• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Pussies lover want greater protection on the road

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal
Should motorists stop if they hit a cat while driving?

INGAPORE - If a motorist knocks down an animal while driving, should he stop to help it?

The law gets tricky if it is a cat.

Enacted on Jan 1, 1963, Singapore's Road Traffic Act defines an "animal" as "any horse, cattle, ass, mule, sheep, pig, goat or dog". Motorists are required to stop and help these animals if they knock them down.

Senior Minister of State for Home Affairs Desmond Lee said: "The specific provision in the Road Traffic Act relating to animals had been confined to farm animals of commercial value. The original intent of the legislation was to ensure restitution to their owners should an accident occur."

Mr Lee was addressing a question from Mr Louis Ng, MP for Nee Soon GRC, who asked if MHA will consider updating and aligning the definition of "animals" in both acts to ensure that there is alignment of legislation across the statutes.

In response, Mr Lee said that MHA intends to review the definition of "animals" in the Road Traffic Act, and also consider any amendment in the context of road safety, especially the safety of the motorist and other road users.

Currently, the definitions of "animals" in the Road Traffic Act and the Animals and Birds Act are not scoped in the same way.

The Animals and Birds Act seeks to prevent the introduction and spread of diseases through animals, control the movement of animals, prevent cruelty to animals, and safeguard the general welfare of animals in Singapore.

Meanwhile the primary intent of the Road Traffic Act is to ensure the safety of road users, including motorists, cyclists and pedestrians.

So should all motorists stop and attend to animals in case of an accident?

"They should stop, if it is safe to do so. If the motorist requires assistance in attending to the animal, he can contact the Agri-Food & Veterinary Authority of Singapore or Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals," Mr Lee said.

[email protected]
- See more at: http://news.asiaone.com/news/singap...ey-hit-cat-while-driving#sthash.9jL2zk4Z.dpuf

too bad the BB rat botak ong has gone, otherwise he would have seconded the vote to protect pussies also.

Brightkid

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bravo!, there you have it.

Humans voted for an MP who ignored the sufferings of the voters but instead fight for rights of animals!

Voters are now one level below animals, after aristocrats, elites, FTs, foreigners!

blackmore

Alfrescian
Loyal
What less could you expect from this guy knowing all the things he advocated zealously for non human beings all those years. I suspect the pappies throw him in the last GE as a side show. He is in a GRC which he will not loose and a sure win job for 5 years. Even Darly David has better credibility than this fellow.

There are more pressing issues faced by citizens living day to day and the current state of the economy. He choose to champion a cause which will eventually lead to his downfall by the next election for being unpopular.

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
If I ever run over a wild boar, my family and friends will be invited over for a sumptuous BBQ.

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal
Pls remember to contact the comfort weemen wing of piak n piak party when you hv wild party n bring out the animal in them

blackmore

Alfrescian
Loyal
If I ever run over a wild boar, my family and friends will be invited over for a sumptuous BBQ.

Good suggestion, perhaps you should try mincing the meat for bak kwa. I tried it across the causeway and the taste was distinctively heavenly.

On a different note, a friend was driving back at night along one of those Lim Chu Kang roads years back and a wild boar ran over and seriously damaged his vehicle front. LL and claim own damage and a very expensive experience. Main point the wild life in Singapore can be a serious threat to public .

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
This guy was recruited by Shanmugam and he enters Parliament to raise this issue and to include cats and dogs in a 53 year old law. Are you kidding me?

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Good suggestion, perhaps you should try mincing the meat for bak kwa. I tried it across the causeway and the taste was distinctively heavenly.

On a different note, a friend was driving back at night along one of those Lim Chu Kang roads years back and a wild boar ran over and seriously damaged his vehicle front. LL and claim own damage and a very expensive experience. Main point the wild life in Singapore can be a serious threat to public .

Many barbarian wild boars across the causeway indeed.

glockman

Old Fart
Asset

Yeah, I tried wild boar meat in KL and JB before. Lean and just the right amount of gamey smell. Shiok! Will try to find wild boar bak kwa the next time I go across the causeway.

I agree. There will be serious damage if the thing bangs into your radiator grille. Which is why an SUV is better than a car, since it sits higher :biggrin:

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
This guy was recruited by Shanmugam and he enters Parliament to raise this issue and to include cats and dogs in a 53 year old law. Are you kidding me?

Not surprised. We've known all along they are just over-rated, over-paid fat cats.