• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Goh Meng Seng: Chee is "Tainted beyond hope" & "unelectable"

RandomNexus

Alfrescian
Loyal
Critique is ok, but he should not try to speak on behalf of CSJ's family by claiming that "his wife and children have suffered much". They look happy and well adjusted enough, GMS obviously has a case of the pappy mentality whereby you need to be rich and "stay out of the public eye unless you decide to post on facebook yourself" in order to be deemed to be enjoying life. He should not try to presume how other people feel based on his own sinkie standards. :wink:

CSJ got one happy family and they were very supportive of him. Even with the media glare, the kids are able to adjust and this is one great credit to CSJ and his wife.

jw5

Loyal
CSJ got one happy family and they were very supportive of him. Even with the media glare, the kids are able to adjust and this is one great credit to CSJ and his wife.

Absolutely agree and I am with you on this. :wink:

swissbank

Alfrescian
Loyal

Attachments

• dog_lick.gif
    dog_lick.gif
    49.1 KB · Views: 464

kulgai

Alfrescian
Loyal
Critique is ok, but he should not try to speak on behalf of CSJ's family by claiming that "his wife and children have suffered much". They look happy and well adjusted enough, GMS obviously has a case of the pappy mentality whereby you need to be rich and "stay out of the public eye unless you decide to post on facebook yourself" in order to be deemed to be enjoying life. He should not try to presume how other people feel based on his own sinkie standards. :wink:

Had GMS contested in place of Chee, Murali would have garnered at least 75%.
Just my humble opinion..

jw5

Loyal
Had GMS contested in place of Chee, Murali would have garnered at least 75%.
Just my humble opinion..

In my humble opinion, if GMS had contested, Murali would have garnered between 65 to 70%. :wink:

borom

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
GMS said he "checked on the demography of BB and found that it has an exceptionally high proportion of Indian voters. It is no wonder PAP is
willing to field an Indian candidate. Well, isn’t this ironic for PAP to accuse SDP of practicing “Racial politics”?

He should have raised the matter before polling day!
How many are new citizens from India, China, Philippines imported by the PAP?
Locals actually voted for these people to come in?

glockman

Old Fart
Asset

Yes bro, I should think CSJ's kids are very well-adjusted and grounded. Based on what I saw during his documentary, and by reading what he wrote. His wife also appears to be very supportive, and a pillar of strength to him. She is so stoic and strong, a woman of substance. I believe the Chees are happier than most sinkie families. I feel happy for them, and hope they find greater happiness in the future. GMS is a typical born, bred and local educated sinkie. Enough said :biggrin:

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
I don't like to be harsh on people, especially opposition folks. They are macham our heroes, as far as I see it. But GMS, Lina Chiam.........hiaz disappointments lah.

GMS may be clean as a whistle, but he is certainly much less electable than Chee. As for Lina, remember she polled close to 50% on Chiam's forey into Bishan, and was also NCMP for 1 term. If you cannot understand how she did that, you don't really understand sinkies. :rolleyes:

KuanTi01

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Goh Meng Seng is a hard-hitting politician and in this case, he may be well-intentioned too in his assessment of Dr Chee. However he is way off the mark in his post-mortem of the BB by election. Dr Chee is "tainted" by the PAP but certainly not beyond hope. Many hail him as a hero and a warrior worthy of being elected into parliament.As for"unelectable" I wouldnt bet on it. Dr Chee is still relatively young and full of vigour, notwithstanding a string of electoral defeats. Goh's PPP was roundly defeated too in CCK Grc. I am sure if he tries hard enough, he will be elected too but not before Dr Chee. Lol.

jw5

Loyal
Yes bro, I should think CSJ's kids are very well-adjusted and grounded. Based on what I saw during his documentary, and by reading what he wrote. His wife also appears to be very supportive, and a pillar of strength to him. She is so stoic and strong, a woman of substance. I believe the Chees are happier than most sinkie families. I feel happy for them, and hope they find greater happiness in the future. GMS is a typical born, bred and local educated sinkie. Enough said :biggrin:

GMS could have done with a stint in Cambridge or Harvard. :biggrin:

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
GMS may be clean as a whistle, but he is certainly much less electable than Chee. As for Lina, remember she polled close to 50% on Chiam's forey into Bishan, and was also NCMP for 1 term. If you cannot understand how she did that, you don't really understand sinkies. :rolleyes:

With regards to Lina Chiam, I was referring to her releasing the statement on Cooling off day. Seems intentional, no?

And you are right, I don't understand sinkies. But one thing I am certain, they are anything but wise.

jw5

Loyal
Goh Meng Seng is a hard-hitting politician and in this case, he may be well-intentioned too in his assessment of Dr Chee. However he is way off the mark in his post-mortem of the BB by election. Dr Chee is "tainted" by the PAP but certainly not beyond hope. Many hail him as a hero and a warrior worthy of being elected into parliament.As for"unelectable" I wouldnt bet on it. Dr Chee is still relatively young and full of vigour, notwithstanding a string of electoral defeats. Goh's PPP was roundly defeated too in CCK Grc. I am sure if he tries hard enough, he will be elected too but not before Dr Chee. Lol.

At least they have one thing in common which is lacking in most sinkies - courage. :wink:

HTOLAS

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
For me, this act taints Mrs Chiam 'beyond hope'.

As for ANALyst GMS, I repeat my call to him to:
  • join SDP
  • mount a leadership challenge
  • depose / replace CSJ
  • unite all the opposition parties in Singapore (macam Genghis Khan in Mongolia)
  • take on the PAPzis
  • and become PM.

With regards to Lina Chiam, I was referring to her releasing the statement on Cooling off day. Seems intentional, no?

And you are right, I don't understand sinkies. But one thing I am certain, they are anything but wise.

jw5

Loyal
For me, this act taints Mrs Chiam 'beyond hope'.

As for ANALyst GMS, I repeat my call to him to:
  • join SDP
  • mount a leadership challenge
  • depose / replace CSJ
  • unite all the opposition parties in Singapore (macam Genghis Khan in Mongolia)
  • take on the PAPzis
  • and become PM.

All these items are so difficult to achieve, should include another one for him to "don't worry be happy". :biggrin:

KuanTi01

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
At least they have one thing in common which is lacking in most sinkies - courage. :wink:

I agree. Courage is lacking in most of us. That is why people like Dr. Chee is needed to galvanise the people in the search for a level playing field for true democracy to take root. We are currently a dictatorship of one-party rule with absolute command and control of everything under the Singapore sun. We are just a pseudo-democracy with lop-sided elections returning the same party to power since time immemorial. I don't think it is because PAP is so much loved by the people as opposed to fear of its absolute power. :rolleyes:

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal
I find that Chee has lots more guts and character then Goh. How come Goh is bad mouthing everyone?