19 BST

An archaeologist from Glasgow University has uncovered the long-lost chapel used by Japanese prisoners of war being held in Singapore.

Soldiers from the Gordon Highlanders were held in 1920s colonial housing which survives to this day.

Mystery had surrounded the location of the house used by the soldiers as a place of worship.

BBC News Scotland correspondent Kevin Keane reports from Singapore.

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal
Apparently, the Scottish archeologists have found the WW2 Chapel used by the Gordon Highlanders during their time as POW under the japanese in WW2. On the grounds, spend ammo and shell casings were also found. The site was a last stand battle for the Highlanders and they held off the Japs for a few days until the complete surrender by Percival. The Fucking PAP govt don't give a rats ass about our history, unless it was harry Lee leading the Gordon Highlanders in the fighting there. It takes Scots traveling half way around the world to reveal this part of our history to us. Fucking shameful PAP.

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-scotland-36248052

Long-lost Gordon Highlanders' chapel found in Singapore

9 May 2016 Last updated at 12:19 BST

An archaeologist from Glasgow University has uncovered the long-lost chapel used by Japanese prisoners of war being held in Singapore.

Soldiers from the Gordon Highlanders were held in 1920s colonial housing which survives to this day.

Mystery had surrounded the location of the house used by the soldiers as a place of worship.

BBC News Scotland correspondent Kevin Keane reports from Singapore.

After the war, Lao Lee quickly welcome Japanese MNC to set up shop here. He completely forget how the Japs slaughtered Singkie Chinese by the thousands during the SOOK CHING massacre.

You think LAO lee care about the Scots wasting their life and time in this red dot. LAO LEE is a petty and vindictive character in recorded history. He is a interpreter for the Japs.

KuanTi01

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Our National Archives and Heritage Board deserve a good spanking. It is of historic value and adds to our national treasure trove of heritage. The Scots should have been extended a warm Singaporean welcome and assisted in every way possible. Think also of all the goodwill and publicity that can be generated. It can only be good for Singapore's ultra-materialistic image overseas! Really short-sighted!

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
The only reason that we even have a National Archives Department is because Old Man's wife nephew asked for it, set it up and ran it. Old man could not be bothered and the various Ministers of cultures and their successor ministries were more concerned with licensing Newspapers, media and journalism and how to control it.

He also revitalised the National Museum if not the land will probably be sold to Ho Bee or some other developer.

Our National Archives and Heritage Board deserve a good spanking. It is of historic value and adds to our national treasure trove of heritage. The Scots should have been extended a warm Singaporean welcome and assisted in every way possible. Think also of all the goodwill and publicity that can be generated. It can only be good for Singapore's ultra-materialistic image overseas! Really short-sighted!

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The only reason that we even have a National Archives Department is because Old Man's wife nephew asked for it, set it up and ran it. Old man could not be bothered and the various Ministers of cultures and their successor ministries were more concerned with licensing Newspapers, media and journalism and how to control it.

He also revitalised the National Museum if not the land will probably be sold to Ho Bee or some other developer.

kwa chong guan?

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
After the war, Lao Lee quickly welcome Japanese MNC to set up shop here. He completely forget how the Japs slaughtered Singkie Chinese by the thousands during the SOOK CHING massacre.

You think LAO lee care about the Scots wasting their life and time in this red dot. LAO LEE is a petty and vindictive character in recorded history. He is a interpreter for the Japs.

that hakka Jew was a fucking traitor.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset

If its history not related to Familee, then its irrelvant to the National Archives and Heritage Board. They will preserve the Old Fart's briefcase, but they will not do anything about this historically significant site.

MadrigalWheel

Alfrescian
Loyal
I'd rather SG not glorify its colonial past by pandering to the historical whims of those that lost the island to the Japs purely because of their arrogance and mere delusions that they considered themselves superior.

So they made some archeological find from WW2? Good, let them then honour their war dead with dignity, I can respect that, the descendants of those fallen or knew of those that suffered deserve closure.

But to me, this post reeks of hypocrisy. Had the government rendered overt assistance, the posts here would be baying for blood under a different tune, "Ang Moh tua Kee!!!!", "SG kowtow to westerners!!!!", "PAP is FT doggie!!!", would be coming out fast and furious.

Pretty much think that had the Brits still managed to hang on to SG till now, you probably would be bent over somewhere getting fucked by Ang Moh tua kee in your ugly ass or be too busy standing by your Ang Moh master attending to his every beck and call than to be so free to post this kind of bullshit post. You'd probably not even be literate or even aware that the Internet existed.

Lets see how far my post goes before it gets warped into an Anti-PAP tirade.

KuanTi01

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Treaure trove of incriminating evidence and a reminder of collusion with the Japs. Building may be demolished but the bad memories linger on.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Yes. Also had a side career in Intelligence.

Intelligence my ass. He knows shit about it. They just move him around MINDEF, yet another scholar doing "strategic policy" for other scholars, everyone with no real world experience. Its blind leading the blind. The only reason he got the National Archives and heritage Board gig was because he started the Army Museum. Based on that, they gave him the whole lock stock and barrel to run. The Army Museum itself is a half ass pathetic attempt to tell the history of the SAF. Only good thing is my old tank is there.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
I'd rather SG not glorify its colonial past by pandering to the historical whims of those that lost the island to the Japs purely because of their arrogance and mere delusions that they considered themselves superior.

So they made some archeological find from WW2? Good, let them then honour their war dead with dignity, I can respect that, the descendants of those fallen or knew of those that suffered deserve closure.

But to me, this post reeks of hypocrisy. Had the government rendered overt assistance, the posts here would be baying for blood under a different tune, "Ang Moh tua Kee!!!!", "SG kowtow to westerners!!!!", "PAP is FT doggie!!!", would be coming out fast and furious.

Pretty much think that had the Brits still managed to hang on to SG till now, you probably would be bent over somewhere getting fucked by Ang Moh tua kee in your ugly ass or be too busy standing by your Ang Moh master attending to his every beck and call than to be so free to post this kind of bullshit post. You'd probably not even be literate or even aware that the Internet existed.

Its not a question of glorifying the colonial past. Its ignorant people like you that don't realize that without the colonial past, we are shits. The biggest legacy of our colonial past are English as the NAtional langauge, the British legal and commercial systems, the british educational system, the civil service, etc. Without any of these colonial legacy, where are we? We are fucking Indonesia or worse. The question is recognizing it.

By the way, if you study your history, the Brits were not the only ones to underestimate the Japanese. The Americans did the same thing and lost the Philippines. Ditto for the French and Indochina, the Dutch and Indonesia. The Japs will tell you that they themselves were taken by surprise at their success. So, don't use that as an excuse to blame the Brits.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Its an excellent post - well argued. I do recall that you made similar substantive post when you first came on board. You should continue to make your views in this manner. Whether one agrees with it is besides the point as it forces readers to see the views of others and re-consider their position.

My view is that history, good or part has to be captured especially the poignant phases. In this case, it shows how badly the British fared and the plight of the Gordons who were posted here with their families. We also to your point cannot pander to one side and have to careful.

Dreamer1

Alfrescian
Loyal

"Lets see how far my post goes before it gets warped into an Anti-PAP tirade." U have presented your point of view, what has it got to do with "Anti-PAP tirade."? to me, the insult to the Scots who are Angel on Earth of Almighty God Allah Jehovah (在地天祋) shows how ignorant you are! U will know very soon, that is for sure.

jebrony

Alfrescian
Loyal

I cannot imagine how many SIngaporeans & our forefathers has he betrayed